June 2013 Moms

Another DD?

Dang...  I never got to hear her explain how Facebook was so legit... Oh well....

TTC since 03/2011
BFP#1 spontaneous conception! 4/28/12 natural MC on 5/9/12
IUI#1 with clomid and trigger on 9/12/12
BFP#2 on 9/26/12 EDD 6/5/13
Beta #1 143 14dpo Beta #2 343 16dpo Beta #3 920 18dpo
Please, Please, Please stick baby!

Baby Mackenzie born 5/28/2013!

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Another DD?

• imagesheacox:
    Dang...  I never got to hear her explain how Facebook was so legit... Oh well....

Ha!

I was just about to post a rather nice reply, too.

FB creeps me out. If it wasn't my only contact with 90% of my friends, I'd delete my page in a heartbeat.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Is the one that posted about the facebook group thing!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Oooo - look I still have part of the post since I had my reply open in a separate window: 

imageladybuggrl9802:
    Wow! Sorry I asked. I actually would feel better in a private Facebook group because on these boards you don't know if somebody responding to your posts is a man or creep. At least on Facebook you can see that there is a legit person behind the post.

• imageladybuggrl9802:
    Why would I even try to explain anything to you guys. Yes,it was my first time posting but that doesn't make me a freak. I had a subchorianic hematoma that was threatening my pregnancy and I didn't want to come on here before and jinx myself when I was told that I may miscarry. I finally had an ultrasound yesterday that showed it was gone so I cn finally feel comfortable with my pregnancy. Obviously this board is not for me because I find it appalling that you ladies jump all over somebody the way that you did.

Well, how do we know (in your own words) that you're not a man or a creep? This has been a really touchy subject on here, and a number of us are a bit protective.

Here's my reply to you that I didn't get a chance to post because you DD'ed (and I think it was rather rational, even if skeptical):

People make fake FB pages all the time. I've actually stopped posting in my other BMB FB group as much because it's my real name, photo, etc...and because FB keeps making it less private.

And seriously - it's really creepy that your first post was asking to join an FB group. No offense (if you're for real), but I wouldn't want to be a part of a FB group that allowed first-time posters to join. We "know" you even less than we "know" those who have been posting on here since September. Hence the snarky replies. We're actually a pretty low-drama group.

• You guys are forgetting she is in law enforcement and knows Facebook is legit! How could you not trust her?!

TTC since 03/2011

BabyFruit Ticker

• imageladybuggrl9802:
    If you read what I wrote a few posts up you will see why I haven't posted. Like I said, I had a pretty bad subchorianic hematoma. I didn't want to post and then have to come back to tell everybody I miscarried. Sorry if I haven't been active but I would hope people would understand why. I'm also due June 30 so I'm not as far along as other June moms are.

It's late...it gets slow and the snark comes out.

But again, you yourself asked how you would know if people weren't men or creeps. Aren't we allowed the same skepticism?

Hang around awhile. We're nice people. There are other boards to try out if you don't like us....but (in case you consider it because of your due date) I would avoid July 2013. They have drama quite often.

• imageladybuggrl9802:
    I can't believe you keep on making fun of me. I don't really need to prove anything to you guys. If you don't believe what I say then that's fine.

im truly not trying to make fun of you. I can't believe someone who says they are in law enforcement and in the same breathe says Facebook is legit and only real people are on there.... I'm sure I'm not the only one... But hey it's only my view, who knows?

TTC since 03/2011

BabyFruit Ticker

• imagesheacox:

imageladybuggrl9802:
    I can't believe you keep on making fun of me. I don't really need to prove anything to you guys. If you don't believe what I say then that's fine.

im truly not trying to make fun of you. I can't believe someone who says they are in law enforcement and in the same breathe says Facebook is legit and only real people are on there.... I'm sure I'm not the only one... But hey it's only my view, who knows?

I also find that part strange, but I'm in a good mood tonight and am giving her the benefit of the doubt.

• imageladybugpjb:
    imagesheacox:

imageladybuggrl9802:

I also find that part strange, but I'm in a good mood tonight and am giving her the benefit of the doubt.

i just let your evening cheer rub off on me too! :) I reminded myself how the person in front of me at Starbucks paid for my drink and I passed it on... Christmas cheer! I love that! 

TTC since 03/2011

BabyFruit Ticker

• imageladybuggrl9802:
    If you read what I wrote a few posts up you will see why I haven't posted. Like I said, I had a pretty bad subchorianic hematoma. I didn't want to post and then have to come back to tell everybody I miscarried. Sorry if I haven't been active but I would hope people would understand why. I'm also due June 30 so I'm not as far along as other June moms are.

