October 2012 Moms

PP Insomnia

Sorry I'm posting again but I desperately need help.

I'm having a horrible case of insomnia. I've always been an amazing sleeper but ever since LO was born I can't sleep at night. Last night I barely got any sleep and I literally stayed awake between his feedings. It's gotten to the point that I'm crying because I'm so exhausted, but I can't shut my mind off long enough to sleep.

What do I do? Call my OB? Suck it up? I need help :
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: PP Insomnia

• ugh same i listen to the monitor too much
    image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Since pregnancy, I've had trouble falling asleep. Once I'm asleep, I can stay asleep, but I just have a really hard time getting there. 
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm always had insomnia, but it got sooo much worse right after I had Ike. It was definitely due to anxiety, so I got on Zoloft and can fall asleep easily. If it continues I'd suggest doing something for anxiety.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Don't have any advice but I have the same problem. I don't want to take anything since I still have to get up every 3 hours. And if we have a bad colicky day it's even worse. Let us know what your doctor says if you decide to call!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Yes, I struggled with this after my first pregnancy and again this time. I'm currently taking 50mg of trazodone every night and it works wonderfully. I fall asleep easily, but I am still able to wake up just fine in the motn and fall asleep easily again after feeding. I FF, so I don't know if you can take it while BFing, but I'm sure that there are other meds that might help. I was an anxious mess due to lack of sleep, before I started taking something and so it's helped me immensely. Best of luck and I'm sorry that you are struggling...it really sucks.
    M/C #1 - BFP-1/16/08 Dx Blighted Ovum-2/4/08 D&C-2/8/08 @ 7 weeks M/C #2 - BFP-3/31/08 Early M/C-4/10/08 @ 5 weeks M/C #3 - BFP-6/31/08 Early M/C-7/13/08 @ 5.5 weeks Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Thanks ladies!

My doc basically suggested a therapist or Zoloft. I think I'm going to do some research into natural remedies and see how that goes!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"