Baby Names

Girl List

I have posted about some of these names before, but DH and I are getting nowhere when it comes to making a decision! Please give your opinion on each of the names below. I really would like something easy to say and easy to spell (my name is neither and it is annoying). Something not super popular either. Big brother is Calvin.

Adelia/Delia 

Anastasia (nn Anna)

Anna

Evelyn (nn Evie)

Gwyneth (nn Gwen)

Ivy

Lorelei/Lorelai (nn Rory)

Re: Girl List

• My favorites on your list are Ivy and Delia.  I think they pair best with Calvin.

I think Anna and Evelyn are creeping up in popularity (but are beautiful names) and Lorelei, Gweneth and Anastasia are a bit heavy handed for my personal taste.

BFP 1- EDD 2/09/11 Missed MC DX @11 weeks D&C- 7/25/10 BFP 2- EDD 12/22/11 Natural MC @ 5w 2d BFP 3- EDD 1/25/12 DD Josephine born 1/16/12

Lilypie - (TUWi)

• I like Ivy.

Anastasia reminds me of 50 shades, sorry. 

“I’d marry again if I found a man who had $15 million and would sign over half of it to me before the marriage and guarantee he’d be dead in a year.” - Bette Davis
  • Loading the player...
  • I love your names but Ivy jumps out at me! Very easy to say and spell and its sort of a fun bonus that Ivy & Calvin share the "V"
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Adelia/Delia - I like it. Have you considered Cordelia?

Anastasia - Love it! However, it does remind me of the '50 Shades' Trilogy. ;)

Anna - Love it! It pairs nicely with Calvin.

Evelyn - Like it.

Gwyneth - Like it.

Ivy - Love it!

Lorelei/Lorelai - I love the Lorelei spelling, but it's so Gilmore Girls...

Mr. & Mrs. - Est. 10.03.2009

TTC #1 since 06.2011 Me-24 DH-24

12.2011 SA = Normal

06.2012 First visit with OB/GYN

10.2012 Clomid 50mg + TI = BFN

11.2012 Clomid 50mg + TI = BFN

12.2012 Clomid 100mg + TI = BFN

01.2013 First visit with RE

02.2013 Clomid 150mg + TI = BFN

03.2013 Femara 5mg + TI = BFN

05.2013 Femara 5mg + TI = BFN

06.2013 Femara 7.5mg + TI = BFN

*Taking a break*  

• If you want something easy to say and easy to spell, I would cross off Adelia, Anastasia, and Lorelei from the list.  Not a fan of them anyway.

I love Anna and Evelyn nn Evie.  I like Gwyneth nn Gwen also.

Not a fan of Ivy.

My vote would be Evelyn nn Evie.

BFP 1/8/10, MC 1/15/10 | BFP 3/20/10, MC 6/24/10 | BFP 12/13/10...EDD 8/22/11...DD born 6/7/11 @ 29 weeks 1 day Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thanks for the responses so far. The 50 shades reference for Anastasia doesn't bother me. I haven't read the books and I just don't care. My hang up is that it sounds a little too princessy to me.

I also like the "v" connection ivy and Evelyn have with Calvin, as another poster pointed out. Our last name starts with V also.

Anna seems a little boring to me but is DH favorite.
  • I like Evelyn the most.

I can't Ivy....reminds me of poison ivy. 

utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=HTML&utm_campaign=tickers" title="Getting Pregnant">Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagekayjay10:

If you want something easy to say and easy to spell, I would cross off Adelia, Anastasia, and Lorelei from the list. 

I would say this for spelling.  I suck at it and don't know if I would get these right.

I like the other 3, Like Evelyn nn Evie the best!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • My favorites are Adelia and Delia but I prefer Delia with Calvin as a sibset.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Great list!  I really like Delia, Anna, Gwyneth, Ivy, and Lorelei.  I do think you'll have pronunciation/spelling issues with Lorelei though.  I like Calvin and Delia, Calvin and Anna, and Calvin and Ivy the best.

ETA - just saw your post that Anna is your DH's favorite.  There must be something about that name...it's my DH's favorite too, and while I like it, I worry that it's too boring too.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Ivy is DD, so that's my fave. Also like Gwenyth, but prefer Gwendolyn. Mostly I love the nn Gwen tho.
  • I like Anna, Ivy, and Lorelei best. Evelyn is okay too. Adelia/Delia, Anastasia, and Gwyneth are my least favorite of the bunch. 
    Lilypie - (KNqh)
  • I'm not a fan of Adelia and Anastasia. I like Anna, Ivy and Evelyn. I love Lorelei and Gwyneth!
    Carly
    (Former UN: iloveshanej)

Birdie born 05/01/2007
    Rainbow Surprise Baby due 05/26/2017                                          

Potato Launcher

• I like Anna the best.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    TTGP March Siggy Challenge
  • From your list my favorite is Evelyn. It is also on DH and I's list along with Lillian, and Vivian.
  • imageGMH1183:
    Thanks for the responses so far. The 50 shades reference for Anastasia doesn't bother me. I haven't read the books and I just don't care. My hang up is that it sounds a little too princessy to me. I also like the "v" connection ivy and Evelyn have with Calvin, as another poster pointed out. Our last name starts with V also. Anna seems a little boring to me but is DH favorite.

A close friend of mine has a two year old whos name is Anastasia. I think it fits her very well. She goes by Annie as well.

• My favourite by a long shot is Gwyneth (I like Gwendolyn even more).
  • I like Evelyn the best followed by Anastasia. 
  • I think Ivy is a super cute name (and definitely easy to say and spell)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"