Also (in case you're still lurking), there were many ladies on here who had to come back and say they miscarried, and others who have been scared that they might miscarry. I'm completely ignorant of what a subchorionic hematoma is or how it would affect pregnancy, and I'm glad that you made it through the scary part.

The FB thing is really touchy for many on here, so you happened to choose a really bad topic for your first post.

• imageladybuggrl9802:
    When you are in Facebook groups as I am for my February 2011 birth group the people in the group don't have acess to your profile unless you are friends with them. I don't even think you can see my location or anything about me except for my picture as my profile is private. I would never divulge personal information about myself unless I was completely comfortable with the ladies in the group and I have actually become good friends with a few of them. Like I said, I like Facebook groups because people seem to have a bit more respect for one another. I came on her posting becUse I thought that there was a group already established that I could join. I really wasn't expecting the crude remarks that I got.

the ladies on here are actual very supporting of each other. But especially at the early stages we really value our privacy... When the first thing you ask is to join the Facebook group it throws up red flags... However I'm in the giving and happy mood, like the previous poster said, and lets start over! Welcome to the group... Later on we might do a fb but not for awhile, like third trimester. Hang around till then.... :)

TTC since 03/2011

BabyFruit Ticker

• imageladybuggrl9802:
    Maybe you ladies should be more respectful of people. There are more tact ways to address an issue without making a person feel like garbage. I have thick skin and have been called every name in the book by people that I've apprehended but I can tell you that it made me upset to be verbally attacked by fellow pregnant ladies. All I was doing was looking for some support throughout my pregnancy.

if you think you were verbally attacked here (which you weren't) don't go by first trimester... They will eat you alive... 

TTC since 03/2011

BabyFruit Ticker

• imageladybuggrl9802:
    When you are in Facebook groups as I am for my February 2011 birth group the people in the group don't have acess to your profile unless you are friends with them. I don't even think you can see my location or anything about me except for my picture as my profile is private. I would never divulge personal information about myself unless I was completely comfortable with the ladies in the group and I have actually become good friends with a few of them. Like I said, I like Facebook groups because people seem to have a bit more respect for one another. I came on her posting becUse I thought that there was a group already established that I could join. I really wasn't expecting the crude remarks that I got.

Ok...last response because I have to go to bed.

FB is always changing things. I don't trust it at all. Who knows what they'll change with privacy settings in the future, and how do you know if everyone on there is legit? You really don't.

I'm glad you've had a good experience on your BMB FB group, but we had SERIOUS drama on mine that led to a serious split and serious mistrust, and involved some members wanting to seek legal action against another member. (They didn't and it turned out there wasn't a need, but we had weeks and weeks of crazy drama.) So...yeah. FB groups are great!

Good night and GL.

• imageladybuggrl9802:
    Maybe you ladies should be more respectful of people. There are more tact ways to address an issue without making a person feel like garbage. I have thick skin and have been called every name in the book by people that I've apprehended but I can tell you that it made me upset to be verbally attacked by fellow pregnant ladies. All I was doing was looking for some support throughout my pregnancy.

OMG. Now you called out my snark.

I was 99% nice to you except for re-posting part of your post that you deleted...but deleting posts is a really bad thing around here and you called that on yourself. And really, how do I know you're not a man or a creep or someone just trying to stir up drama? I've given you the benefit of the doubt in all of my posts.

There have basically been two of us responding, so therefore you included ME in your "you ladies" - thanks for letting me know I wasted my time being nice and trying explain why you got the replies you did. Any snark you read into my comments was of your own interpretation.

I posted comments of support, but I guess you've got your panties in such a wad that you're intent on reading meanness and snark into every reply.

• imageladybuggrl9802:
    Having never posted before in this forum I wasn't aware that deleting comments was so taboo. I appreciate your comments and information that you provided me and was referring to posts made to my original post by a few people. I don't understand why addressing you guys as ladies is so bad?? To answer your question, no, I'm not a drama queen and that is why I'm taken aback by some of these responses.

Well, since you so kindly deleted your other post, I can't refer back to that one to see that anyone other than sheacox and I (the only two who posted multiple comments on THIS post) would be included in your accusation on THIS post of people being disrespectful. Clearly, by the lack of replies from others who posted in the original thread, they have all either all gone to bed or are sitting back watching the drama unfold and have no idea that you chose to chastise them in a thread that they didn't even particpate in.

It's late. We're pregnant. We're hormonal. Group hug, and let's all get some sleep. I promise - we really aren't mean. FB is just a really touchy subject.

• Your in law enforcement and didn't know you shouldn't post your real name on the Internet the first night you post on a forum? Do you see how this is HARD to believe? 

TTC since 03/2011

BabyFruit Ticker

• imageladybuggrl9802:
    I also deleted that post because I put my name on there when one poster who hasn't posted on this thread asked me for my name. I thought she was being nice and it wasn't until more people commented and laughed at her and me did I realize that she was being mean.

