October 2012 Moms

FFFC??

It is Friday, right?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Remembering my angel baby, Ezekiel, 09/03/2011...you will forever be in my heart.

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Re: FFFC??

• DH and I have only gotten busy 1x in the last 3 months (wife fail!)...I feel like I should give it up this weekend since my SDs will be gone. My plan: alcohol.
    Remembering my angel baby, Ezekiel, 09/03/2011...you will forever be in my heart.

• I wore my underwear inside out the other day and didn't know until the next morning when I went to shower.
  • Loading the player...
  • Oh yeah. I forgot about Friday.  

My FFFC is that it drives me crazy when people get feisty and catty over a UO. You're not supposed to agree. Isn't that the point? UNPOPULAR opinion.  It seems fine to reply with your own thoughts but really messed up to bash others or make them feel like crap. 

Other FFFC: I am re-gifting a bunch of gifts this year. (See other post) 

• imagedotmbc:
    Still haven't done it yet....

Also...
    I think ds is really cute when he's upset....I have let him get upset before to take a picture.

Both for me too! Although, I haven't taken pictures of ds upset.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Oct Angel Babies
  • I think it's ridiculous when people think babies shouldn't go out without socks. As long as I'm keeping my kid warm enough what the f is the point of socks? Their feet rarely touch anything. Their hands touch a bunch of stuff and go in their mouth so really it would make more sense to insist on mittens.

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageSarelnad:

Oh yeah. I forgot about Friday.  

My FFFC is that it drives me crazy when people get feisty and catty over a UO. You're not supposed to agree. Isn't that the point? UNPOPULAR opinion.  It seems fine to reply with your own thoughts but really messed up to bash others or make them feel like crap. 

Other FFFC: I am re-gifting a bunch of gifts this year. (See other post) 

oy this won't end well...

my FFFCs:

- still no DTD

- I enjoyed the fact that LO was passed out all day yesterday, knowing full well that the reason was because of his shots and that he didn't feel well. I'm a horrible mother who enjoys her kid's discomfort for her own benefit, but I needed the "me" time! 

Married my best friend 09.18.11
    TTC since 12.10.11, BFP #1 02.10.12
    Baby E born 10/18/12. 8.5lbs and 21in of pure perfection!

My Blogging Endeavors:
    Here Comes Mommy
  • i had to let alice sit there and cry yesterday.  It was either let her cry or me pee on the couch.  I'm not comfortable taking her in the bathroom with me, so cry won out.  

I live in Alaska.  It's effing cold here.  (high today is 6.)  I don't always put a jacket on her when we're going somewhere.  In my defense, she's under at least two blankets on the way to the truck which is already warmed up when we get there.  The heater stays on in the truck.  Then she's under at least two blankets walking into wherever we're going (store, someone's house, etc) where the heater is already on.  So yeah.  I have no guilt. 

After 7 years of no ovulation...
    BFP#1 10/24/11 ~ EDD 6/29/12 ~ Natural m/c 11/2/11
    BFP#2 2/3/12 ~ Alice born 9/26/12

Oct Angel Babies
  • Confession:  Every day this week, I've put on an episode of Yo Gabba Gabba on my Netflix instant play for LO to watch.  It's twenty minutes that I can make dinner uninterrupted or take a shower.  LO loves the colors and the songs and sometimes I have to stop what I'm doing to enjoy his joy.  I'm sure tv is terrible for infants, but for twenty minutes a day, I get a break!  Don't hate me!
  • imagedotmbc:
    imageSarelnad:

That's kind of the point of the UO and the FFFC threads....at least it gets the board moving a little.  

Maybe my FFFC is that yesterday's UO thread made my day!   

I confess that I wish our UO/FFFC threads had more drama. 

• Here's another one: I think that the gun control debate is being used by states as a cop out in most cases to hide their lack of care for mental health services. It's easier and cheaper for people to get a gun than to be admitted for mental health services. It takes at least 30 days for a patient to be screened for services at a day program, and if they are "too much of a liability" they are left with maybe therapy once a week, and don't get me started with mental health housing. 

My point is, states would rather benefit from tax income from gun purchases than investing more in their metal health system. I'm not saying that there shouldn't be some serious consideration over gun control, but ignoring everything else doesn't help the issue. 

Married my best friend 09.18.11
    TTC since 12.10.11, BFP #1 02.10.12
    Baby E born 10/18/12. 8.5lbs and 21in of pure perfection!

My Blogging Endeavors:
    Here Comes Mommy
  • Dotmbc, my quote on mobile is being dumb. Anyway, I think there's enough padding that it keeps them warm. I have never felt her be cold on her back when i take her out of her seat when we get in the house.

Oct Angel Babies
  • Still haven't DTD. I'm lying and saying my stitches haven't healed.

I bedshare with both of my babies at the same time.

I farted this morning and blamed it on J.

My babies have been wearing the same clothes for 3 days.

That's all I'm willing to reveal right now. 

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • imagemrs.ike:

i had to let alice sit there and cry yesterday.  It was either let her cry or me pee on the couch.  I'm not comfortable taking her in the bathroom with me, so cry won out.  

