March 2013 Moms

Another Maternity Photos question

The post below inspired me to finally call for an appointment.  I thought that DH would be in some of the photos but he doesn't think that is necessary since I am the only one with a baby bump.  He will do whatever I want.  What do most people do?

BFP on IVF #2 6/29/2012. Beta #1 7/3 = 522; Beta #2 = 1180; Beta #3 = 6491 image BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Another Maternity Photos question

• DH will definitely be in our pictures. It's his child too.
    Married my best friend May 24, 2008
    BFP #1 9/1/11, EDD 5/15/12, Missed M/C at 9w4d, discovered at 11w3d, D&C 11/2/11
    BFP #2 6/20/12, Baby Boy born 3/2/13
    BFP #3 October 2016, EDD 6/11/17
  • Most galleries I've seen of maternity shoots have the hubby in some of the pics.  I think you will regret it if he isn't in any of the photos.
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Definitely he should be in the pics! It's not just about you, it's about you two as parents. There are so many cute shots, like him holding you from behind with his arms around the bump, him kissing or snuggling the bump, and then of course the close up bump shot with both your hands cradling it. I'm sure your photographer will have even more ideas.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• imagerm2013:
    Definitely he should be in the pics! It's not just about you, it's about you two as parents. There are so many cute shots, like him holding you from behind with his arms around the bump, him kissing or snuggling the bump, and then of course the close up bump shot with both your hands cradling it. I'm sure your photographer will have even more ideas.

This! I love the shots of the two of us (well, 3 of us!) the most from my first maternity shoot. To be honest, I am not going to frame a picture of just me & my bump. But, I still have framed pictures up of me and DH from my maternity shoot. We got some great shots! The ones of just you and your bump will be great for scrapbooking, and to look back on and show LO one day, but other than that, I don't know what I will do with mine. Definitely get shots of all of you!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • DH had no interest in going to my maternity session with my first. And I DO have pictures of just me my bump framed. I think we will do family portraits this time though.
    BFP #2 5/31/12 CP 5w2d 6/4/12 BFP #3 7/9/12 EDD 3/8/13 Another Girl!! Lilypie Pregnancy tickersBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My husband will be in some of the pictures, some will just be me.
  • I say definitely have him in some! It is your child, together. This may be the last opportunity to have photos with just the two of you before the child arrives, take it! I've been collecting inspiration for a maternity shoot since before I got pregnant, there are some really cute posses you can do with your hubby! If you want to check it out:
    https://pinterest.com/laineyjane/photography-maternity/ 
  • My DH was in all but a few of my maternity shots and everyone thought they came out amazing and said how we BOTH looked like we were glowing and so in love! I would definitely include him as it is a special time for both of you. I also plan on having him in our newborn photos too!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • We just had ours done. Fiance was in most of them and then I had a few of just me. I didn't like any of the ones with just me, I'm giving those to my mom :) There is a really cute one of him kissing my belly, and there were a few that were close ups that didn't show my belly at all, so that was nice as we have never had any pictures done before.

I don't think the photos are just "about you," I think it's about documenting your family. I also think they are great for when you the baby gets bigger you can show him/her and say "Look how young mom and dad look!" "Look when you were in mommy's tummy" etc. Plus I know his family would want some too, and not just of me.

BabyFetus Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"