I did see that part. For future reference, you can edit a post after you post it. As long as no one has quoted you, all evidence is gone...as far as I know, at least.

She was being sarcastic, not mean.

DDs ("Dirty Deletes" or something like that) are looked down on on every board on here. People take the time to write out replies, and it's disrespectful to delete it. There may have been a lot of snark, but I had a legit answer for you and was annoyed that I wasted my time writing out a reply.

• imagesheacox:
    Your in law enforcement and didn't know you shouldn't post your real name on the Internet the first night you post on a forum? Do you see how this is HARD to believe? 

This really is a valid point.

And I'm really going to bed now.

• Ladybugpjb has been extremely kind, understanding, gentle, and supportive of you! Much more then most people would have been.... That's why she took offense to you generalizing your response. Not because you said 'ladies'.... Now she is tired and going to bed!

Go to bed mama!!! 

TTC since 03/2011

BabyFruit Ticker

• It's a bit shocking getting some snark when you first join and haven't figured how the boards work yet. I can relate - I totally screwed up on one board when I first joined and innocently did the dastardly DD on another. Really great start, huh? I definitely learned my lesson lol. I too had no idea how much backlash was going to come my way because of it. Now you know :)

Anyways - welcome to the board and congratulations on your pregnancy. I agree with the PP. It's late, we're hormonal, but we really aren't that mean. Key word - hormonal ^_^ Night!

TTC since 2004, Ectopic 2005, lost right tube. Multiple miscarriages. Baby girl born June 2013.
  • I call shenanigans. Someone who works in law enforcement a)doesn't brag about it b)won't say go ahead and come find me c)has more common sense when using online communities. BTDT.

CJ 05/29/2013

• If you think we're nasty, I highly recommend you don't venture to the other boards. This really is one of the most tame. And why do you keep coming back? Another reason I'm calling shenanigans.

CJ 05/29/2013

• Facebook stalking absolutley should be one of them. Promise. I'm working on my degree in cyber security(and work in the field).

CJ 05/29/2013

• imageladybuggrl9802:
    imageBaconlettucetomato:
    Facebook stalking absolutley should be one of them. Promise. I'm working on my degree in cyber securityand work in the field.
    Funny you should mention it since I worked the cyber crimes unit for 2 years before switching to worksite enforcement where I am now. I still don't have any fear after working cyber crimes.
    Mmmk pumpkin.

CJ 05/29/2013

• I have to agree with PPs, making your first post ever on the TB asking about a Facebook group is suspect...  But regardless, there is no reason you can't start over here and get to know the women on this board.  They are pretty f-ing awesome.

And just a note to the rest of the board...  I am going to throw a massive temper tantrum if one more person suggests a facebook group anytime in the next few weeks.

M/C 7/8/12

Perfect baby boy born 7/8/13

BFP 8/20/14 EDD 4/27/15 It's a GIRL!!

• imageBacon+lettuce+tomato:
    imageladybuggrl9802:
    imageBaconlettucetomato:
    Facebook stalking absolutley should be one of them. Promise. I'm working on my degree in cyber securityand work in the field.

Funny you should mention it since I worked the cyber crimes unit for 2 years before switching to worksite enforcement where I am now. I still don't have any fear after working cyber crimes.

Mmmk pumpkin.

After you finish your degree you should look for jobs with ICE at usajobs.gov. We are always hiring at least in my area forensic computer people.
  • imagekread8:

I have to agree with PPs, making your first post ever on the TB asking about a Facebook group is suspect...  But regardless, there is no reason you can't start over here and get to know the women on this board.  They are pretty f-ing awesome.

And just a note to the rest of the board...  I am going to throw a massive temper tantrum if one more person suggests a facebook group anytime in the next few weeks.

CJ 05/29/2013

• imageladybuggrl9802:
    imageBacon+lettuce+tomato:
    imageladybuggrl9802:
    imageBaconlettucetomato:
    Mmmk pumpkin.
    After you finish your degree you should look for jobs with ICE at usajobs.gov. We are always hiring at least in my area forensic computer people.

usajobs is such a pain in the rear. I used to work for the state version of ICE. Sadly I think money/benefits is better doing it as a private contractor. I almost went with DEA but they wanted me to move so I declined.

CJ 05/29/2013

• Oh, good Lord! My bedtime prayer was "Please let that post be over!"

Sigh...

Other Ladybug poster (sorry, can't remember the rest of your SN), I'd suggest lying low a few days, reading other posts, checking out other boards, and then slowly come back on here (by replying to other posts first) if you want to join us. Even the ladies who have given you snarky replies are pretty nice.

imagekread8:

I have to agree with PPs, making your first post ever on the TB asking about a Facebook group is suspect...  But regardless, there is no reason you can't start over here and get to know the women on this board.  They are pretty f-ing awesome.