I live in Alaska.  It's effing cold here.  (high today is 6.)  I don't always put a jacket on her when we're going somewhere.  In my defense, she's under at least two blankets on the way to the truck which is already warmed up when we get there.  The heater stays on in the truck.  Then she's under at least two blankets walking into wherever we're going (store, someone's house, etc) where the heater is already on.  So yeah.  I have no guilt. 

It's not 6 degrees here, but I would do the same thing. It's annoying to put on and take off a jacket. They are definitely just as warm with a couple blankets on.
  • My son woke up the other night and I nursed him to sleep. It took almost an hour.  When I went to put him down, I noticed his sleeper was slightly damp, albeit a very small spot.  I couldn't tell if it was pee, sweat, or breast milk that had dripped down.  It was 2 am and I didn't have the balls to wake him up and change him and go through the whole process again, so I laid him down to sleep.  Thankfully it never got worse, but I felt like a terrible Mom. 

BabyFruit Ticker

imageimage 

BFP 1/24/2012 - DS Born 9/22/2012 (11 days early!)
    BFP 2/15/2014 - CP 2/19/2014
    BFP 11/4/2014 - Due 7/14/2015
  • imageMrschica:
    Here's another one: I think that the gun control debate is being used by states as a cop out in most cases to hide their lack of care for mental health services. It's easier and cheaper for people to get a gun than to be admitted for mental health services. It takes at least 30 days for a patient to be screened for services at a day program, and if they are "too much of a liability" they are left with maybe therapy once a week, and don't get me started with mental health housing.nbsp;My point is, states would rather benefit from tax income from gun purchases than investing more in their metal health system. I'm not saying that there shouldn't be some serious consideration over gun control, but ignoring everything else doesn't help the issue.nbsp;

I agree. Guns, in purchasing aspects, are like drugs. If you really want one, you can get one. And this is really going to stir the pot. We live close enough to crime ridden countries for people to get guns anyway. It's an mental health and education issue.
  • imagebellre:
    imagedotmbc:
    imageSarelnad:

That's kind of the point of the UO and the FFFC threads....at least it gets the board moving a little.  

Bahahahaha!  Stay around more and spice it up for us!  :D
  • I bring Alice to bed with me even though Husband doesn't like it.

Oct Angel Babies
  • imagebellre:
    imagedotmbc:
    imageSarelnad:

I used to think of really controversial UO just to spark a hot debate. It only worked half of the time. 

imageimage

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I hate guns and think they should be banned.
    I think anyone who thinks giving teachers/school staff guns is a good idea lacks foresight. You're just asking for trouble and more shootings.
  • imageSarelnad:

you honestly thought that your UO wouldn't get a response? If you're going to put things like that on the internet you should probably expect someone to reply to it.

image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagemrs.ike:

i had to let alice sit there and cry yesterday.  It was either let her cry or me pee on the couch.  I'm not comfortable taking her in the bathroom with me, so cry won out.  

L hates wearing a coat or snowsuit, he has one of those jolly jumper car seat snugglers and i put a blanket on him too, as well as a car seat cover so I figure he's fine, he's always warm when I take him out.

my FFFC - i just cried because the swing stopped working  (we are currently in our week 12/13 wonder week.)

• imageirish city girl:
    I hate guns and think they should be banned.
    I think anyone who thinks giving teachers/school staff guns is a good idea lacks foresight. You're just asking for trouble and more shootings.

This line of thinking scares the sh!t out of me.

Oct Angel Babies
  • Relates to a UO.

I put socks on H, even though he kicks them off most of the time, to keep hair from wrapping around his toes. I have long hair and its starting to fall out by the truck load. My mom also has long hair that is falling out faster than mine. So I keep socks on him to keep hair tourniquets from forming on his toes and feet.

Lazy mama. But it's one less thing I have to worry about him crying about.
  • imageblackcat3163:
    imageSarelnad:

you honestly thought that your UO wouldn't get a response? If you're going to put things like that on the internet you should probably expect someone to reply to it.

did you read the whole thing?  I said "it seems fine for others to reply with their own  thoughts but really messed up to bash others or make them feel like crap." 

I expect people to reply. I just don't understand why people have to take it to the next level.  Some people are straight up hurtful with their comments to others. 

• imageSarelnad:
    imageblackcat3163:
    imageSarelnad:

did you read the whole thing?  I said "it seems fine for others to reply with their own  thoughts but really messed up to bash others or make them feel like crap." 

I expect people to reply. I just don't understand why people have to take it to the next level.  Some people are straight up hurtful with their comments to others. 

yes I did indeed read your WHOLE post.

I'm just saying that if you don't want people to reply to posts like that you shouldn't put things on the internet, it kinda goes with the territory. I don't think what I wrote back to you was very inflammatory but i could see how you might think others were. Religion is a hot button topic so writing that you think it's silly for non-christians to celebrate christmas is really asking for it.

• imageirish city girl:
    I hate guns and think they should be banned. I think anyone who thinks giving teachers/school staff guns is a good idea lacks foresight. You're just asking for trouble and more shootings.

Banning guns doesn't do anything to stop people from illegally obtaining them.

