June 2013 Moms

Back Pain

Last night I started having lower back pain. I was on my feet baking cookies so I thought once I get off my feet I'll be fine. (I usuallly never have back pain.) However, it still hurt during the night while I was sleeping and now today I feel it in my upper back as well. It's very painful. I tried some stretches with my fitness ball but it hasn't helped. I'm going to take a hot shower later, but what else can I do? I feel very stiff. Is this normal? Oh and it's not from extra weight because I'm actually down a pound from before my BFP.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Back Pain

• Somedays my back is stiffer than others either from being on my feet a lot or sitting alot (I'm still trying to find that happy medium). 

I like elevate my feet at night a little and use a heating pad.  I keep in on low and only for short amounts of time.  Just enough to loosen up my muscles a little.  Hope you feel better soon!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My back has been giving me grief this past week, but I started sleeping with a pillow between my knees (actually its a full on body pillow) and it feels much better these days.

Good luck, back pain is the worst!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm good all day until I lay down, then that's when the pain comes. I'm totally okay throughout the day but when bedtime comes I'm just in pain! I ask my SO to rub my back a little and it kinda helps. I also use a pillow between my knees some how that really relief some of the tension. Hope you feel better!
  • I seem to be trending my grandmother's first pregnancy, so I'm expecting back pain for the next 6 months.  Don't stand for long periods of time.  I have a bar height chair in the kitchen so I can sit while I cook.  Don't strain your back.  Be very careful of what you do that will effect your back.  For me I can not have a heavy one shoulder purse, push anything or walk my dogs for long periods(they still pull a bit which effects my back).  Yeah I like don't do anything.  I was told to take warm epsome salt baths to help.

Also, it doesn't matter if you lost weight or not.  What matters is where the weight is located.  I have lost about 3lbs, but I have a larger bump and more lower back pain specificly. 

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"