2nd Trimester
Options

3d/4d U/S

I'm set to get my 3d u/s on Saturday, and I'm 14 weeks. I've read a lot of reviews on the place we are going to and they are all good. We're hoping to find out the sex of our little one. We know it's a little early still, but they told us they do 14 weekers all the time and 99% of the time they are correct. Has anyone had a 3d/4d u/s this early? Was the gender prediction correct?? 

Re: 3d/4d U/S

• Options

My husband was deploying so we did an elective early ultrasound. I was 14 weeks 4 days. They could definitely tell we were having a baby boy :) As of last appointment, he was still boy lol. I've known a lot of people who got an early gender ultrasound (14 weeks) and it was accurate. 

Good Luck!! Hope your baby cooperates :)

Edit:I should let you know ours was just a 2d....

• Options
    Thanks so much!! I'm just a little nervous to find out and then it change, so hearing that helps. By the way, thank you for what your family does for our country. I can't imagine having to be pregnant without my husband. I sooooo appreciate the sacrifices you and your family make to keep the rest of us safe. Congrats on your boy!! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

You are very welcome! I felt the same way :) I bought a bunch of baby clothes, but keep the receipt just in case lol. During my NT screen around 13 weeks, we tried to check the gender then. My doctor said at this stage, they normally can distinguish between boy/girl parts. But he had his legs crossed lol. It's amazing what technology can do now a days!!

Thank you so much!!! It's actually making the deployment go fast :) Each week I get to see my bump grow, plus its one week closer to him coming home :)

• Options
    Why spend money on an ultrasound at 14 weeks when if you just wait at least 5 more weeks your baby will be more developed and look more human??
    TTC since May 2012; BFP July 31st, 2012; EDD April 13th, 2013 BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    14w is very early.  They may be able to tell, they may not.  But one thing is for certain, 3d u/s pictures at 14w arent going to be of the "cute squishy baby" variety.  I'd wait, but whatever floats your boat.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I just posted this in another thread...

A good tech with good equipment can almost always predict the correct gender early. My tech at my OB said that she tells people the gender all the time at 14 weeks - which is when I found out this LO is a boy at an elective u/s place. I knew several people who had gone there and got accurate results so I felt really confident.

The angle of the dangle is a real thing, though, but is mostly used from profile shots. If the nub is parallel with the spine - girl, if it curves up - boy. To someone just looking at an u/s a 14 week baby will look like it has boy parts from most angles except the potty shot, though, which would show 3 lines for a girl and a turtle for a boy.

Also, they don't usually determine the gender in 3d/4d. Mine was done in 2d. They did a little of the baby in 3d, but I don't like 3d that early - or even in general for that matter.
    Brady (7.15.10) and Nolan (5.11.13)
  • Options
    I had a 2D at 14 weeks and was told it was a girl. I have had 3 other ultrasounds since then and its still a girl.
  • Options
    I had mine done at 16w1d the earliest they did was 14w so I mean I guess people do them that early.
  • Options

A lot of people will tell you that it's just a guess, or bring up "the angle of the dangle." Either way, I had a 3d/4d at 14 weeks, and they guarantee that the correct sex is given, or your money is refunded. If they can't confidently say the sex, they will reschedule another u/s, free of charge; so, really, I didn't feel like I was losing anything either time I went.

FIrst was at 16 weeks, and was told boy. I now have a DS.

Second was at 14 weeks, and I was told boy. I have since had that confirmed in the 3+ ultrasounds that I have had since then.

No matter what you are told, please hold off on purchasing anything pink/blue until you've had it confirmed on your a/s, or even later. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagesourpatchkids:
    I just posted this in another thread...

A good tech with good equipment can almost always predict the correct gender early. My tech at my OB said that she tells people the gender all the time at 14 weeks - which is when I found out this LO is a boy at an elective u/s place. I knew several people who had gone there and got accurate results so I felt really confident.

Also, they don't usually determine the gender in 3d/4d. Mine was done in 2d. They did a little of the baby in 3d, but I don't like 3d that early - or even in general for that matter.

Yes  A close friend of mine did a sex determination at 15 weeks as a gift. She's been doing it for years & has a strong reputation for being accurate (as early as 13 weeks). My a/s is on Jan 7th & I'm still pretty confident the doctor will see boy parts too. Just sharing my experience.

TTC#1 Oct 2010
    DS born May 2013
    TFAS Feb 2016
    EDD 07/29/2017
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    The 3D/4D ultrasound place by me wouldn't do 3D/4D that early.. only 2D. I'm surprised they would have you come in for a 3D/4D so early and probably would be a bit skeptical.
    My Blog: Say Lucky Pregnancy Ticker image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageSagen:

Why not to have an US in the 14th week, by a ultrasound tech...

https://in-gender.com/cs/forums/t/63438.aspx

I've seen that thread before. Honestly, I could tell by that scan that it was a girl. Both genders will look like boys to untrained eyes from all angles, except for the potty shot. It's the tell-all shot. If they get a good profile, they can also determine the gender from whether or not the nub is parallel with the spine or not.

Brady (7.15.10) and Nolan (5.11.13)
  • Options
    imageAlpine Engaged:

I had a 3d/4d ultrasound at 14 ? weeks and yes the tech was right as confirmed at our a/s. It was an amazing experience! One tip I received was to drink something cold before the appointment. I had a slurpie and baby was nice and active and we were able to get lots of shots of his goods! Good Luck!

Agree! They told me to drink something VERY cold to wake them up :) My little nugget sleep through two glasses of orange juice lol. I had to wake him up by jumping, poking and her poking him around. Finally he stretched his little legs and spread them wide open lol :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"