2nd Trimester
Options

"So when are you due?"

I haven't told my work yet that I'm pg.  I'm waiting until the 2nd week of Jan. at our team mtg when my manager will be back from vacation.. 

So I'm in the bathroom just now & this lady says "So when are you due?"  Indifferent

I'm like 'how did you know?', then she says "It's obvious - I think everyone knows".  I hope everyone doesn't 'know'!!!  it's prob. due to the sweater I'm wearing today - but honestly I don't think I'm showing that much yet - still just looks like a blub..

Oh well - if they suspect it what can I do?  I would've told at 12 wks but I decided to wait b/c I heard about a co-worker's wife who had a m/c at 12 wks, and then another story like that - it scared me into waiting longer...

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: "So when are you due?"

• Options

Totally rude of her to have asked before you announced.  I'm guessing what she's seeing at your point is bloat, not baby, so what she's commenting on is esp. rude.

I would have just looked at her and walked away.

Nobody's business at this point.  You tell when you're ready and no sooner.  GL!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    imageSpacebunny19:

Totally rude of her to have asked before you announced.  I'm guessing what she's seeing at your point is bloat, not baby, so what she's commenting on is esp. rude.

I would have just looked at her and walked away.

Nobody's business at this point.  You tell when you're ready and no sooner.  GL!

Yes - it is bloat - not a nice round bump yet..  This lady is very direct, but just the way she said 'well everybody knows' makes it sounds like they're talking about it.  =(   not cool

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    image2010Bride2be:

There's nothing you can do. Let them suspect. Honestly, it's none of their business. You're telling your manager when they are back from vacation. No one else requires an explanation or announcement.

Agree!  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    That woman's horribly rude. You don't have to announce until you're ready. Until then, let "everyone" suspect it or think what they want.
    It was a rough road, but Arlo Daniel was born April 1, 2013—and our second rainbow is due October 12, 2014.
  • Options
    I would have said "well, that's rude!" And left.

BFP#1 "Watermelon" born 3/2011
    BFP#2 "Pumpkin" 7/14/12 ~ EDD 3/23/13 ~ Natural M/C 8/3/12 @ 7 weeks
    BFP#3 "Pineapple"  born 4/2013
    BFP#4 "Grapefruit" EDD 3/29/16
  • Options
    Ugh some people have like no tact at all. What does it matter to her at all. I totally understand your reason for waiting and she shouldn't make it sound like the whole office talks about it at coffee break when you go to the bathroom. Its not like you have a huge bump thats obvoius. geesh...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

The correct answer was:

1) 9 months after I conceive, like, duh!

or

2) Actually I'm in labor right now. The baby's daddy is a bean and cheese burrito from Taco Bell and it's go time! 

"What are you having?" "Well the radiologist says its a healthy little human baby. I'm a little disappointed, because I really wanted a puppy." LOL
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"