November 2012 Moms

One theory...

I would make a CP for this but I'm on mobile.
While we were at the hospital Hallie was upset one night and DH was bouncing her around so we were telling the nurse that Hallie has to constantly be moved to be happy. The nurse asked if I worked while pregnant. I said yes and she asked where. I told her...I'm a dance/cheer/gymnastics coach. Her theory was that if you're constantly moving while pregnant, you'll have a baby who wants to constantly be bounced around but say you worked a desk job, your baby would be content sitting still.

Is this true for you/your LO?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: One theory...

• I'm a SAHW so during my pregnancy I did not work. D loves to be rocked, bounced and held.  The fastest way to soothe him is to walk laps around the house.  He seems to get bored if you just stand still or lay him down. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Not really. I had a desk job with dd1 and she needed to be bounced and moved. I only worked out an hour a day, four times a week. Dd2 needs movement far less, I sah now but ran around a lot with my toddler.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Loading the player...
  • I worked during my first pregnancy, and he was content to lounge around. My second, I was a SAHM, and she had to move. My third seems as content as my first to just chill.
  • Not for me.  

I worked all the way up to the end, even when I was overdue, as a Pre-K teacher (so I never sat) and DS2 is very content still.  With DS1 I worked with first graders, and he was born on summer break, so I had more time to sit and lounge, and he needed constant movement. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • with dd i worked at a bank, i wasnt very active there. i was also put on bedrest. dd is/was the most active child. she is kinetic energy lol

with ds i was working part time at an office supply store in their printing department, i was always moving. then i was put on bedrest. he is just too content to chill out in his bassinet or bouncy seat. lets see what hes like as a toddler though lol 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers       AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"