June 2013 Moms

FFFC!!!

Its the end of the world at some point today. May as well fess up! Also remember that these hardly ever remain flame free.

CJ 05/29/2013

Re: FFFC!!!

• Everyone's response to this pregnancy, and I mean everyone, has been "hopefully you finally get your boy!!". Truth is, I'd rather have another girl. Don't get me wrong, if it is a boy, I'm sure I will love him more than words and the idea of me ever wanting a girl again will seem silly. But, I love love having girls. So, if it were up to me, I would want another one.
  • I have a coworker who likes to pretend he's cute and doesn't like to disclose information about what he needs(in regards to equipment) and is just a know it all. I purposely make him do all the paperwork required and am a sticker about the process because I don't trust him. He wants to act like a know it all ass, fine, I hold the keys to the supply room and my boss will back me 100%. Jerk face.

CJ 05/29/2013

• Loading the player...
  • Hopefully this doesn't come off as snarky, but I have to laugh at the FTMs who post about other people's kids and discipline. I shouldn't because I know I felt the same way at one point. I'm sure I've said my kid will never act that way. Now when I see other people's kids throwing a fit I just start saying my hail mary's and hoping it's not my turn tomorrow. 

PCOS Dx 12.08 / BFP! 4.22.10 DS1 born 1.4.11 DS2 born 6.19.13
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imagehjk5000:

Hopefully this doesn't come off as snarky, but I have to laugh at the FTMs who post about other people's kids and discipline. I shouldn't because I know I felt the same way at one point. I'm sure I've said my kid will never act that way. Now when I see other people's kids throwing a fit I just start saying my hail mary's and hoping it's not my turn tomorrow. 

SO true
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagehjk5000:

Hopefully this doesn't come off as snarky, but I have to laugh at the FTMs who post about other people's kids and discipline. I shouldn't because I know I felt the same way at one point. I'm sure I've said my kid will never act that way. Now when I see other people's kids throwing a fit I just start saying my hail mary's and hoping it's not my turn tomorrow. 

This. Yes. I was shopping with my mom a couple weekends ago, and there was a little one probably 2ish, and she was PISSED. I told my mom, "I used to judge those people.. and then I had Emma." She just laughed. My first was the easiest kid in the world. My second.. holy mother of stubborn. She is fiercely independent, strong willed like nothing I've ever seen, and of course freakishly strong to boot. Flashback to the "You just wait" post from Drea a couple weeks ago. Ha.

• I have a spin off on the behavior posts above. For me I knew kids can act horribly and it's not always the parents fault. I however did judge people that brought snacks into restaurants for the kids. I thought "really a 2 year old can't wait 10 minutes?
    God punished me for my judgement of those moms with a toddler who cries and screams "food" if a table near us gets food before we do. I'm talking inconsolable makes it look like he never eats crying.
    So I guess that I give snacks to my kid to keep him quiet is my confession.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • imageMeghanKG:
    My MIL oversteps her boundaries all the time and I'm scared it will be 100 times worse once baby is here. I came home yesterday and she's on our back deck hanging up windchimes. Like 10 of them. Why? Because she loves them. If I were on my computer I would PIP it. I hate windchimes. This morning at 5 am it sounded like we had a windchimes symphony outside. And truth is, right now I don't have the energy to fight with my husband about how much she irks me sometimes.

Oh wow, that sucks! If you take them down will she get the hint or just get pissed? 

• imageMeghanKG:
    imagehjk5000:

imageMeghanKG:
    My MIL oversteps her boundaries all the time and I'm scared it will be 100 times worse once baby is here. I came home yesterday and she's on our back deck hanging up windchimes. Like 10 of them. Why? Because she loves them. If I were on my computer I would PIP it. I hate windchimes. This morning at 5 am it sounded like we had a windchimes symphony outside. And truth is, right now I don't have the energy to fight with my husband about how much she irks me sometimes.

Oh wow, that sucks! If you take them down will she get the hint or just get pissed? 

