April 2012 Moms
Options

hello ladies!

It's been a long time! 

Evie will be 9 months on Saturday!  I cannot believe how big all our babies have gotten!   She is currently working on her third tooth, and so far teething is not so bad, she's just been a little more needy than she usually is ;)

I have a question for you ladies.....we have her 9month check in a couple weeks, and I've mentioned this before at her last visit, but Evie is only drinking 3-4 oz bottles still.  She's always been a "snacker" but I worry she's not drinking enough.  Her output is good, but she will drink about 16-18oz in a day on average.  I find this low.  She seems to be growing just fine, and seems healthy all around.  I thought for sure by now she should be drinking at least 6oz per feeding.  What do you think?  Oh, and she's on formula for the day, and we BF at night.  I don't pump anymore and I probably produce enough milk for only 2 of her feedings before I'm empty (6oz).

Other than that, she's doing well.  We are getting ready for crawling, and she's starting to pull herself up on things to stand.  Waving bye bye, and mimicking sounds like, "ni ni" for bedtime...."dada" for dad.  All around she is a happy baby!  She never ended up rolling, but likes to sit up and scoot herself around by pushing on the floor with her legs.  She gets across the room somehow with this scoot she does. 

I hope you all are doing well, and hope you all have fantastic first holiday's!  I hope to be around more often because I miss you all!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: hello ladies!

• Options

Micah is EBF and has never had more than 4oz in a bottle. In fact, he's starting to leave some leftover at daycare. At his 9mo checkup this week, the doctor wasn't surprised and said that he's going to start taking less, not more, with the increase in solids.

How often is she getting solids? I'm not sure when the plateau is, but I'm pretty sure we're past it now and are working on reducing milk intake. 

Micah Leonard
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    I personally thinks that amount is fine. I want to say the pedi stated babies should be drinking about 18-20 oz. Mine gets about 18-20 oz and is 20lbs even, but she loves to eat finger foods now. I would try not to worry about it.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    E takes 3 oz and is EBF. She is almost 21 lbs and eats an average amount of solids.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket
  • Options

Glad to hear from you!  I guess my LO is a chow hound.  She averages anywhere from 22 -28 oz. of formula a day and on top of that she eats anywhere from 3-4 jars of baby food too.  She LOVES food.  She also beggs for my food too.  She loves mashed potatoes, bread, and my homemade mac & chees.

Her 9 mo checkup isn't til mid-January, but I believe she is right around 20lbs.....she is already in 12 month clothing.  She's a speed crawler too, so I think because she is so active, she really needs her food.

I have to say, she is a totally different baby then our 1st.  Our first was A LOT smaller and was not a big eater, so I welcome this.  Good luck, she is a doll.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Hiya! hope you are well!

The boys were getting 3 7oz btl and a 8oz btl plus 4oz puree. 3x a day. Then last wknd they started going 5-6hrs between btl and we had to drop the last btl (and nap) since there weren't enough awake hours.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

My DS drinks 5, 5-6oz bottles a day but DD only drinks 5, 4oz bottles a day.  She gets a max of 20oz of BM eats most of her 3 meals and doctor is ok with that.  They are 9 months next week, DD is maybe 14lbs and DS close to 20lbs. 

I think your DD is fine, like you said she's doing well, moving forward in her milestones and

Happy Holidays to you too :)

• Options
    Hi pretty lady!  Nice to hear from you!  I want to see a new picture of Evelyn!  Hope you and your family have a wonderful holiday!
  • Options

I asked my pedi about this a couple months ago. I was told that with a diet of 2 solid meals a day, DD should be consuming a bare minimum of 18oz/day but 24-36oz is the pedi preferred amount. However, that said if LO is wetting enough, growing properly, sttn and is happy, then I wouldnt worry about it. Every baby is different and they know what they need.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Thanks for all the input ladies!  Evelyn loves to eat solids!  She's been eating 2-3 jars of baby food a day, and I even give her little nibbles of what I eat as well.  I will bring it up at her next appt, but won't worry until then since she's doing so well. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"