Parenting after a Loss

the comments

Ok so there were crappy things said after my loss, and in general I know people say crappy things about it because they just don't understand. But then there are crappy  things that people say that are just.... crappy. Like the friend who told me after my 1st loss that "Well now you really know how you feel about being a parent"  Well anyways, more recently a comment was made about a pregnancy announcement, and basically this person said "I know you had a m/c, but why couldn't you just be happy for me? I feel cheated" - the announcement was made not long after my 2nd loss and I know I was avoidant, but i was never outwardly unpleasant (didn't cry - to their face) I just couldn't jump for joy. I don't know why I'm just having a hard time letting this one go. I know I need to and its just a small stupid thing that was said... but urgh. 
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: the comments

• holy crap people suck.  ((hugs))

After 7 years of no ovulation...
    BFP#1 10/24/11 ~ EDD 6/29/12 ~ Natural m/c 11/2/11
    BFP#2 2/3/12 ~ Alice born 9/26/12

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Oct Angel Babies
  • Wow. That sucks. This one is especially bad I think because not only is it blatantly obvious that she doesn't understand how life shatteringly devastating a loss is but she is also not even trying to give it any consideration. She is only thinking about her feelings and not what you went through. It's like she expected you to put your feelings and your angel baby aside so you could squee for her pregnancy. (Huge hugs)
    We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • SHE feels cheated?! She's a selfish little b!tch who should think about what it's like to be in your shoes. People just don't get it, but at least some have empathy.

I would tell her she has no idea what cheated actually feels like, and I hope she never does. People need to know how insensitive their comments are. They'll never learn if we don't tell them.
     Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Mama to 5 angel babies, 1 rainbow baby, and 2 more angel babies. 
    My beautiful Ella/ToT arrived 10/10/12. 
  • Thanks ladies - I'm trying to let it roll off but yeah this one is sticking hard. I just don't get how some people can be so selfish. Thanks for letting me get it out, maybe now I can let it go.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"