Ehh, I think she'll get pissed. And my husband will tell me it's rude. Maybe this wind will knock them down and blow them away. Far, far away.

lol, ah yes the "wind"....maybe leave one of the heavier ones broken in the yard as evidence. ;-)

• UGH! Every year we plan out xmas eve the same...2-3:30 at my husbands grandma's, 4-5:30 at my grandma's, then my parents house at 6. The past 2 years I have been jipped at my grandma's b/c one year we tried to leave my husband's family but O no they had to do pictures before we left and we ended up 45 minutes late to my grandma's. Last year, we got out of there on time but then my siblings (who had went early) and parents decided we were leaving my grandma's early so I only got like 30 minutes there. This year I told my family we had to have an official time and they all agreed on 4-5:30...Perfect right? Yesterday my husband tells me we are supposed to be at his grandma's at 3. Are you kidding me! And he says that has always been the time, they never had it at 2, but he's WRONG!! So now either we only get 30 minutes at his grandma's or my family gets jipped once again!!
    Married 3/24/12
    #1 Born 6/14/13
    #2 Due 11/1/16

• I'll play!

My pregnant co-worker has been really getting under my skin lately, pretty much with everyone in the office: i.e: throwing people under the bus so she looks better than everyone.  She is a FTM and 99% of the time I support her and answer her questions about her pregnancy. 

She's super nervous about labor, so lately, I may have been egging her on a little bit and adding fuel to the flame.....Stick out tongue

• My husband had a board meeting last night and after I put G down to bed I read some of the news and started crying so hard (again) about Newtown that my nose started bleeding. Then I had a glass of red wine to calm myself down. So I drank alone on the couch crying with a bloody nose while pregnant. It was a small glass, but it was still a pretty pathetic scene. (It was also my first time since my BFP and will be my last for a while"!)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• imageMeghanKG:
    imagehjk5000:

imageMeghanKG:

Ehh, I think she'll get pissed. And my husband will tell me it's rude. Maybe this wind will knock them down and blow them away. Far, far away.

im confused.... She came to YOUR house to hang wind chimes without asking and you think she would be mad/upset if you took the, down? 

• I have a bunch of close girlfriends that get together once a month or so..and I love them all to pieces...But we are team green and they are really P!SSING me off with the "im making it so difficult for them to buy gifts" and "i dont like to buy green or yellow"...so last night i finally said "tough SH!T ladies, we want to find out when our baby is born...if you don't want to buy gender neutral then you can wait until the baby is born to buy the baby a gift if you feel so inclined."

May I add that only one has a child and she simply said "your stronger than I was, I had to know as soon as possible"..and she dropped it...Theres lots of things for baby that arent clothes that you can buy that do not have to be gender specific....ok rant over man that felt good!!

BabyFruit Ticker photo dip1004.jpg
  • imagehjk5000:
    Hopefully this doesn't come off as snarky, but I have to laugh at the FTMs who post about other people's kids and discipline. I shouldn't because I know I felt the same way at one point. I'm sure I've said my kid will never act that way. Now when I see other people's
    kids throwing a fit I just start saying my hail mary's and hoping it's not my turn tomorrow.nbsp;

I was the greatest parent in the world until I actually became one. I would get SO annoyed with kids crying in public. Now I'm just grateful when it's not mine doing the crying!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I don't want to go to Christmas lunch by my inlaws because one annoying gossipy extended family member of theirs will be there. The excess saliva thing is still bugging me and I am REALLY embarrassed to have to go to lunch with my spit cup. I feel as though this person will tell everybody..my family and I have had a lot of bad history with this person and I don't feel to share my Christmas with her. I am seriously contemplating making myself throw up and telling DH I don't feel well enough to go with him.

I know I should put on my big girl pants and go but I just don't wanna !!!!

