November 2012 Moms

If you're done having kids

The BC posts over the last weeks have me thinking. I was all set for Paraguard at my PP appt., but then realized that DH and I are done having kids. I mean done. I forgot that we had talked about him getting a vasectomy. He is 38 and has several friends who have been snipped without issue and he's quite willing to look into it. I just really want to avoid hormones anymore. So we are going to really start doing some research and I may temporarily go on the pill until he can have it done. My appt. is on Jan. 2 though, so we need to make a concrete decision!

Anyone else considering this?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: If you're done having kids

• We are going with vasectomy. We thought we would consider another but now that we have the 2 we are done for sure. It's just a matter of when. I'm scared its not final enough!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My husband and I have two kids, a 18 month old daughter, and now a newborn son. We feel our family is complete, and honestly don't want more or foresee any more kids in our lives.

However, my husband and I are only 25. I just wonder if that's too soon in our lives to do something more permanent as a vasectomy, as opposed to me just getting an IUD. If we were in our 30s or 40s, he would definitely be getting snipped.

daughter born June 2011 via C-Section, son born November 2012 via VBAC
  • Loading the player...
  • I think we are done, but not necessarily by choice.  It was a shocking surprise that I even got pregnant with DD2 to begin with.  It took us 4 years and fertility treatment (including IVF) to have DD1.   We were so happily surprised when we conceived #2 au natural.  So, that being said, if it "should just happen" again, we'd be thrilled, but it seems unlikely, especially since I'm 37 and DH is 43. You never know!
    IMG_0933 Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • DH is having it done next month.  Went for the consultation yesterday.  I can not do any pills.
                                                 Mom to 4 wonderful daughters
                                 Breanna, Ellie and 
                                 our 2 rainbow babies.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • DH and I have discussed it several times. We were really heading towards being done but we are so young we agreed while I was still pregnant that neither of us would have any procedures done. Now my husband keeps making comments about maybe having another so I know the discussion is far from over.

I am still really stuck on what BC to try. I have given it A LOT of thought and I haven't made much progress.

• imageanchalmasako:

My husband and I have two kids, a 18 month old daughter, and now a newborn son. We feel our family is complete, and honestly don't want more or foresee any more kids in our lives.

However, my husband and I are only 25. I just wonder if that's too soon in our lives to do something more permanent as a vasectomy, as opposed to me just getting an IUD. If we were in our 30s or 40s, he would definitely be getting snipped.

Same here. dh and i are only 25 years old. i have a 3 year old dd from a previous relationship and i thought i was done after having her. then i married dh and he wanted a biological child (understandable). i had alot of problems when i was pg with dd but her birth went smoothly. with ds i had a pretty easy pg other than the preterm labor but i ended up with an emergency c-section with him and im VERY turned off from having anymore.

dh and i decided that i would get the paragaurd and if in 5 years we decide we wnt another THEN we will go for it but if by 30 we dont want anymore we will discuss our options then. he is very willing to get snipped so i dont have to get my tubes tied. 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers       AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Hubs is making an appointment for a vasectomy; in the meantime we'll use condoms.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"