November 2012 Moms

ZzZzZ

10 pm, A has been asleep for an hour, dishes and laundry are done, I'm going to bed.
Hopefully everyone's nights are uneventful.
050 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: ZzZzZ

• 12:42. Waiting for M to burp before tucking her and myself in. Got to see my friends this evening which was great, but found out my bestie had a miscarriage. She didn't tell anyone but me she was PG and I knew she had an 8w US today... I had a feeling all week that there wouldn't be a heartbeat. I'm just glad she's home and can be with her family for a while; she and her H live 8 hours away. So she obviously didn't feel up to hanging out tonight after the US and her long drive through the snow, and asked me to tell the rest of our friends. Hopefully I will see her Monday morning.

So ready for bed.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imagerdmitten:
    12:34am

The bumpies were nestled all snug in their beds
    While visions of wine glasses, sleeping LOs, manicures...insert your wish here...danced in their heads

Just put A to bed. He has been a total bear this week, but all is forgiven thanks to the 3 hour sleep he had and the 4 full hour nap I got this afternoon courtesy of DH.

Got a lovely suprise in the mail today. ILs Christmas card, chalk full of photos of A and a lovely one of me...from a blurry iPhone...with no makeup...and clearly no sleep. Seriously!?!

What pisses me off the most is that A is my son, not theirs. It is up to me and DH to send a card like that.

Did I mention they wanted to send their own announcements? Ugh.

Wait... they sent an actualy CARD with YOUR pictures on it? Oh, hellllll no.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Noah slept from 6301030.....and has been awake and fussy since. He is currently in my arms staring at me with his big wide open eyes. This seems to be the trend this week where is awake and a little fussy from 11130. Then he eats and sleeps for about 4 hours. I enjoy the long stretch but the couple of hours before that wear me out.
    image Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Pregnancy Ticker
  • 12:30. Hallie has fallen asleep in her swing while I was reading to her the past 2 nights...I'm hoping this is the start of her bedtime routine!
    Her and DH went to bed around 8 because DH didn't feel well. So I did my day 2 of Insanity workout. Holy cow...I can already feel how sore my legs are!
    Now I just started feeding Hallie on one side and she fell asleep so I'm attempting to wake her up to eat without waking her up so much that she's up all night. Wish me luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I haven't posted in a while but I'm jumping in.

M is fighting sleep in his Rock N' Play. About this hour every night, that seems to be the norm. But he has started sleeping a few solid hours straight in the last few days.

Speaking of in-law Christmas cards...just got my FIL's today. It had a picture of me immediately after giving birth, looking a hot mess, with a lot of skin showing, holding M. It says "I must officially be getting old, I have a grandson". What is with the lack of boundaries? That picture was sent to him by my husband, he wasn't at the delivery. He hasn't come to visit or called/emailed. I have never met any of his family and this is the photo they get? After the ridiculous and uncomfortable visit from DH's mother and stepfather earlier this week (talk about lack of boundaries), I'm so frustrated- there's no words.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • 2:30. Oh man I want to jump and sing for joy. M slept for 3 hours!!! He hasn't done that since.... I don't even remember. I am so happy. I've only gotten up to a 2 hour stretch, if I was lucky, the past couple days so this was like heaven.

Anyone else facing a growth spurt, hang in there, this too shall pass.
    Photobucket
    "For this child I prayed; and the LORD has given me my petition which I asked of him:"
    -1 Samuel 1:27 Lilypie First Birthday tickers Anniversary
  • 2:30 waiting for M to fall asleep so I can sleep. Tired tonight and going over to my moms to make cookies tomorrow and I'm supposed to leave here at 8:30. Seems so early now. Lol.
    You guys are making my ILs seem like the best ever. I got a call from DHs grandma today about Christmas eve. s
    She wanted to know what she could do to make me and LO more comfortable with BFing at her house with all the family there. So sweet.
    I can't imagine receiving a card with my photo on it after just giving birth. I'm sorry ladies!
    Pregnancy Ticker

photo 9c28f28c-5aae-4b20-8f02-ea27ec37f516_zpsdaed06b5.jpg
  • Your GMIL sounds wonderful! 
  • Just going back through and read about the ILs making their own cards with your photos... That's crazy! I would've been very upset too. It just seems like common sense that that should not be okay.

Maybe you can do a nice card of them next year :winky face:
    Photobucket
    "For this child I prayed; and the LORD has given me my petition which I asked of him:"
  • To all the holiday card boundary overstepping victims, you have my sympathy. My mom is the worst about that kind of thing. It's one of the reasons we haven't spoken since August, actually. I could go on and on about the things she's overshared in the Christmas newsletter! Maybe another time when I'm good and tipsy.

Anyhoo, it's 1 and I'm nursing K one more time before we go to sleep. She was up a lot today being a bit of a princess. I was supposed to have my 6 week PP checkup today but I didn't make it, I feel like crap for being a no show. She was screaming when I left the house so I tried staying home longer than I should have to nurse her, but traffic was so awful that I never would have made it by the time I left so I just turned back around. Oh well, I was a bit afraid that they'd clear me for sex and I'd have no excuses. At least I managed to buy myself a couple more weeks until they could reschedule me!
  • 4:00. Hallie was up on and off from 12.30 to 2 and since DH is sick zzit was just me. I'm exhausted. Nursing baby girl then back to bed for this mama
  • It's 4:50 and Dh just woke me. He couldn't get V down after his bottle (translate---he tried transferring him before he was ready) so I am now awake listening to him in his RnP hoping he can go off on his own. Not hopeful, yet we'll see.

The GREAT news that V went from 10:30-4:00 AM! It did take me till about 11:30 to get him to sleep, but that is still a great stretch of sleep. AND...DH got up at 4:00 to feed. I was up too, but in and out of sleep while DH fed him. 

And...we have success! 5:03 and my little cherub went off with a little soothing sshing, his paci, and a few head rubs from me! Too bad I'm a little too awake now! Lol! Hoping this is the beginning of his beginning to STTN! 

For those of you with IL who overstepped with Xmas cards.....I feel so bad for you! That is awful. My MIL (who lives with us) oversteps in other ways, but would never go that far. I give you all a lot of credit for not reaching through the phone to strangle them! 

IMG_4550[1] Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I feel like doing a happy dance.. We just went 6 hours between feeds.. SIX. And because I was a good girl and went to bed before midnight, I got to sleep for 4 of those 6.
    050 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • 5:45. M slept for another2.5 hours. Yay!

It seems like lots of us are getting more sleepy tonight. Funny that some of you are excited to get 4 to 6 hours and I was just as excited for 3. Maybe I'll get to 4 tomorrow,..
    Photobucket
  • 6am just fed Noah and am pumping now. I woke up super full and he only nursed on one side. I really wanted to just go back to bed but I'm pretty I would have wokenup uncomfortable and soaked in milk. 

N finally settled down around 1 and then he slept until 530! I'm so thankful for these longer stretches of sleep that I am finally getting. In other news N turned 10 weeks old yesterday ! Where did the time go? 

Ok diaper change time and back to bed for a bit. 

image Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Pregnancy Ticker
  • 6:30...Hallie was up 4:30 until 5; 5:30; and now 6:30. At 5:30 she just needed her swing pushed. I'm flipping exhausted...
  • Grace slept from 10 to 5:30. I feel soooo lucky that she always gives me at least a 6 hour stretch! I'm the kind of person who needs a lot of sleep. I always have, so it has been amazing!

I cannot believe some of the Christmas card experiences you gals are having! I would blow a gasket! Sorry ladies!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"