April 2012 Moms

What flow nipple are you using?

We are still on med flow. But was considering moving her up to fast...

Re: What flow nipple are you using?

• We have the Tomme Tippee... He only uses a bottle at Daycare.  I just realized the other day he is still on the level one, but he seems fine with it, and the DCPs haven't mentioned any problems.  I read that moving them to a faster flow can interfere with them wanting to work at the breast, so I'm leaving it for now.  He takes three 5 to 6 ounce bottles while I am away with no issue.
  • we use the playtex ones from walmart and we are still on slow flow.  I feel like if she has to suck harder to get the milk she will nurse better.  but I have been wondering if she would be happier moving up to mediium.  I think we are going to stop nursing soon, we mainly only nurse 2 times a day.
    Aug 15 April Siggy challenge: Baby Shower fails:

BabyFetus Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Tomme Tippee Level 1. I'm going to keep it there bc he's fine with it. I'm not breast feeding, but if I was, my flow doesn't get faster or wider, haha
    TTC#2: 8/17/14 // BFP: 9/5/14

TTC#1: 7/30/11 // BFP: 8/22/11
    DS: Carson Robert 4/29/12

• We use medium flow...I was unaware that there is a fast.  My DD was getting really frustrated with the slow flow, so medium is where we ended up!  Probably won't move to fast, just because it is expensive and we are probably nearing the end of bottle feeding.  She does really well with the sippy cup, so I guess that will be our next step.  I don't even know if that is "right" but it seems logical to me.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We had to move to a level 2/medium flow at around 2 or 3 months because he SCREAMED at the bottle for going too slow. I was afraid it would screw up his desire to nurse, but he still prefers the breast. He's been doing fine with that, so we don't plan to increase him, since we're going to have to get him off a bottle soon anyway. He takes a little while to eat, but only because he's so easily distracted.
    Micah Leonard
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • I think we are on level 3, but I'll have to look tonight.

• We're using fast flow. I didnt bother with the medium flow and if DD hadnt self-weaned at 7 months, I would have kept going with the slow flow nips.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Avent level 2/medium flow she seems to be fine with this flow.
  • We are on medium. Medela nipples don't have fast.

• Level 1 for Born free _I need to up to level 2....just haven't done it yet.

Level 2 for Dr. Browns

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • We use playtex bottles and have been using fast flow for months now, due to Nate's complaining. Once we got the faster nipple, he stopped fussing while eating.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"