• I haven't gotten my husband anything for Christmas yet, or my baby niece. I sort of don't want to because the thought of going out to the stores right now is mentally overwhelming.
  • The word panties grosses me out. I have goosebumps just from typing it. Ew.

CJ 05/29/2013

• I stopped wearing deodorant about three months ago. My FI hasn't noticed... so I'm going to take that as a sign that I can keep not wearing it.
    imageimage

• imageBacon+lettuce+tomato:
    The word panties grosses me out. I have goosebumps just from typing it. Ew.

Sorry.... I've changed it... just for you ! :)  

• imageMeghanKG:
    imageBaconlettucetomato:
    YES. And the word moist. My husband will always say it and watch me squirm because I hate that word. So much.

I hate the word stool... like when they talk about a stool sample. 

• I have not been sick at all this entire pregnancy. However, I have definitely been pulling the pregnancy card when the garbage needs to be taken out, claiming that "it's making me nauseous!" DH just goes along with it and takes care of the offending smell.
    Sunshine_zps3fcf529f
    BFP #1 on 8/11/12 | natural m/c at 5 weeks
    BFP #2 on 10/20/12 | due 6/28/13 Pregnancy Ticker

Completely agree but not as bad as the word moist. Ugh. I really really hate that word 

image image

• imageMeghanKG:
    imageBaconlettucetomato:
    YES. And the word moist. My husband will always say it and watch me squirm because I hate that word. So much.

I had a friend that hated it too. So, now I giggle and think of her whenever I hear it. Have you ever seen the episode of How I Met Your Mother where Barney puts on a "play" for Lily where he just says the word moist over and over again to torture her? Garsh I love that show...

• imagehjk5000:

Love this!!

Proud babywearing, breastfeeding, vaccinating SAHM of 2U2!
    imageLilypie - (qCSN)Lilypie - (5rzN)imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers

• imageMeghanKG:

WTF?? I'd be pissed... my first thought was change the locks! Then I realized she was on your back porch...

• imageBritt8058:
    imagehjk5000:
    Hopefully this doesn't come off as snarky, but I have to laugh at the FTMs who post about other people's kids and discipline. I shouldn't because I know I felt the same way at one point. I'm sure I've said my kid will never act that way. Now when I see other people's kids throwing a fit I just start saying my hail mary's and hoping it's not my turn tomorrow.nbsp;
    I was the greatest parent in the world until I actually became one. I would get SO annoyed with kids crying in public. Now I'm just grateful when it's not mine doing the crying!

I don't know, I agree and disagree with this.  I will be a FTM, and I totally agree, I have no idea what to expect, I understand when kids cry in the store and things like that.  But I also know, from watching my sister, brother, and their spouses, that I will do things differently.  My sister and brother are much older than me and their kids run wild because all they do to discipline is say "stop that" over and over again.  My husband and I just talked last night about how they need time out, a spanking, any kind of a punishment! 

Married 3/24/12
    #1 Born 6/14/13
    #2 Due 11/1/16

Same here.  Especially when used by/for little girls.  In our house, they're UNDIES!

BFP 2/14/08, DD1 born 10/11/08 (natural); BFP 5/16/10, DD2 born 01/12/11 (c/s, breech)
    TTC #3: BFP 4/27/12, Ectopic 5/16/12 Expectant Management, 8/15/12 Cleared to TTC
    BFP 9/25/12 EDD 6/6/13, Shooting 3-for-3 from the line: It's a Girl
    PgAL/PAL Welcome
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • My DH has been working out of town 5 days a week staying in a hotel. I'm happy he's working but that's where it ends! I'm so tired, sick, work full time 12 hr days and just want a break! 

I work x mas day so my family planned to celebrate the day after at my grandmas an hour away. This am DH breaks it to me that he has to leave as soon as x mas is over to go back to work. I just about cried! Missing x mas with LO and I know it's selfish but now I have to do it all once again! I HATE this and needed to vent! 

