Multiples

In LD... 32weeks looking for positive stories

So I came into LD yesterday for some bleeding more like spotting and apparently my contractions were very frequent. They said I was super dehydrated and flooded me with fluids with no success in slowing the cont. I was 1 cm dilated about an hour into being her and after another 2 hours I was at a 2. They haven't checked me again but they admitted me on strict hospital bedrest. I have gotten one of the steroid shots with another coming 24 hours from then. They also put me on a hefty dose of indocin to slow the contractions. They will be checking me again in the morning. But now I am just nervous as I am only 32 weeks 3 days. I have a growth scan in am to see their sizes and how they are doing. Any positive stories of 32 weekers just in case they decide to come and maybe any stories where some of you started dilating this early and still went in to 36/37 weeks which is what I am aiming for. Sorry if this is long.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: In LD... 32weeks looking for positive stories

• hey sweetie. I am so sorry to hear that your in labor and delivery :( Don't give up hope, maybe they will be able to get the contractions slowed down. Have they given you any magnesium? If not maybe ask about that cause I know it does do the trick for some people. Last monday I gave birth to my twins at 28 weeks due to not being able to stop the labor. It is very difficult to accept at first that if they can't get your labor stopped that they will be spending time in the NICU, but I can tell you that if you do have them, the NICU is a very safe place for them to be, and 32 weekers do very well. You can probably expect them to need a little assistance breathing until they get it down themselves and I would depending on their progress be prepared for them to stay until the gestational age of 36 to 40 weeks, somewhere in their depending how they do. It will be okay and there's still a good chance they can stop the labor. But yes, ask about magnesium, I know a lot of women have good luck with that! 
  • I don't have any positive stories but just positive thoughts, prayers, and hugs.  Keep us posted.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Our 3 Precious Angels That Left Us Too Soon
    BFP #2-EDD 07/05/13 - Tater and Tot passed at 12w3d. D&C 1/17/13
    BFP #3-EDD 12/19/13 - Peanut passed at 9w1d. D&C 05/31/13

Diagnosed with Hypothyroid 05/20/13 

BFP #4 - 09/22/13 - DD#2 born 05/27/14

All Alers Welcome!

imageimage

• Loading the player...
  • Thoughts and prayers with you! 32 weekers generally do very well. I can't tell you how many 32 to 34 weekers I've seen come and go home since we've been in the NICU. I would have looooved to make it as far as you, and FWIW, our 29 weekers are pretty much now just learning to bottle feed. One is still on a little bit of oxygen, but all in all, our NICU stay has been long, and we have a ways to go, but thankfully uneventful. Shoukd it come to it, wishing you the same, and with a much shorter stay!
    TTC Since 11/10 due to Unexplained IF 
    4 Rounds of Clomid, 2 Rounds of Femara + IUI, 2 rounds of IUI+ Injectables (Bravelle + Menopur) = First BFP! TWIN GIRLS!

November 2, 2012 - Claire (2lbs 8.9oz) and Paige (2lbs 10oz) arrive at 29w3d due to PTL and pPROM at 28w5d 
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Hang in there, mama. I started going into PTL and dilating at 23 weeks, and I made it to 34 weeks with my twins. It is very possible that you can make it to 36 weeks- you're not that far away! Even if you don't make it, you've made it to a point where your babies should be fine. Pixiem just had her girls at 31 weeks under a slew of complications, and they are doing fantastic! ((hugs)) sweetie. I am sprinkling my anti-labor fairy dust as I type this.
  • imageJenScott-4-09:
    So I came into LD yesterday for some bleeding more like spotting and apparently my contractions were very frequent. They said I was super dehydrated and flooded me with fluids with no success in slowing the cont. I was 1 cm dilated about an hour into being her and after another 2 hours I was at a 2. They haven't checked me again but they admitted me on strict hospital bedrest. I have gotten one of the steroid shots with another coming 24 hours from then. They also put me on a hefty dose of indocin to slow the contractions. They will be checking me again in the morning. But now I am just nervous as I am only 32 weeks 3 days. I have a growth scan in am to see their sizes and how they are doing. Any positive stories of 32 weekers just in case they decide to come and maybe any stories where some of you started dilating this early and still went in to 36/37 weeks which is what I am aiming for. Sorry if this is long.

My thoughts are with you and hoping that the strict hospital bedrest turns things around! My boys were born at 31.5 weeks, so pretty close, and I think they are definitely a success story.  They spent 3 days on CPAP and had a feeding tube for several weeks (it's hard to remember exactly now) while they learned to suck and eat on their own, but other than that they did not need any additional assistance.  They were in the nicu for 5 weeks as feeders and growers before they were able to go home.  It was a long 5 weeks for sure but they doing awesome now (at 17 months) with no known issues.  With the help of the nicu lactation consultations I was even able to breastfeed them for 12.5 months.  We feel so very, very fortunate for how things have turned out.  NICUs are amazing places these days.  Hopefully you will go all the way to 37+ weeks, but if not, know that things really can turn out just fine even though they seem so tiny at 32 weeks!  

