Late Term and Child Loss

My Grandma :*(

Yesterday afternoon my mom called to tell me that my Gram wasn't doing well and we weren't sure how much time she had left.  Just the day before, she went out to eat at a restaurant and went to the mall over the weekend.  She was asking my mom about booking their next trip to Atlantic City.  Her body was 98 years old but her soul, still a young lady.  I got to her house where my mom, Aunt, sister, and cousins were all gathered around her.  A priest came over and we prayed together.  She was holding on and didn't want to let go.  I left shortly after 1am when I said my final good-byes.  I asked her to hold Ava for me and kiss her face when she sees her.  By the time I got home and settled she had passed.  I truly believe that she waited for me to leave before she could let go...she knew the pain that I've already been through and didn't want to put me through watching her take her last breath.  She will be missed dearly, but I am comforted to know that she is with my sweet Ava now. 

The temporary grave marker that I got for Ava reads the following, and I want to quote it for my Grandma today:

"If love alone could have spared you....you would have lived forever"

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

BFP#1 - 11/27/09 EDD 8/5/10, DS1 arrived 7/24/10 via emergency c-section.

BFP#2 - 6/18/12 EDD 2/23/13, sweet baby girl born sleeping on 10/4/12 at 19 weeks, 3 days.

BFP #3 - 1/18/13 EDD 10/1/13, natural mc on 2/2/13 at 5 weeks, 4 days.

BFP #4 - 8/29/13 EDD 5/12/14, our sweet rainbow, DS2 born 4/29/14 via c-section

Re: My Grandma :*(

• Sorry for the loss of your grandma Meli!

I had similar thoughts when my little Diana passed. I was thinking of my grandma and my aunt who passed away few years ago and that they will take care of my little girl. It does not lessen the pain but is comforting to think she is not alone.
    The saying is beautiful!
  • Awww, I'm so, so sorry sweetheart.  I'm glad you at least got to visit her one more time and got to say good-bye.  I almost lost my grandma last year on Christmas.  It's just horrible. The first time we saw her conscious she just kept saying she was so sorry, and then she closed her eyes and her jaw stopped shaking (medication was causing it).  We thought she let go.  I told her she wasn't allowed to meet Corbin yet.  I know your grandma is with Ava, holding her, giving her tons of kisses and not letting her go until you get there.  Sounds like your grandma had a beautiful and long life.  She will be missed.  {{{HUGE HUGS}}}

In memory of Corbin Scott 10/28/11-12/3/11. Heaven got another angel the night you left this world behind Heaven got a little better the day it took you away from me Missing you tonight, see you again sometime For now I'll close my eyes and dream of heaven tonight I'll love you forever I'll like you for always Now and Forever My baby you'll be

corbinsmommy.blogspot.com

imageimage

• Loading the player...
  • I am so sorry for the loss of your grandmother. I honestly couldn't have said it better than fluttergirlmoonchild said it...I'm glad you got to see her one more time, and I have no doubt that he is rocking your sweet Ava right now. *hugs*
    ________________________________________________________________________________

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

• ((HUGE HUGS)) I am so sorry for the loss of your grandma.

Our Angel Patricia born sleeping 3/30/12 at 31 weeks
    Our Fighter Anna born early 1/8/13 at 26 weeks
    Hoping to bring home #3 due 9/9/15
  • I'm so sorry. I know your grandma is holding your sweet baby. hugs

After my grandma passed last spring, my dad took one of her rose bushes and planted it in his yard. The day Bradley passed at the end of September one single huge!!! yellow rose bloomed on the plant! Grandmas are wonderful!
  • Thank you all so much. 

BFP#1 - 11/27/09 EDD 8/5/10, DS1 arrived 7/24/10 via emergency c-section.

BFP#2 - 6/18/12 EDD 2/23/13, sweet baby girl born sleeping on 10/4/12 at 19 weeks, 3 days.

BFP #3 - 1/18/13 EDD 10/1/13, natural mc on 2/2/13 at 5 weeks, 4 days.

BFP #4 - 8/29/13 EDD 5/12/14, our sweet rainbow, DS2 born 4/29/14 via c-section

• Im sorry for your loss. Huge hugs for you
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers image Me - 41 DH - 28 **** Proud mom to Christopher, dob 7/15/92 **** Nathaniel dob 1/18/05 -1/18/05 (8 mos) in heaven **** bfp 8/26/10 m/c 10/14/10 at 7 wks. **** D&C 10/15/10 **** Cycles 1-4 BFN's **** Cycle #5 - 100 mg Clomid **** IUI #1 - 04/23/11 and 4/24/11 - 5/8/11 IUI #1 = BFFN BFP 10/14/11 - EDD 6/22/12** Stick little one Stick! Athena Jane 5/31/12 - 8/28/12
  • I'm so sorry for your loss.  I had a similar situation in that my grandmother got really sick when I was in college.  She went into the hospital the Mon of Thanksgiving.  I couldn't get home to see her until Wed.  She passed early Thurs (on Thanksgiving).  I truly feel like she held on until she saw me.
    BFP#1=1/17/08 Missed m/c: 3/19/08@ 12 w D&C 3/21/08 BFP #2=8/5/08 She arrived 4/16/09! image BFP#3 7/9/11 EDD:3/16/11 Logan Patrick born sleeping on 3/20/11 image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"