3rd Trimester

not dilated..not happy

I am 39 weeks and 2 days today..not dilated at all..someone tell me a good positive story to take away my discouragement!!!!

Re: not dilated..not happy

• maybe not positive but.......you still have 4 days until you're full term

patience there lady! :)

i wasn't dilated AT ALL until they induced me 10 days over.......... SORRY! no help here 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Just because you're not yet dilated doesn't mean that your body isn't preparing for L&D.  It doesn't mean anything.  Don't let it discourage you.  Just trust that your body is doing what it needs to be doing right now and that labor will start when baby is ready to come. 
    imagephoto 64bf363d-3af0-4dcc-b880-c06326daa418_zps78d8d389.jpg
    *My Blog*
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

photo 0cc607b9-4233-4842-8175-d093f8f92ca8_zps7cc00875.jpg
    10/50 Read

my read shelf:
    Stephanie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Loading the player...
  • imagesbevmc09:
    Just because you're not yet dilated doesn't mean that your body isn't preparing for L&D.  It doesn't mean anything.  Don't let it discourage you.  Just trust that your body is doing what it needs to be doing right now and that labor will start when baby is ready to come. 

This.... I don't even think I was 1 cm by 41 wk 3 days, then they stripped my membranes and boom labor started...

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker Photobucket
  • My best friend had her first baby last month. At all her later appointments she was never dilated or showing any signs of labor coming soon. She went into labor on her own and had her son 3 days before her due date. Baby will come when he/she wants. Like pp said, you still have a few days.
  • It doesn't mean anything - I went from less than a fingertip to fully dilated in less than 4 hours.
  • As PP have said, don't be discouraged, I was high and closed on a Friday and had my first DS on that Sunday. Things can happen very quickly!
  • The day I went into labor with my daughter I was not dilated at all. By that night I was in the hospital and she was born the following morning.  Dilation means nothing really in the long run. You could go from 0 to 10 in no time. I went into labor the day after my DD. 
    Lost but never forgotten <3 : </br> 1st BFP 2/8/06 m/c @ 12 weeks; 2nd BFP 2/9/07 w/ Clomid; DD (Monica Caroline) born 11/16/07; 3rd BFP 3/25/11 w/ injections m/c @ 5 weeks; 4th BFP 8/3/11 w/ injections diagnosed blighted ovum; 5th BFP 1/20/12 m/c @ 9 weeks; 6th BFP 4/27/12 Praying for our rainbow Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • On the flip side, I was 3 cm dilated and 90% effaced last week and my doctor said that she expected I wouldn't make it to my next appointment. Well, a week later I'm 4 cm dilated and 90% effaced and still have a baby in my belly. And having a different doctor say that she thought I would go into labor within a few days was really discouraging because somehow I doubt it!!
  • In my last pregnancy I walked around at 4 cm for well over a week until I was induced (early due to high blood pressure). Being dilated or not is pretty hit or miss as a sign of what is/isn't/may be going on.
    imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I wasn't dialated or effaced at 40 weeks. I went into labor 2 days later...

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagecarteramariec:
    On the flip side, I was 3 cm dilated and 90% effaced last week and my doctor said that she expected I wouldn't make it to my next appointment. Well, a week later I'm 4 cm dilated and 90% effaced and still have a baby in my belly. And having a different doctor say that she thought I would go into labor within a few days was really discouraging because somehow I doubt it!!

I'm in a similar boat, although not as dilated or effaced (2-3cm and 60-70%). My doctor kept telling me she was sure I wouldn't see my due date... well, I'm due Monday and still pregnant. Not only that, but baby was at -1 station last week and now is -3 (moving in the wrong direction).

• I was not dilated at all until I went into labor both times; almost 42 weeks with DS1, almost 40 weeks with DS2.
  • I know people who walked around 2-3 cm dilated for weeks and had to be induced.  I also know other people who were not dilated at all and then suddenly went into  labor!  Don't distress :)
  • ditto everyone don't be discouraged. This is why I have been refusing cervix checks. No reason to get myself all hot and bothering for now reason. It will happen I promise Smile
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers image
  • imageMollusksWrangler:
    My cervix was high and closed I had my daughter 3 days later. The checks mean very little.

This was me with dd1. Of course 50 hrs of 3-5min ctx do make for one tired mama. My cervix did not want to budge.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • With my first child I was dilated to 5cm, 50% effaced, and having contractions every 1-3 minutes for 3 weeks before he came.  I had 5 OB's and 10 L and D nurses tell me during those three weeks that I wouldn't be pregnant for more than 24 hours after they saw me.  I had friends go from 0 dilation to baby in a matter of hours.  Dilation means squat.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Try not to stress, it doesn't mean much.  With DS1 I was fingertip on a Monday, that Saturday I lost my MP, water broke, and contractions started all simultaneously.  With my twins I went into PTL at 32w4d, was 2cm dilated, even when I came off of bedrest, I stayed 2cm and was still 2cm when I went in for my scheduled c/s at 38w.

GSx1 - 05/13/2013
    GSx2 for T&B - EDD 6/21/2015 - They're having a GIRL!

babybaby
    BabyGaga
  • Don't feel bad hun, I've only been 1cm for the last two months.
    I'm having to be induced this Sunday night because my body just can't dilate by itself anymore!
    I felt like I failed to the extreme when I found out my body can't dilate further than 1cm without assistance.
    But I figure, it is what it is and my baby girl will come here safely either way :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"