Were supposed to have an elective US today or tomorrow and I'm just so angry I might not even go! ( I know I'm over reacting but I need to pout for a bit) 

• It drives me nuts when people use a broad-brush and say "men don't understand" in regards to pregnancy/ women related.   

Quit stereotyping men and letting them get away with being jerks.

• imageStef1210:
    I stopped wearing deodorant about three months ago. My FI hasn't noticed... so I'm going to take that as a sign that I can keep not wearing it.

I never got into wearing deodorant.  My mother didn't - so it wasn't something that I thought about really.  DH was surprised to learn about this when we were dating - but pleasantly so.  He gives me a hard time for my ability to smell good ;-)  I'm just thankful for the awesome microflora I must have on my skin!

BabyFetus Ticker
    DS born 6/2013
  • I'm going to throttle my best friend!! She was supposed to be my MOH, she technically still is for our big vow renewal/reception in a few years. I understand that this New Years wedding plan was completely spontaneous, we decided the first week of December... I understand she had plans to go to NYC for New Years Eve, I have absolutely nothing at all against her... I freaking LOVE NYC this time of year and have never been on NYE and I would NEVER ask her to cancel her plans, NEVER!!! I told her all of this and she's been a complete B the entire time! The first was when I purposely did a late afternoon/evening event so she would be able to make it, but that wasn't good enough because she was pissed that I wasn't moving our date for her. (Seriously? I wouldn't ask her to change her NYC plans but she's asking me to move the date of my flucking wedding!?!) Then it turned into "I'm not going to come unless you invite my friend because she's the one I'm going to NYC with and it would be uncomfortable for me to come without her, and she would be hurt that she wasn't invited." I BARELY KNOW THIS PERSON FFS!!!! Not to mention that she knows that  wedding is small and intimate. Outside of her and her FI, only parents, grandparents and siblings are invited. So fine whatever, I told her no and she said she wasn't coming then and I said that's fine you aren't obligated to. So I asked SIL to be my MOH, stay with me on New Years Eve, help me get ready, she went dress shopping with me and she'll be walking M down the aisle, standing up with me and signing our license as my witness. Well when BF found out she absolutely flipped on me. Then last night she told me they would be coming and asked what the entree choices were... wtf???Oh but if I act even miffed at her she gets all whiny "please don't be mad at me, you know I'm always here for you" mmhhmmmk

I'm sorry that was a total vent but I really really needed to get it out.

Oh I should also add that this friend always has something better to do then go look at dresses or meet with my planner or talk about details. SIL has been dying to be my MOH and she's always right there and ecstatic when I want to talk wedding stuff, so I didn't think having her be my MOH for this wedding and having her and BFF be co-MOHs at our big reception was a big deal?? Was I wrong? Honestly I don't even know if I want BFF to be my BFF anymore, much less my MOH :( AHHHHGGGGGG

• imagerockinwife:

It drives me
    nuts when people use a broadbrush and say "men don't understand" in
    regards to pregnancy/ women related.nbsp;nbsp;nbsp;

Quit
    stereotyping men and letting them get away with being jerks.

Agreed! My husband would never dream of claiming I'm making things up or dramatizing my symptoms.
    BabyFetus Ticker Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • imageLeggyNic:

imageBacon+lettuce+tomato:

Same here.  Especially when used by/for little girls.  In our house, they're UNDIES!

Yes! I agree!! It's underwear to us or undies, but I don't really know what to call them out in public... like in VS or something, I don't feel like those should be called underwear lol

