3rd Trimester

Charlie Horse anyone?:

So with my first child I had charlie horses the third trimester. This time I'm prepared - Lots of water to drink and bananas. Even with this I had a really bad one the other night and now it hurts to walk - Like I pulled the muscle.  It's great waddling and limping at the same time!!  lol

Smile

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Charlie Horse anyone?:

• Sorry but I kind of giggled... 3rd tri can get so ugly! Hope you get some relief and get your sexy walk back soon :
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Doesn't matter what I eat/drink, I get "leg cramps" every night.  Once in a while I'll get a bad Charlie Horse.  And when that happens, I've definitely had soreness like a pulled muscle for a day or two.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I feel ya! I have them sooo bad, especially after working 12 hours.  I drink a ton of water and eat 2 bananas a day.  I get them in my calfs, and bottom of my feet!! ouch!

BFP#1 -3/18/12- M/C 3/31/12,
    BFP#2 -4/25/12, Beta#1 17dpo= 800, Beta#2 20dpo= 3800, Ethan James born 1-5-13

BFP#3- February 2015- natural miscarriage

BFP#4- June 2015- Ruptured ectopic, severe hemorrhage and loss of left tube on 7/10/2015

BFP#5- 12/18/15

• As soon as the cramping starts I relax, get out of bed or whatever and start walking it out. I've noticed it doesn't last as long and the pain after isn't bad at all. Or, if it's a full on uncontrolled one, like when i wake up with it, I point my toes towards my head. It loosens the muscles in my calves. Tongue Tied they're are not fun!
  • Mine were so bad I would scream in my sleep and wake my poor husband up... my doctor suggested drinking milk before bed.  Something about the calcium being fresh in my system was supposed to help and sure enough I haven't had a bad one since.
  • I was getting 2-3/night and started taking Tums 6-7 weeks ago. I've only had a couple since. Good luck!
  • imageKingston54:
    Doesn't matter what I eat/drink, I get "leg cramps" every night.  Once in a while I'll get a bad Charlie Horse.  And when that happens, I've definitely had soreness like a pulled muscle for a day or two.

This is what is happening to me. I never had it with other pregnancies. It sucks! 

• I was a terrible one a few weeks ago. It woke me up and I literally screamed it hurt so bad. My leg was sore for days.
  • Omg I hear you I have them all the time. I had one so bad in my right leg that my calf hurt for a few days & i drink so much water its crazy. But only a few more weeks left thank goodness.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Oh yes ! I know them well. They started a month or two ago and they can be debilitating. Doesnt matter how much I drink. For me, the best thing to do is, when I notice one coming on I get up and walk around. 

Good luck !

• A friend of mine said she was chewing 2 calcium chews before bed (1000 mg total).  I checked with my doc and she said the same thing - I went from having them every night to not having one since!
  • imagebrianabrad:
    I was a terrible one a few weeks ago. It woke me up and I literally screamed it hurt so bad. My leg was sore for days.

This.

I have been chewing Tums before bed due to heartburn and hadn't had one since, maybe that did it.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"