Baby Names

What would we all do without facebook!

As seen today....

"Please meet my son, Rock"   ::facepalm::

I will admit, I'm not sure if this is short for Rocky but, I'm not sure if that's much better.  

Baby C - 08.23.13

Re: What would we all do without facebook!

• Oh, dear. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I had a Rock at my elementary school! Hah.
  • Loading the player...
  • imageMrsWindyCity:
    I had a Rock at my elementary school! Hah.

for real!?!? or is this a joke about a pet rock?? haha!

Baby C - 08.23.13
  • It's actually on my babyname list, anyone ever hear of Rock Hudson? and it is a common last name, did you think it wouldn't make the switch to first name like all the other names have. But hey I love last names as first names too, not everyone cup of tea. 
  • Oh goodness *sigh*
  • Oh my. That's just stupid.
  • Yep. My husbands cousin named her son Rock. He is two. Not a fan of the name.
  • imagewklj875:
    It's actually on my babyname list, anyone ever hear of Rock Hudson? and it is a common last name, did you think it wouldn't make the switch to first name like all the other names have. But hey I love last names as first names too, not everyone cup of tea. 

yeah, Rock Hudson was his stage name.  His real name was Roy Harold Scherer Jr. 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Married 1/2/99.
    TTC since 4/09.
    Diagnosed PCOS. Diagnosed Hypothryoid 11/09.
    SHG & SA normal. PCOS Research study started 5/10.
    Clomid/Femara cycle #1 - 6/10 = BFN
    Clomid/Femara cycle #2 - 7/10 = BFP #1 - Missed miscarriage 9/2/10
    11/12 - BFP #2 - 11/22 - m/c
    5/1/11 - BFP #3 - Pre-eclampsia, IUGR & bed rest from 32w. DD born via induction 1/4/12.
  • Ugh.

Loss #1 2008, Loss #2 2010, Loss #3 2011, Loss #4 2012, Loss #5 2012
    Loss #6 2014 Loss #7 (chemical) 2014

~DS Born! 2009~
    ~DD Born! 2013~
    ~DD due! 2015~

• I went to hs with a Rock.... seriously his name.

My husband has a best friend named Rock too.

Neither are short for anything either!

Maybe its a regional thing? 

• imageelainelbuck:

imagewklj875:
    It's actually on my babyname list, anyone ever hear of Rock Hudson? and it is a common last name, did you think it wouldn't make the switch to first name like all the other names have. But hey I love last names as first names too, not everyone cup of tea. 

I know it was his stage name, can you imagine Rock Hudson as Roy Harold Scherer Jr.? Yuck! And I believe in the 1950's it was in the top 1000 baby names.

• I know a middle aged man with the name Rock. I don't like it.

photo May2014jpg photo MomTatWhiteNew40jpg

It’s not that I don’t like you, it’s that I don’t know you. Stranger Danger.
  • imagewklj875:
    imageelainelbuck:

imagewklj875:

I know it was his stage name, can you imagine Rock Hudson as Roy Harold Scherer Jr.? Yuck! And I believe in the 1950's it was in the top 1000 baby names.

yeah, Rock is one of those names that does well on the stage, but not in real life. Kind of like the clothes that are worn on the fashion runways. The average person is not going to look good wearing those in their daily life.

BabyFruit Ticker

Also a July 2013 Mom!
  • imagewklj875:

Rock wasn't his real name...it was Roy. 

• My nephew's name is Rock. He is almost 10 and it honestly suits him .. however, putting the name on a resume in 10 years ...  Uhhhh not sure how that will look .. 
               5 years IF & 2 losses

~~ DS Born 2/28/2013 ~~
                8lb 13 oz 22 inches 
    Happily expecting another miracle !
     EDD 11/20

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"