October 2012 Moms

Flammable selfish mommy moment

Mobile: flammable selfish mommy moment.

Today at work we had our secret Santa. The limit was 10 so it wasn't budget breaking. Ok the bratty part. My gift was a fleece pajama onesie from Carter's. It was very sweet, but I was kind of hoping for a mommy gift.

It is the thought that counts nd that's 10 bucks I don't have to spend on one. And baby H could use another one in the 03 month size.

Anyways. That's it. Flame away.

Re: Flammable selfish mommy moment

• No flaming here. My DH had secret Santa at work and someone gave him a babies r us card. Same as you - thoughtful gift, but he really wanted something for him, and I don't blame you guys!
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• That's a secret santa fail. They drew your name not LO. 
  • Loading the player...
  • imagePixelPosy:
    That's a secret santa fail. They drew your name not LO. 

Agreed! If it were your birthday I wouldn't buy you clothes for your baby. 

• imagePixelPosy:

This. I will be pissed if the person who got my name in my family's secret santa gives me a baby gift. It's not like it's a secret santa for babies or a baby gift swap. They should have given you something for you, you aren't only a mom!

• Ok. Phew glad to know I'm not having a bratty mommy moment.

I kind of expected to get a baby gift. But it kinda stinks just being known as a mommy. It's a bit of an identity crisis creator.

Anywho. I'm thankful for the thought nonetheless
  • imageChrisG83:

imagePixelPosy:

This totally.
  • imagejlr1988:
    Ok. Phew glad to know I'm not having a bratty mommy moment. I kind of expected to get a baby gift. But it kinda stinks just being known as a mommy. It's a bit of an identity crisis creator. Anywho. I'm thankful for the thought nonetheless

I feel you on the identity crisis. 

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • The year we found out we were expecting dd, it was right before thanksgiving and my bday. When DH asked what I wanted for my bday and Christmas, I said anything but baby stuff. It was my last year to be selfish I felt. Not saying you can't, saying I feel ya! Now I'm just over it and am good getting stuff for the kids since there's nothing I want or need other than a tropical vacation with accompanying nanny!!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageChrisG83:

imagePixelPosy:

My MIL bought "me" a onsie and socks for my birthday in March. I was like, ummmm thanks, I am sure he or she will like them...in seven months.

I'll be honest, I was actually kind of hurt. It made me feel like an incubator not a person.
  • imagelucreciac:
    No flaming here. My DH had secret Santa at work and someone gave him a babies r us card. Same as you - thoughtful gift, but he really wanted something for him, and I don't blame you guys!

Your DH could go to a toys r us store to use the gift card. He could get a movie or something else he'd like! 

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"