• I had mine at 31w1d. They spent six weeks in the NICU, mostly uneventual (breathing issues and such but nothing truely threatening). They came home on monitors.  We saw lots of 32w come and go after us. Also, we had little white boys so we were there longer then others. (girls got out faster). And honestly the NICU time helped me. I could recover from my c section, adjust to things and it was such a surreal thing to have them early I got to ease into it a bit. Although I wouldn't wish a preemie situation on anyone, it wasn't as bad as I expected.

They are close to 9 months now, and have some delays but no one would know by looking at them that they are preemie.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • 32w is a fantastic milestone! My boys were born at 29w4d after I initially went into labor at 28w1d. They spent exactly two months in the NICU. At 8.5 months, 6m adjusted you would never know they came nearly 11w early. They are meeting all the 6m milestones, and some closer to actual age. We saw many 32/33w kids during our NICU stay and the majority did fantastic and had about a one month stay.

I hope bedrest works and you make it much further, but please know that at 32w you have done an awesome job.
    Married 9/22/07, began TTC 8/10
    Diagnosed with DOR, LP defect, mild endometriosis and cysts
    BFP #1 EDD 9/10/11, natural miscarriage at 6w
    BFP #2 Medicated cycle, twin boys born 4/4/12 at 29w4d
    BFP #3 EDD 8/8/14, D&C for missed miscarriage at 8w, baby boy with triploidy
    BFP #4 June 2014 CP
  • I was hosp at 27wks for ptl. Got the steroid shots, magnesium and stayed at 1cm. Was released after 4 days to bed rest and kept them in until being induced at 37w1d.

Congrats on making it this far, and hopefully further.

• 32 weeks is great!  Initially when we were going to deliver at 32, the doctors said the main difference between 32 and 34 was the time spent in nicu; that long term implications were about the same.  I had my girls at 31 weeks (and truth be told, they may have been a few days earlier as my dating was slightly behind my obs)...and they are doing so well.  i had the steroids 2&3 days before their birth and they are both breathing on their own (and have been since birth), which was my biggest worry.  we have had normal preemie issues (jaundice and temperature regulation), but so far nothing that has been super worrisome. 

i know how scary it is to face the possibilty of an early delivery, and i do hope they can stay inside for a while longer, but 32 weeks is a good place to be. i have also heard good things about the magnesium sulfate stopping confractions, and i have also heard that it can have neuro-protective qualities as well, but i am nkt sure of whT the timing is for that.  

• I went into ptl at 31 weeks, dialated two cm in two hours with contractions every two to three minutes. It was so scary. The nurse told us she thought they'd deliver me that night. I got the steroid shots over the next two days, way pumped full of fluid, put on procardia, and given terbutaline. My CTX stopped... well spread out.. and I was released to home bed rest four days later. I stopped taking the procardia at 35 weeks and wouldn't you know it, I never had another contraction after I stopped the procardia! Any who, we made it to our scheduled CS at 37w1d and the boys came home with us.

I just wanted to offer you a little hope! It is possible for them to stay in for longer, but as PP have said, 32 seekers do very well.

Chin up, momma. You've done well to keep them in this long!
  • Sending lots of T&P your way! Ditto PP; 32 weeks is a good milestone to be at! I do hope that they can slow down your labor, though, and keep those LOs cooking a little longer! Keep us posted.
  • So contractions have slowed from every 12 minutes to every 48 minutes! I will be going for my cervical ultrasound and growth scan at 1pm. If I am dilated more than two, they will be keeping me longer and starting magnesium in addition to the indocin. If I am still at 2cm then I will stay one more night to watch things and get the second steroid shot. They have at least let me have bathroom privilages! And I am able to eat now! I will update after my u/s! Thanks for all of the positive stories!
  • Stupid mobile bump. That is supposed to say they have slowed from every one to two minutes to every four to eight minutes. Apparently my phone won't post dashes!
  • I have a friend who developed HELPP syndrome at 32 weeks and they had to do an ER section.  She was able to get the steriod shots in prior to the delivery at 32 weeks.  Her son spent 16 days in the NICU.  Today he is happy, healthy 4 year old.  We have a friend of the family who developed pre-e and they had to delivery the baby at 32 weeks as well.  Today she is 10 months old and is doing awesome.  You would never know she was a preemie.  If they come early, I feel good for you that they will be just fine.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • My twins were 33 weekers and spent 13 days in the NICU as feeders and growers.  And I just had Bacon on Saturday, at 32 weeks- and he seems to be following in his big brothers footsteps. 
    Jayme
    Boy 16, Boy 15, Boy 13, Girl 10, Girl 8 & Twin Boys 3, and Bacon!
    Twin A is in REMISSION!
    23 week loss, 24 week loss, 3 early miscarriages & a 25 weeker who lived only 9 weeks.
  • I had my girls at 30 weeks.They spent 7 weeks in the NICU but had no problems other then just needing more time to bake. They have no residual isues other then reflux. Over 30 weeks is good, over 32 weeks is even better. NICU will be tough but your little ones should be just fine. Hopefully they can keep them cooking for a little longer. GL and I'll keep you all in my prayers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"