More accessible mental health services and increased safety/security at schools are more logical preventative actions. 

• imageyinyang124:

Still haven't DTD. I'm lying and saying my stitches haven't healed.

all of these are amazing, and the bolded is my fav.

dude, you have twins - I feel like if these are your confessions you're doing awesome.

• imageyinyang124:

imageirish city girl:

More accessible mental health services and increased safety/security at schools are more logical preventative actions. 

I understand that, but I'm still entitled to think that. It would never happen, but I can dream.

I work in mental health so believe me, I'm all for better mental health care. People really have no idea how bad mental health care really is. It's frightening. What the media reports is only the tip of the iceberg.
  • imageirish city girl:

I agree. Who thinks that putting MORE guns in schools would solve any problems is, IMO, delusional. When there are guns in a home, the line is, keep them locked up or away from kids. Why would a school be any different? There are also studies/experiments that have been done I can't site them right now, but I will look for them that even when people have guns on their person, when under attack they didn't always have the presence of mind to use them. Teaching children that guns are the answer to our problems, is IMO, not the answer to our problems.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageirish city girl:
    imageyinyang124:

imageirish city girl:
    I hate guns and think they should be banned. I think anyone who thinks giving teachers/school staff guns is a good idea lacks foresight. You're just asking for trouble and more shootings.

I understand that, but I'm still entitled to think that. It would never happen, but I can dream. I work in mental health so believe me, I'm all for better mental health care. People really have no idea how bad mental health care really is. It's frightening. What the media reports is only the tip of the iceberg.

You absolutely are.

My mom's health insurance just dropped their mental health coverage from 30% to nothing. She has bipolar and borderline personality. She has to pay everything OOP now, and she really can't afford to, so I know she will stop treatment. Just sad.

• imageblackcat3163:
    imageSarelnad:
    imageblackcat3163:
    imageSarelnad:

I'm just saying that if you don't want people to reply to posts like that you shouldn't put things on the internet, it kinda goes with the territory. I don't think what I wrote back to you was very inflammatory but i could see how you might think others were. Religion is a hot button topic so writing that you think it's silly for non-christians to celebrate christmas is really asking for it.

Not that I really want to get involved because I didn't read the WHOLE UO, but I would just like to point out, how many atheists and agnostics do we know that celebrate Hanukkah or Ramadan? However, I do believe that people can celebrate whatever they want however they want and there is no right or wrong way. I personally am just of the opinion that Christmas is a religious holiday just as much as Hanukkah and Ramadan

• imageblackcat3163:
    imageyinyang124:

Still haven't DTD. I'm lying and saying my stitches haven't healed.

all of these are amazing, and the bolded is my fav.

dude, you have twins - I feel like if these are your confessions you're doing awesome.

Haha, thank you. Sometimes I feel like the world is giving me the side-eye.

• imageirish city girl:

I agree. Who thinks that putting MORE guns in schools would solve any problems is, IMO, delusional. When there are guns in a home, the line is, keep them locked up or away from kids. Why would a school be any different? There are also studies/experiments that have been done I can't site them right now, but I will look for them that even when people have guns on their person, when under attack they didn't always have the presence of mind to use them. Teaching children that guns are the answer to our problems, is IMO, not the answer to our problems.
  • My FFFC is I know most people will flame me but I let my 2 month old watch The Dark Knight Rises with me and DH the other night. He loved the action scenes hahaha. Also, he seems to be rather fond of Law and Order SVU ;)
  • ds watches tv with me during the day.  i try to turn him away from the tv, but not always.  

• I let LO scream in her bouncy seat while I wrapped presents next to her. She had been changed, fed, burped, pacifiered, everything I could do. She screamed regardless if I held her or not. I figured that I could at least get something done while she screamed.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imagektbee33:
    imageblackcat3163:
    imageSarelnad:
    imageblackcat3163:
    imageSarelnad:

Not that I really want to get involved because I didn't read the WHOLE UO, but I would just like to point out, how many atheists and agnostics do we know that celebrate Hanukkah or Ramadan? However, I do believe that people can celebrate whatever they want however they want and there is no right or wrong way. I personally am just of the opinion that Christmas is a religious holiday just as much as Hanukkah and Ramadan

very well put.  

• I don't watch my language very well around DS. This is what I imagine my life will be like in a few years if I don't learn how to now:

image image

image image

• Eh...I'm kinda tired of the whole "I let my kid sleep in a little drop of pee last night. I'm such a bad mom" or "he watched 5 minutes of tv, so he's going to be developmentally behind." To me these aren't really FFFC's, they're just something that occasionally happens when you're a new mom. I don't let my kid sleep in a puddle of poop, but if he spits up a little in his sleep I'm not gonna wake him up to change him because IMO I'd be a worse mom to do that and get him all riled up.     That's all. I guess it's not really an FFFC.
  • Yeah - letting your 2 month old watch tv is not flame-able - it's just lights and sound to them right now.

Mine - I think I would totally go for a 3rd baby but I have zero desire to be pregnant again.  I don't want to give up wine for 9+ months again.  I love it too much.  I know, it's just sad.

Aaden18mos Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Addie NewbornBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"