June 2013 Moms

Whatcha calling yourself?

Are you mom? Momma? Mommy?

Is your H dad? Daddy? Papa?

I'm just plain ole mom but H is called Papa :
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Whatcha calling yourself?

• DH was Dada and now he's Daddy. I was Mama but now I'm Mommy though DS did go through a phase where I was Mom.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Well for me all of the above. DS calls me Mom or Mama mostly, if he deigns to call me anything, some other BTDTM probably know what I'm talking about.

DH is Dad, once in a while he calls him Daddy. 

PCOS Dx 12.08 / BFP! 4.22.10 DS1 born 1.4.11 DS2 born 6.19.13
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • We're Mommy and Daddy. Occasionally DS has said Mom or Dad and it just sounds weird. DS went through a phase where he called me Honey Princess. I was cool wth that.

I still call my parents either Mommy/Mama and Daddy though.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

TTC Baby Rob #1 05/07, BFP 06/07, EDD 02/22/08, Baby Jackaroo born via c-section after 22 hours of labor on 02/27/08
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    TTC Baby Rob #2 06/11 BFP 11/06/11 EDD 07/16/12 Natural M/C 11/25/11 @ 6w3d
    Baby Rob #2 (Sloane), in our hearts always.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Here comes Baby Rob #3
     BFP on Cycle 17 09/27/12. EDD 06/04/12! Please Stick Baby! A/S 01/22/13 Baby looking great. Officially TEAM BLUE! Jack is getting a Baby Brother! RCS scheduled for 05/29/13. William Daryll born at 9:59am on 05/29/13. Left ovary and tube removed due to peach sized tumor found during RCS. Pathology came back benign!

• Mama or just like PP said Maaaaaammmmaaaaa comes into play when she's cranky or mommommommommommom when she's being goofy.

FI is daddy but also takes similar forms as my "mama" when M's being cranky and goofy.

Proud babywearing, breastfeeding, vaccinating SAHM of 2U2!
    imageLilypie - (qCSN)Lilypie - (5rzN)imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers

• I hope to be Mama, and my partner wants to be Dad. I refer to him as Pop-Pop already, when talking about our pets, and I hope baby picks up on that and it wins out. (Although I can't wait to hear our child call him Daddy.)
    photo AlbumsWideColorBump_zps1797df63.jpg

We lost our first (EDD 07/23/12) after finding out at 12 weeks there was no longer a heartbeat. Our rainbow was born 05/22/13 and was worth all we went through.

“So can you understand? Why I want a daughter while I’m still young? I wanna hold her hand and show her some beauty before all this damage is done. But if it’s too much to ask, it’s too much to ask … Then send me a son.” – Arcade Fire
  • DS1 calls me "mama" and calls dh "Dada" or mg favorite "Da" because he uses the same tone he would use if he was trying to startle someone when he says it.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • My Little girl (Not so little, as she will be 7!) Still calls me Mama to this day, I think it is so sweet and I hope she does forever, although I am sure one day I will just be Mom.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Mama. There was a monthish where DS picked up on DH calling me by my first name and did that. I hated it, lol. I dread the day when he calls me mom instead of mama, my first name was just not acceptable!

He calls DH Dada, on the rare occasion he will say Daddy.

• We go by Mama and Daddy. I wish I can be called Mama my whole life, but alas, I'm sure he'll stop soon. DH's aunt pissed me off the other day when she corrects her 4 year old preschool class from saying "my mama" to "my mom/mommy" What does it matter to her what the children call their parents? 

Proud Mama to Mickey (12.03.09) and Nemo (06.06.13)

• FTM here, so I'm not sure exactly what I'm hoping for as a name for me by my LO.  I can't wait to find out what LO will call my parents and grandparents.  I have never stopped calling my grandfathers by the name I gave them when I was small.  Maternal grandfather is always "Old Papa" and paternal grandfather is always "Blue Papa" (because of his shirt.  He was always fun and I always remember a smile on his face).  And only recently went from "Grandma in the little house" or "Grandma in the big house" to "Grandma __name___. I just think that forcing a kid into a specific name for anyone is kinda mean and stunting thier creativity. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I will be Mama/Mommy.  SSs refer to me as "mama" when they are talking to the dogs.  DH will be Dad/Daddy.
    together since 2006
    full time stepmom to SS1 and SS2 since 2010
    married since 2011

TTC since 7/2011 (no planned bc since 2008)
    HSG 11/2011: one blocked tube
    S/A 2/2012 and retest S/A 3/2012: normal
    Bloodwork: normal
    2nd HSG 5/2012: clear
    Femara cycle 5mg #1 7/14/12 + IUI #1 7/23/12 = bfn
    New RE appt 8/14/12
    IVF #1 meds 8/30/12. ER 9/14/2012: 7 retrieved, 6 fertilized. ET 9/19/12: 1 perfect embryo 5dt.
    Beta #1 BFP! 97
    Beta #2 234
    Beta #3 4937
    ultrasound #1 heart beat 127
    10/20/12 graduated!!!
    EDD 6/7/12
    Team PINK!!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Dada and Mama right now.  I'm sure when she gets older Daddy and Mommy then Dad and Mom. 
  • We are mama and daddy. Sometimes DD will call DH honey after she hears me say it.

We still call our parents mama and daddy, so I hope our children do the same thing. I don't want to be called mom. I love hearing my DH call his mother mama.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • We'll probably stick with Mommy/Mama and Daddy. Though for a while I considered teaching him to address me as "Kristen, Princess of the Universe" but it seemed too long. 

I'm not new. I just hate The Bump. 

• imageDumbledore:

Mama. There was a monthish where DS picked up on DH calling me by my first name and did that. I hated it, lol. I dread the day when he calls me mom instead of mama, my first name was just not acceptable!

My nephew did this to my SIL. We were at dinner and he just said, "Hey, <name>, can you pass the rolls?" And he was like 4... weird. My SIL put a prompt stop to that :) 

I'm not new. I just hate The Bump. 

• DD calls me Mama in this sweet little voice, I love it!  And she calls DH Dada, which recently sometimes sounds like it's evolving into Daddy. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • imagejessiegirl10.18:
    imageDumbledore:

Mama. There was a monthish where DS picked up on DH calling me by my first name and did that. I hated it, lol. I dread the day when he calls me mom instead of mama, my first name was just not acceptable!

Ugh, I hate that too!  If C hears DH call me Jess, she'll say Jess and laugh.  She doesn't normally do it on her own though, just in response to her dad doing it.

Same here, it's just when he hears DH say it. He hasn't done it in a while though, thankfully. I just ignored him whenever he did it and as soon as he said mama instead I answered, so he figured out quickly that it wasn't going to fly :-P Oh and I'm Jess too ;)

• Mostly, we are mommy and daddy. Sometimes I am mom and DH is dada but not much.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"