LGBT Parenting

TTC Check-In?

Since there is evidently going to be a regular Pregnancy Check-In, I was thinking about starting a weekly TTC Check-In.  But then I wondered if all the separate check-ins were going to take away from the Wednesday ATP/TTC/PCP thing, and whether we're still doing that, and whether those who are TTC would prefer a separate check-in?  Would those who are already parenting but not pregnant or TTC want their own check-in?  Is this all crazy and unnecessary? I am not sure how many of us are TTC at this point, but I wouldn't mind some company as I bang my head against the wall.

Thoughts?

Married my wife 8/2007 ~ TTC #1 since 7/2011
9 IUIs = 9 BFNs
IVF October 2012: 22 eggs retrieved, 17 fertilized, 5 frozen
ET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Blighted ovum discovered at 7w5d; D&E
FET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Missed m/c discovered at 9w5d; D&E
Karyotyping: normal ~ RPL Testing: normal ~ Hysteroscopy: normal
FET #2: 1 blast transferred 10/25; BFP 10/31!
EDD 7/13/14 ~ Induced at 37w4d due to pre-eclampsia ~ Born on 6/28/14
*Everyone welcome*

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: TTC Check-In?

• I would love to have some sort of TTC check-in. We're new to the board so I don't know about the Wednesday ATP/TTC/PCP thing. I would be happy to have any kid of TTC check-in happening and I'm not attached to a particular format.
    ****loss discussed*****

We're queer. I'm 33, have severe stage 4 endo, and had both fallopian tubes removed. My love ("Manada" on the boards, 32) was diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve. We did Partner IVF (my eggs, her uterus). We lost our twins Tavin and Casey at 21 weeks gestation.

Our IUIs
    with @Manada: IUI# 1-7 (December 2012- September 2013) all BFN. Tried natural, femara, clomid, puregon/follistim, clomid and menopur combo, both the ovidrel and HCG triggers.

Our IVFs:
    IVF #1 my eggs November/December 2013: Cancelled IVF due to poor response

IVF #2 my eggs/Manada's uterus January/February 2014
    BCPs and lupron overlap Stimmed: 1/22-2/2: Bravelle and Menopur (dosage ranged from B300 and M150 to B375 and M150 to B300 and M225)
    2/4 retrieved 10 eggs. Endo was much worse than expected. Only 3 eggs fertilized; February 7 transferred two day 3 embryos, froze one. All great condition.
    BFP eve of 6dp3dt; Beta 1 (11dp3dt): 110; Beta 2 (13dp3dt): 175; Beta 3 (15dp3dt): 348; Beta 4 (19dp3dt): 2222; Beta 5 (21dp3dt): 4255
    1st ultrasound (3/6  6w 1d): TWINS!!!! Twin A measuring 6w1d with a heartbeat of 118bpm. Twin B measuring 6w0d with a heartbeat of 113bpm. 

***July 18, 2014 we lost our beautiful babies at 21 weeks gestation. They were born too early. Tavin Sara T. and Casey Elizabeth T. are beautiful and precious and we will love them and miss them forever.***

FET #1 December 2014
    Intralipid infusion on Dec 10. Transfer of 1 day 3 nine-cell embryo into my uterus on Dec. 19. (acupuncture immediately before and after)
    BFP on Dec. 27; Beta 1 Jan 2 (14dp3dt): 665, Beta 2 Jan 4 (16dp3dt): 1859, Beta 3 Jan 6 (18dp3dt): 4449, Beta 4 Jan 10 (22dp3dt): 12,251.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • imagehealz413:
    I would love to have some sort of TTC check-in. We're new to the board so I don't know about the Wednesday ATP/TTC/PCP thing. I would be happy to have any kid of TTC check-in happening and I'm not attached to a particular format.

Thanks for responding -- I was starting to think it wasn't my imagination and I was actually the only not-pregnant non-parent on this board!  I was all ready to slink off to the IF and TTCAL boards for good... :)

ATP/PCP/TTC is All Thing Parenting, Pre-Conception Planning, Trying To Conceive.  It was a weekly Wednesday check in that was going on for a while, but I don't think anyone's posted one in a while. It was informal -- people would just say what was going on with their kids/pregnancy/planning/TTC journey.

