August 2011 Moms

Turn for the worse

Lincoln has taken a turn for the worse. No food for over 24 hours, will no longer accept liquids and is vomiting bile. Going for IV liquids at 10. I ha e never seen him this lethargicextremely scary.
imageimage

Re: Turn for the worse

• Oh my - Poor Lincoln. Sounds like one really nasty stomach bug. I hope the IV helps and that he is back on his feet soon - And then I hope he doesn't get sick again for a looooooong time.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersimage
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    Farewell, nesticle, you will be missed
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Oh no, I'm so sorry he's not doing well.  DD is just getting over a stomach virus and it was really scary when we couldn't get her to eat or drink anything.  Hoping the IV liquids do the trick, good luck. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Poor Lincoln! Oh wow... I hope he's feeling better soon. That's terrible.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm so sorry! Sending get better vibes to Lincoln!!!
  • PLEASE keep us updated as you can.  We'll be thinking of Linc!!

Hopefully, he'll be hydrated and back to his usual antics soon...  :( 

Prudence
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Otis
     Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Hank 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • You guys are all so sweet, thank you!

We are trying Zofran for a couple of hours to avoid the trauma of an IV.
    imageimage
  • I haven't been very active on this board since early pregnancy but still try to follow when I can:

I'm thinking of you and Lincoln and hoping the Zofran works - we just had an IV in our son for an allergic reaction and it sucks - not sure if he's had one before (I know that's not encouraging but I want to be honest). However, the hosptial and I'm assuming most do a really good job of trying to make them comfortable with it. I was worried he would claw at it but he was feeling so poorly he didn't bother it. So scary when they are sick..

Lots of good vibes coming your way.

• Oh no. We hope L feels better soon.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Well, Lincoln drank 1/2 an ounce and also nursed for almost 5 minutes and kept it down. I was able to put him to sleep in his own bed instead of my arms so I consider it an improvement. Thank you again everyone for the well wishes. It is very scary to see him this lethargic. I'm praying for a wet diaper and speedy recovery! We got some tylenol suppositories because his fever is still raging and I didn't want him to barf it up.  
    imageimage
  • Thanks for the update.

I'm glad he's keeping something down. Hopefully that means he'll be back to his old self soon.

FWIW, DD2 gets SUPER lethargic when she has a stomach bug. It scared me so much the first time I took her straight to the ER, and even the triage nurse felt she was in bad enough shape to give her high priority. I'm used to it now, but it still scares me and breaks my heart every time it happens. 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersimage
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    Farewell, nesticle, you will be missed
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Oh no! Hope he gets better soon!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Thinking of you!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Zofran works wonders! DD got a stomach bug a couple weeks ago and we went to the ER because she hasn't had a wet diaper in 24 hours and couldn't keep anything down. After Zofran, Gatorade and a long sleep she was doing much better! Hopefully the same will happen for Lincoln too!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Hope he is feeling better, we just went through a stomach bug and its horrible.

Owyn Russell - August 10, 2011

Lily Ann - March 22, 2016
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"