Parenting

Mother F'er

I left my freaking phone on the train this morning....I didn't even notice till my H just called me. He said he called my cell phone and some guy answered.

The guy said that he lives in "so and so" town and gets home from work at 4:30 and I could come get it then.

What would you do? Go get it? Just get a new phone?

Wouldn't you have just handed it to a conductor?

Ugh, I am such an idiot.

ETA:

Alright...all worked out....it's a Christmas miracle!

I talk with him and his wife. They get off at my stop but later then I get on so they will be leaving the phone at the police station in the town I work in. I can grab it tomorrow.

Super nice people. She sounded a little annoyed that she had to drop it off but I would be too.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: Mother F'er

• also, I am not calling the guy a mother f'er....I am sure he is a nice person.

• I'd ask him where's a convenient public place near him where you can meet.  I'd go get it if it wasn't at his house.
    Formerly known as elmoali :)

• Loading the player...
  • Why wouldn't he ask to meet somewhere in public?  That's weird.

• imageLoisLane23:
    I'd get it. Or see if he'll be on the train again tomorrow, maybe you can meet at the station in the morning?

I think, based on the town he lives in, I get off at my stop and he gets on at the next stop.

• imageLoisLane23:
    I'd get it. Or see if he'll be on the train again tomorrow, maybe you can meet at the station in the morning?
    Yeah, I'd get it too.  If you can't do tonight, then tomorrow morning seems like a great option. 
  • imageelmoali:
    I'd ask him where's a convenient public place near him where you can meet.  I'd go get it if it wasn't at his house.

Boom.

That's a bummer..  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageI Heart The 80s:

I would absolutely not get it. Technically, to me, he stole your phone. He took it from the train. To me, that is stealing. It's not like he picked it up and immediately dialed someone on your Favorites to try and track down the owner. I would never meet some stranger to begin with.

I know it weird. Seriously if I found a phone on a train, I would immediately give it to the conductor.

• If he stole it, he wouldn't have answered it. 

imageimage 

Unable to even.  

You don't understand the appeal of Benedict Cumberbatch / think he's fug / don't know who he is? WATCH SHERLOCK.  Until you do, your negative opinion of him will not be taken seriously.

• I'd definitely at least try to get it. I dont think a criminal would've answered.
    Definitely public, though, like everyone else said, and tell him "my husband will be there..." Etc.
    I've bought stuff off craigslist before and I always send my husband. If he gets a weird vibe, he nixes it.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers natural miscarriages- 12/18/07 & 2/18/13 (AKA:KRISTA555)
  • imageCinemaGoddess:
    If he stole it, he wouldn't have answered it. 

This or he felt guilty about his decision to steal your phone. 

Meet him at a public location and pick up your phone or ask your DH to meet him at said public location.

• imageI Heart The 80s:

I would absolutely not get it. Technically, to me, he stole your phone. He took it from the train. To me, that is stealing. It's not like he picked it up and immediately dialed someone on your Favorites to try and track down the owner. I would never meet some stranger to begin with.

Lolwut? 
  • Okay, well I just talked to my aunt and she said he called this morning and said,

"This is Will, I found this phone and saw that you are in here as "aunt" so I thought I would try you first. I found this phone on the top tier of the train."

My aunt said she would call me at work and let me know. ( I must have been with a client because I missed her call)

He then said

"I will be turning her phone off so here is my number for her to call."

• Can you have your DH go get it for you ?, that's what I would do. 
  • imageLoisLane23:

What thief answers the phone and tells you where he lives?

A real wiley assshole, who is a selfish jerk to boot!
  • Alright...all worked out....it's a Christmas miracle!

I talk with him and his wife. They get off at my stop but later then I get on so they will be leaving the phone at the police station in the town I work in. I can grab it tomorrow.

Super nice people. She sounded a little annoyed that she had to drop it off but I would be too.

• Are you hangry, 80s?

imageimage 

Unable to even.  

You don't understand the appeal of Benedict Cumberbatch / think he's fug / don't know who he is? WATCH SHERLOCK.  Until you do, your negative opinion of him will not be taken seriously.

• It's truly amazing to what people are able to overreact
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'd go get it. Or call him and ask him to drop it at the station on his way home. Chances are if he picked it up and is answering your calls he's just a normal person and probably dosen't realise that a woman would feel uncomfortable meeting him.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imageLoisLane23:

imageCinemaGoddess:
    Are you hangry, 80s?

She sure is ranchy.

ILY. 

imageimage 

Unable to even.  

• imageI Heart The 80s:

imageCinemaGoddess:
    Are you hangry, 80s?

I have been in a terrible state of mind since Friday, and then some other terrible news was delivered yesterday morning. I just am frustrated with the world. Can you tell? 

It barely shows. 
  • DW lost her phone once. The people who found it noticed I had the same last name and called me. Luckily they lived near my work and I just ditched this Popsicle Stand for an hour to go pick it up from their house.

I was profusely thankful to them, and we ended up sending them a thank you card. Cuz we don't have the money right now for a new iPhone.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BhqjipgCIAAOz7H.jpg
    -My son was born in April 2012. He pretty much rules.
  • Mine fell out of my bag in an airport shuttle once.  The driver turned it in to the hotel they picked me up from and the hotel sent it to VA from ATL.  There really are a lot of truly decent people in the world
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I left my wallet on the side of a street where I was eating a snowcone. I had just cashed my paycheck, and all of my cash was in it. Some people found it, saw my ID in it, looked me up, and called me. I went to their house to pick it up. I tried to leave them some of the cash, out of gratitude, but they insisted otherwise.

Shortly thereafter, I found a diamond tennis bracelet at the grocery store I worked at. I turned it in at the front office. Its owner soon inquired about it at the office. She wanted to know who found it. When she saw me, she kept trying to shove a $50 bill in my hand. She said, "You have no idea what kind of sentimental value this bracelet has for me. I can't thank you enough."

There are decent people out there. 

"To me, you are perfect."

• I'd definitely get it tonight.
  • I'm glad it is all going to work out.  Nice of him to keep it safe for you.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"