I am happy to do a weekly TTC check-in (we could certainly include PCP folks), but if we are going to continue/reinstate ATP/PCP/TTC, it is a little redundant.

9 IUIs = 9 BFNs
    *Everyone welcome*

• Loading the player...
  • Let's do it. From what I can tell from the active posters, there are at least a few other people actively TTC and a number of PCP folks who just joined who might benefit from a one stop shop for reading about our TTC journeys and will be ready to join in the "fun" over the next few months.

****loss discussed*****

We're queer. I'm 33, have severe stage 4 endo, and had both fallopian tubes removed. My love ("Manada" on the boards, 32) was diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve. We did Partner IVF (my eggs, her uterus). We lost our twins Tavin and Casey at 21 weeks gestation.

Our IUIs
    with @Manada: IUI# 1-7 (December 2012- September 2013) all BFN. Tried natural, femara, clomid, puregon/follistim, clomid and menopur combo, both the ovidrel and HCG triggers.

Our IVFs:
    IVF #1 my eggs November/December 2013: Cancelled IVF due to poor response

IVF #2 my eggs/Manada's uterus January/February 2014
    BCPs and lupron overlap Stimmed: 1/22-2/2: Bravelle and Menopur (dosage ranged from B300 and M150 to B375 and M150 to B300 and M225)
    2/4 retrieved 10 eggs. Endo was much worse than expected. Only 3 eggs fertilized; February 7 transferred two day 3 embryos, froze one. All great condition.
    BFP eve of 6dp3dt; Beta 1 (11dp3dt): 110; Beta 2 (13dp3dt): 175; Beta 3 (15dp3dt): 348; Beta 4 (19dp3dt): 2222; Beta 5 (21dp3dt): 4255
    1st ultrasound (3/6  6w 1d): TWINS!!!! Twin A measuring 6w1d with a heartbeat of 118bpm. Twin B measuring 6w0d with a heartbeat of 113bpm. 

***July 18, 2014 we lost our beautiful babies at 21 weeks gestation. They were born too early. Tavin Sara T. and Casey Elizabeth T. are beautiful and precious and we will love them and miss them forever.***

FET #1 December 2014
    Intralipid infusion on Dec 10. Transfer of 1 day 3 nine-cell embryo into my uterus on Dec. 19. (acupuncture immediately before and after)
    BFP on Dec. 27; Beta 1 Jan 2 (14dp3dt): 665, Beta 2 Jan 4 (16dp3dt): 1859, Beta 3 Jan 6 (18dp3dt): 4449, Beta 4 Jan 10 (22dp3dt): 12,251.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • ((hugs)) ball.and.chain.  I haven't been over in a while and didnt realize the wednesday chain had fallen away with the addition of the new check-in. so yeah, just wanted to send hugs.
  • imagectbride08:
    ((hugs)) ball.and.chain.  I haven't been over in a while and didnt realize the wednesday chain had fallen away with the addition of the new check-in. so yeah, just wanted to send hugs.

Thanks CT!

9 IUIs = 9 BFNs
    *Everyone welcome*

• imagectbride08:
    ((hugs)) ball.and.chain.  I haven't been over in a while and didnt realize the wednesday chain had fallen away with the addition of the new check-in. so yeah, just wanted to send hugs.

Ditto the hugs.

Has the Wednesday post really not been around? I know we missed last week, but last week was... What's the word? Oh, yeah: hell. I thought this was the only reason there wasn't a TTC/PCP/ATP post.

• My two cents is that we have sort of fallen away from the somewhat set daily posts.  For those of you that are newer, they were:

Monday - How was your weekend?

Tuesday - TTT - Ten things Tuesday

Wednesday - ATP/PCP/TTC - All things parenting, pre-conception planning, and trying to conceive

Thursday - PIP - picture in post

Friday - Friday Fluff (random question, often about a guilty pleasure but not always) and What are you doing this weekend?

Should we all try to bring these bacK?

