3rd Trimester

OB/GYN docs are leaving

So, I just heard last night that ALL of the doctor's in my OB/GYN practice are switching over to a different healthplan as of today.  My MIL works within the hospital, so I got a little early heads up. The office hasn't even notified patients yet.  The physical office itself will still be my healthplan, but they are bringing in other doctors.

So now, with less than 80 days to go, I have to start seeing an entirely new set of doctors.  Not really a big deal -- I've had no issues so I have no  "history" that they need to be aware of.  I also didn't really have a close, warm, fuzzy relationship with any of the doctors in the practice... BUT... all of the doctors they're bringing in are male.  All of the doctors who are leaving are female.

I'm just not happy about this at all!!  My next appointment is Thursday.  It is bound to be a real treat.  Luckily it's still just quick and easy HB checks/question answering!!!

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: OB/GYN docs are leaving

• Yikes. I would not like the change in doctor, but having a male OB/GYN isn't bad. I actually prefer a male over female. They tend to be more gentle & believe it or not, sensitive. Women tend to have the 'been there, done that' mentality where as men really don't know what it's like to be pregnant, so they kind of have more sympathy. :P Good Luck! 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BFP #1:10/31/10 DS born 6/22/11BFP #3:4/24/12 DD born 12/31/12
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagelandosmommy:
    Yikes. I would not like the change in doctor, but having a male OB/GYN isn't bad. I actually prefer a male over female. They tend to be more gentle & believe it or not, sensitive. Women tend to have the 'been there, done that' mentality where as men really don't know what it's like to be pregnant, so they kind of have more sympathy. :P Good Luck! 

In all of my years seeing an OB/GYN, I've never seen a male!  At this point, it might not be as terrifying as say 15 years ago, but I find something strange about males who want to look at hoo ha's all day. :)

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imageInkedMegs:

imagelandosmommy:
    Yikes. I would not like the change in doctor, but having a male OB/GYN isn't bad. I actually prefer a male over female. They tend to be more gentle & believe it or not, sensitive. Women tend to have the 'been there, done that' mentality where as men really don't know what it's like to be pregnant, so they kind of have more sympathy. :P Good Luck! 

In all of my years seeing an OB/GYN, I've never seen a male!  At this point, it might not be as terrifying as say 15 years ago, but I find something strange about males who want to look at hoo ha's all day. :)

There's nothing strange about it. It's just anatomy when your in the medical field. I'm a nurse and I have to see/handle penis all the time, stick things in them too, and it's not weird, it's just anatomy. The only time I wanted a female to do my girly exams was when I went to my ER(where I work)...it's bad enough having a coworker see your hoohah, but one of the guys, no thank you.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Check with your insurance company, you MAY not have to switch doctors.  One of the doctors in my DD's pediatrician's office recently switched which health plans she accepts and we got a courtesy letter from our insurance company.  It was a pretty standard form letter that indicated if the above mentioned doctor was being seen for OB care that he/she could continue to be seen for the duration of the pregnancy and would be covered under our insurance.  Worth checking into.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageInkedMegs:

imagelandosmommy:

This made me lol. I find it stranger to think a woman wants to look at hoo ha's all day, I expect a man to want to haha.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagedrewiekc:
    Check with your insurance company, you MAY not have to switch doctors. nbsp;One of the doctors in my DD's pediatrician's office recently switched which health plans she accepts and we got a courtesy letter from our insurance company. nbsp;It was a pretty standard form letter that indicated if the above mentioned doctor was being seen for OB care that he/she could continue to be seen for the duration of the pregnancy and would be covered under our insurance. nbsp;Worth checking into.

I think that I have seen this claus before, I would definitely check. But I am confessed why the office would only bring in males, many women share hour feelings about male ob/gyns
  • imagePatsyGK21:

This made me lol. I find it stranger to think a woman wants to look at hoo ha's all day, I expect a man to want to haha.

LoL!  Touche! (pretend like the acute accent is above the "e"!)

I will definitely check out the insurance details.  I think a friend mentioned this to me last night (she happens to go to the same practice, but has the insurance healthplan that our doctors are switching to, so she has no worries!).

We currently have battling insurance plans in the area, so there are a lot of uncertainties between the two and the participating hospitals. I hope it all goes smoothly. 

It is just funny because DH has the insurance the doctors are going TO and I have the one they are leaving.  With the baby we were all going to go on MY insurance to stay with the hospital/doctors and this entire situation makes us actually have to go back and rethink this.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Wow, that is unfortunate!  I hope you like the new doctors.  I go to a practice with 5 men and I love all of them.  Hope you do too.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • With DD, I was adamant that I wanted a woman! I chose a practice with all women, and it was a pretty much an awful experience. I really wish I'd changed doctors mid pregnancy.

This time I chose a guy who I love. I'm super comfortable with him. I wouldn't stress about it until after you meet them.
  • I prefer male ob/gyns. I find that female docs who have kids are more likely to compare their experiences to yours, when every situation is different. Also, I think they're more sympathetic and listen better. My practice has both male and female docs, and a male delivered Ds.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageInkedMegs:

imagelandosmommy:

Stranger are women who want to look at hoohas all day! Or how about Proctologists? Imagine looking at a**holes all day? 

• imagelandosmommy:
    Yikes. I would not like the change in doctor, but having a male OB/GYN isn't bad. I actually prefer a male over female. They tend to be more gentle amp; believe it or not, sensitive. Women tend to have the 'been there, done that' mentality where as men really don't know what it's like to be pregnant, so they kind of have more sympathy. :P Good Luck!nbsp;

I had a male ob with dd1 and he was a complete jacka before, during, and after the birth. He blamed every issue I had as "hormones" I found out I had eclampsia after dd was born. My bp went up to 170/150 before I went into labor. During labor my contractions quit so he just doubled the dose of pitocine trying to keep my labor going. He double maxed me out then refused to do a c/s because it meant calling the anesthesiologist at night. Dd and I both could have died and his response to every problem was that I was a ftm and didn't know anything.
                    We're Going to be a Family of 5!

Lilypie - (PaHE) Lilypie - (4noI)

Lilypie - (2q9u)

• imagemabenner1:
    I prefer male ob/gyns. I find that female docs who have kids are more likely to compare their experiences to yours, when every situation is different. Also, I think they're more sympathetic and listen better. My practice has both male and female docs, and a male delivered Ds.

This.  I've always preferred males.  But everyone's experience and preferences are different.

IAmPregnant Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"