October 2012 Moms

Are you still swaddling?

Jordyn is 8 weeks today (gah, time flies!) and we just started swaddling her at night again. We hadn't been for awhile b/c she seemed to hate it. Well, she still fights it, but once she's asleep, she's good. 
Anyway, just wondering if you're still swaddling?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Are you still swaddling?

• We are. She hasn't slept without it since the very early days. Probably will keep doing it until she can roll over.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We stopped at 3 weeks b/c she seemed to hate it. Then about a week after that she started sleeping really crappy and I tried it again and she started sleeping great again. Still swaddling! 
  • Loading the player...
  • We still do...just started using a size bigger size so it's a little looser...eventually we'll only swaddle one arm and then probably in another two months we'll stop swaddling...but he sleeps great thu the night so not about to stop.
  • We do, but only at night. We don't swaddle for naps. She ends up breaking at least one arm out of the swaddle as she falls asleep though. We will start phasing out the swaddle in the next few weeks I think.

After 7 years of no ovulation...
    BFP#1 10/24/11 ~ EDD 6/29/12 ~ Natural m/c 11/2/11
    BFP#2 2/3/12 ~ Alice born 9/26/12

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Oct Angel Babies
  • We do! He just sleeps so much sounder when he's swaddled. He doesn't like it while its happening but once its done his eyes glaze over and he just waits to be rocked to sleep. When he can roll over we will stop, but I am in no rush. Guilty of not pushing tummy time enough over here. I figure, they grow up so fast, and at some point he will learn, I'm in no rush!
  • We don't. mJ stopped liking it after a while and he sleeps just fine without being swaddled. I do use a sleep sack occassionally though

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Yup! We tried going without tonight and he woke up after an hour to play with his hands then started crying he definitely still needs the swaddle !
    DS1 : 10/2012
    Due with B/G Twins July 2015
  • No we stopped awhile ago. DD is 10 weeks now. She hated it and uses a Halo sleep sack instead and loves it. She sleeps in her crib and I have no problems putting her down even if she's awake.
  • no
  • We stopped after a week. She would break out of the swaddle, even the swaddle me blankets. She slept much better without it.

DS stayed in the swaddle until 5 weeks or so. All kids are different!

Lilypie - (A6Jy)

• No.I stopped after the first week.
  • We do. DS is 11 weeks.
  • Charlie is 8 weeks and we just stopped. However we were swaddling with both arms out since he was born, he hated having his arms in and that's what the hospital and pedi told us to do anyway.
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• LO is almost 9 weeks and we still swaddle.  DH swaddles him with the arms out and I still do it with the arms in.  We will probably transition shortly to just the arms out since he is getting more and more curious about his hands.  When he starts to roll over, we'll transition to sleep sacks I guess.  It's just so cold in this place!
  • We use a halo sleep sack with her arms tucked in. I just bought the bigger size yesterday.
  • Yes, both arms in. Always at night, sometimes for naps.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Definitely. If he isn't swaddled, he has a really hard time settling down.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Oct Angel Babies
  • We swaddled ds1 at night only until about 5 months.

We will likely do the same with ds2.

• Yes and she is one of the older babies on this board. Always for night and normally for naps. we won't stop until she can roll over or doesn't like it.
    DD 9/15/12
  • imageStarry Again:
    Yes and she is one of the older babies on this board. Always for night and normally for naps. we won't stop until she can roll over or doesn't like it.

this L is 3 months and we still do, with one arm out but I'm considering putting it back in since he was sucking that hand and making so many noises last night that I got the worst sleep

image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Yes, but only legs. He hates having his arms confined. 
  • LO is 11.5 weeks and we still do. No intention to stop anytime

soon!

Logan Jack- 6.1.10 and Emmett Weston- 9.29.12 

• imageWanderingStars23:
    Yep, we aren't planning on stopping anytime soon. For one thing, it's too dang cold in our house and it is the only thing that keeps her hands warm. But she also sleeps much better while swaddled.

us too. We weaned DD from the swaddle at around 4 months, and DS not until 6 months.  So I forsee a swaddle in our future for a while.

Hey I just met you, and you're my baby. This is your family, we're kind of crazy...Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie - (tl9S)Lilypie - (zrx8)imageimageimage
  • imagemeganole25:
    Yes. We tried not to last week and it was not good. Swaddle = sleep in our house. We swaddle for naps too. Although we have been trying arms out for naps. Haven't tried for nights yet.

This almost word for word. Love the swaddle!
  • 11wks old and Absolutely!! LO is in her routine and cries for her swaddle if she isn't swaddled by 8:30. The minute you swaddle she calms. We don't swaddle during the day tho. 
    Married '02, TTC May '05

Dx -Ute cancer, DOR from cancer treatments, and embryo quality issues. NOV 2010 CANCER FREE
    2005-2011= 3 Rounds of Clomid, 5 IUI's, 3 IVF's- ALL BFN's
    After 7yrs TTC, 5yrs of ute cancer, and 11 failed IF treatments, we got a surprise BFP! So thankful!

Gemma Grace born 09/30/12

Phillipians 4:6,7

• Oh yes. 

For naps I swaddle in an A and A blanket and at night we use a fleece Halo swaddle.

He knows as soon as he gets wrapped up that it's time to sleep.  

"I prayed for this child and the Lord has granted what I asked of him." ~1 Samuel 1:27
    "Whatever it takes, we walk together." ~Pittsburgh Penguins
    My IF-turned-baby blog
  • We do - he wakes him self up if he breaks out.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • We use the Halo sleep sack, arms in. He fusses regularly around 9 if he isn't put in it by then. I guess it calms him.

He breaks out of swaddle blankets and swaddleme's easily. 

• Nope. switched over to sleep sacks around 2-3 weeks.
    imageimage

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"