• imagetdmklm:

imagectbride08:

Ditto the hugs.

Has the Wednesday post really not been around? I know we missed last week, but last week was... What's the word? Oh, yeah: hell. I thought this was the only reason there wasn't a TTC/PCP/ATP post.

I know the Wednesday post is usually started by different people but hasn't happened in a bit.  I know I don't start it because I can never think of a QOTD.  There doesn't have to be a pregnancy check in.  I couldn't care less either way.  I just wanted the due date list because there were so many pregnancies popping up.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageTwo*True:
    imagetdmklm:

imagectbride08:

Ditto the hugs.

I know the Wednesday post is usually started by different people but hasn't happened in a bit.  I know I don't start it because I can never think of a QOTD.  There doesn't have to be a pregnancy check in.  I couldn't care less either way.  I just wanted the due date list because there were so many pregnancies popping up.  

I think the pregnancy check-in is a good idea... It seems to me it makes more sense to have it separately than as part of the TTC/PCP/ATP post, but I'm definitely open to different formats.

• imagetdmklm:

I think the pregnancy check-in is a good idea... It seems to me it makes more sense to have it separately than as part of the TTC/PCP/ATP post, but I'm definitely open to different formats.

The TTC/PCP/ATP didn't really ever address a lot of pregnancy stuff.  Of course when pregnant we all answered it, but I don't recall (and correct me if I'm wrong, because my memory is shot) a lot of back and forth discussions about just pregnancy.  For that stuff I usually went to my local it seemed.  IDK.  I'll keep posting it on Monday's with the due date list and if we want to ditch it, or change it we can.  And there is no reason people can't post in more than one thread.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • For me it boils down to: would everyone rather have a single weekly check-in thread that is all-inclusive regardless of your status, or would everyone rather just have their own check-in thread? (I can make a clicky poll to this effect if that would make sense).  We've had a lot of new members lately and perhaps it would be easier to have separate check-ins, but there are some days things are pretty slow around here and I'm not sure we could sustain all of them.  I can see pros and cons to both situations.

Partly the answer depends on whether people are interested in reading about people who are in different situations than they are.  I admit that I rarely read posts about parenting, because I'm just not there yet.  And I'm kind of trying to stay away from pregnancy stuff lately for obvious reasons.  So in some ways, having a TTC thread would be fine by me because I could just skip any pregnancy or parenting threads.  But it also means I'd miss out on updates from people I care about who are pregnant or parenting, KWIM?

It does seem like there is interest in a TTC check-in, so maybe I'll give it a shot tomorrow and see how it goes. We can always ditch if it's slow/pointless. But I don't want to be responsible for the death of the PCP/TTC/ATP thread if that's what happens.

9 IUIs = 9 BFNs
    *Everyone welcome*

• Thank you BC! I think there is a need for this. I know of at least a few of us who would like a check in bc otherwise we just create specific posts and then it gets really confusing.
    M&K met 8/2002 married 6/2012
    TTC with RE since March 2012
    3 missed O's, 6 IUIs = 1 BFP then 8 w M/C, 5 BFNs
    (2 unmedicated IUIs, 2 clomid IUI, 2 femara IUI)
    Shared maternity/partner IVF, transfer #1 BFP!
    EDD 11/28/13
  • I would like a TTC thread :
    Me(30) & DW(33) Married August 19, 2011. Mommies to a beautiful pooch. TTC#1~IUI#1-Nov 30/12=BFN IUI#2-Dec 30/12 http://mommyandmum.blogspot.ca/
  • This may just be me, but I like the idea of them all: a pregnancy check-in (Mondays?), a TTC check-in, and resuming the Wednesday ATP/PCP/TTC/whatever-we-want-it-to-be thread. I think the Wed thread helps make the board cohesive and the others could fill the gaps about specific stuff that may be easier to avoid if you're not in those camps. One thing that helped with the QOTD issues is to have a thread to generate ideas and then borrow from that for future weeks....
    Met 07/07/05, Wedding 07/07/07, Legal Marriage Ceremony 12/9/12, Baby Boy Born 08/09/13 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"