• imageclizh:
    I'm going to throttle my best friend!! She was supposed to be my MOH, she technically still is for our big vow renewal/reception in a few years. I understand that this New Years wedding plan was completely spontaneous, we decided the first week of December... I understand she had plans to go to NYC for New Years Eve, I have absolutely nothing at all against her... I freaking LOVE NYC this time of year and have never been on NYE and I would NEVER ask her to cancel her plans, NEVER!!! I told her all of this and she's been a complete B the entire time! The first was when I purposely did a late afternoon/evening event so she would be able to make it, but that wasn't good enough because she was pissed that I wasn't moving our date for her. Seriously? I wouldn't ask her to change her NYC plans but she's asking me to move the date of my flucking wedding!?! Then it turned into "I'm not going to come unless you invite my friend because she's the one I'm going to NYC with and it would be uncomfortable for me to come without her, and she would be hurt that she wasn't invited." I BARELY KNOW THIS PERSON FFS!!!! Not to mention that she knows thatnbsp; wedding is small and intimate. Outside of her and her FI, only parents, grandparents and siblings are invited. So fine whatever, I told her no and she said she wasn't coming then and I said that's fine you aren't obligated to. So I asked SIL to be my MOH, stay with me on New Years Eve, help me get ready, she went dress shopping with me and she'll be walking M down the aisle, standing up with me and signing our license as my witness. Well when BF found out she absolutely flipped on me. Then last night she told me they would be coming and asked what the entree choices were... wtf???Oh but if I act even miffed at her she gets all whiny "please don't be mad at me, you know I'm always here for you" mmhhmmmkI'm sorry that was a total vent but I really really needed to get it out. nbsp;Oh I should also add that this friend always has something better to do then go look at dresses or meet with my planner or talk about details. SIL has been dying to be my MOH and she's always right there and ecstatic when I want to talk wedding stuff, so I didn't think having her be my MOH for this wedding and having her and BFF be coMOHs at our big reception was a big deal?? Was I wrong? Honestly I don't even know if I want BFF to be my BFF anymore, much less my MOH : AHHHHGGGGGG

It's your wedding. I say go with sil.
    Pg with #2
  • imagehjk5000:

I'm a FTM and as soon as I got married I had the idea that: My kids might not be perfect and I don't know the first thing about parenting. 

So I keep my mouth shut, even if I have an opinion. I literally have no grounds to speak lol

My FFFC: I haven't worked a full day at work since I found out we were PG, but I still report it as I did on my timesheet. ::guilty::

Me and Zech

• imageIrishCoffee7:

My FFFC, I ate a bunch of plain cream cheese this morning.  I was making bacon wrapped jalepenos for a work party and I was starving.  So i just kept cutting off little bits and popping them in my mouth.  Plain.

And then I may have licked the wrapper. 

I do that all the time. LOVE cream cheese. 

Side note - did you guys like the chowder?

CJ 05/29/2013

• I have 6 nieces and nephews. Love them all. But lately I only like 5 of them. 

I'm not new. I just hate The Bump. 

• I LOVE cream cheese!! I often find ways to eat it...plain...just like you! :)
  • Today is my husbands birthday and he took the day off for that reason. He's driving me crazy. He keeps asking me to do things for him "because its my birthday" Yeah his 32nd birthday, you are not a child! On my birthday I had to travel 6 hours by car (one day) to his brothers house for his nieces first birthday party and sleep in a house with 8 other house guests on the floor, with one bathroom all while 10 weeks pregnant (and it was a secret still) with awful m/s. His response was "well I did take you to your favorite dinner" yes, the dinner I couldn't eat because I was so sick. I did watch him eat it though, that was fun.

Also, I've only gained 8 pounds during this pregnancy and I walk for 30 minutes on my treadmill 5 days a week. If he suggests I do pushups one more time I will strangle him. Yes, my arms may get fat- oh well! We can deal with that in July.

I might strangle him today.

PS- I also HATE the words panties, moist, prego, preggers and hate when people say "we are pregnant" and include their partner in the "we"

Mama to Sophie Virginia
    born 5/4/13 at 35 weeks 4 days

• When I was Christmas shopping the other day I bought at least four things for myself that I don't need, and none I them were maternity items. And I didn't tell H.

Also, we are having H's six family members over for Christmas Eve and I'm not cooking a thing. We're putting out frozen apps and a veggie platter and ordering a three foot hero. And eating it off my Christmas china.
    imagePregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"