Bahahahahaha I PPH you BLT... 

M/C 7/8/12

Perfect baby boy born 7/8/13

BFP 8/20/14 EDD 4/27/15 It's a GIRL!!

• imagekread8:
    imageBacon+lettuce+tomato:
    imagekread8:

Bahahahahaha I PPH you BLT... 

I knew there had to be a picture out there somewhere. I seriously LOLed. And I haven't "heard" PPH in forever, thank you for that. :)

CJ 05/29/2013

• imageladybuggrl9802:
    I guess I'm a dumb customs officer then. What a nasty bunch of women.

We aren't nasty... :/  

You can start over here, but please just let this thread die. All the women here are very protective about their privacy, you can't blame them for that.

TTC since 2004, Ectopic 2005, lost right tube. Multiple miscarriages. Baby girl born June 2013.
  • I'm sorry.  I know that most want this thread to die, but ladybuggrl9802's responses are very suspicious and kept me awake last night because of it.  Today they have gotten more so.  If you don't believe me check her answers out yourselves. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagekread8:

Yes 

Proud babywearing, breastfeeding, vaccinating SAHM of 2U2!
    imageLilypie - (qCSN)Lilypie - (5rzN)imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers

I call shenanigans. Someone who works in law enforcement a)doesn't brag about it b)won't say go ahead and come find me c)has more common sense when using online communities. BTDT.

I'm with BLT... I missed the DD post (but obviously get the gist of it now) but just going off of all the comments on here, I'm really sketched out. 

• Because there have been some seriously creepy people on here, stealing identities and pictures, passing them off as their own on other sites, pretending to be people they're not... as you said before how do you know we aren't all men or creeps? 

And yes. yes please. Although I do know from several law enforcement officers that are family and friends... that that would be frowned upon by their superiors....

Saying things like the whole picture deal and going super in detail about your "career" is creepy, like you're trying to prove too much, pushing your story too much... l.y.i.n.g.

ETA: *Not to say you actually are, but the way you're acting and your comments really sound like that OP.

• No, well then please share. Just as you described! Maybe with today's news paper too? pleaseandthankyou

• So I was totally going to stay out of this because I missed the original post, but I don't believe you either ladybugwhatever your screen name is. You are trying entirely too hard. No it isn't because I don't believe a woman could actually do this job. It is mostly because I don't believe any highly trained LE officer would be so niaeve to think people don't lie on the Internet and FB. You can make up anything any more! I seriously suggest if you want to stick around that you lay low for a few days and let this blow over and die. Just my 2 cents.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BFP #1: 6.26.12 EDD: 2.11.13 missed m/c: 7.31.12 @ 12 weeks
    BFP #2: 10.1.12 EDD: 6.11.13 Born 6.13.13
    photo 2546f8b6-17f6-4b55-b007-93a547c620b8.jpg

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • imageladybuggrl9802:
    imageroxt26:
    I'm sorry.nbsp; I know that most want this thread to die, but ladybuggrl9802's responses are very suspicious and kept me awake last night because of it.nbsp; Today they have gotten more so.nbsp; If you don't believe me check her answers out yourselves.nbsp;
    This is pretty sad that you guys just can't get over this. Sorry if I made a huge bump faux pas but like I saidduring my last pregnancy I used the what to expect forums and they had a Facebook group for birth months. Once I joined that group I never used the boards again as it was much more personal and you got to see who was behind the writing. I became very close with several of them. As far as my law enforcement experience goes I said it because I was being accused of being a creep. I am very proud of what I do and it wasn't an easy road for me to get where I am as I'm a female in a male dominated work force. I went through several different long acadamies at fletc, federal law enforcement training center in brunswick, ga. i was one of 2 females in my class and he other failed out. Is it hard to believe that a woman who is married with a toddler carries a gun and goes on raids? Is that it? Doesn't seem believable? If its such a huge deal and if people can't get over my faux pas and move on then ill happily leave. It's just sad that people are so judgmental and accusatory. Do you want to me to post a picture of my badge, credentials, in my office, wearing my ice jacket and bullet proof vest jeez.

You get to know people here too.  Add an avatar and a sig pic, post more and voila!  I have already met BaconLettuceandTomato and she's good folk.  Facebook is for real life friends.

• imageladybuggrl9802:
    imageclizh:
    No, well then please share. Just as you described! Maybe with today's news paper too? pleaseandthankyou
    I was being sarcastic about posing a picture on this board of myself. That's why I said jeez. I may be dumb according to you guys but I'm not that dumb.

Convenient. It works for you to be "not that dumb" right now, doesn't it?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"