Parenting after a Loss

Who went overboard with the Xmas presents?

:::raises hand high:::

I waaaaaaay over did it with presents. I couldn't help myself. And DS bday is 4 days after Xmas so there is that too.

I'm totally done now though so that's the good news.

Anyone else shamefully go overboard buying presents for their LO?

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Re: Who went overboard with the Xmas presents?

• Me, too!! Way overdid it!! LoL, but I don't care :)  And, as theresat said -- I also got lazy and started wrapping things together LOL..
    Loss #1: 18w5d.. D&E 04Mar03 BFP #2: Jun2011.. missed miscarriage. D&C 08Jul2011 8w4d. BFP #3: Nov2011.. Our Rainbow Baby!!! DS Born: 15Jul2012! BFP #4: Nov2012.. 2U1 - DS2 born 12Jul2013.  BFP #5: 01Jan2014..3U3!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

My blog about raising 2U2!
  • We went overboard with birthday presents, now we are having a tough time for Christmas. :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • imageRachaelA:
    I also had rein myself in when shopping for Liam's birthday present Wink
    Hahahha, you are so cute! Yea, I think I've got V-Day and Easter covered too. LOL.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers
  • We didn't, but DS isn't even 3 months yet. We did buy him a play mat and some soft rattles. My Grandmommy sent us a gift card to Wal-Mart for him, so we went and bought him a mobile, but that got put up last night. We also didn't wrap anything.

IMG_2014
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I am crazy with gift giving and I knew it would be worse when I had a baby's so DH and I found this idea and are going to try to stick with it each year....

Something they want
    Something they need
    Something to wear
    Something to read

Then we each picked out a gift to give her from Santa.
  • I'm going shopping as soon as she wakes up. I think I'll be able to rein myself in with her this year since she's only 2 months. but I always go over board with the bigger kids and since this is the last year they won't have share too much of the Christmas budget with her... I may be in trouble when DH gets home from work...
    We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I did the opposite. I figure I might as well take advantage of her being clueless and not expecting anything while I can. I had to get her a bunch of things because we are traveling to ME (we live in SoCal so we needed a LOT of stuff for the trip) and I am just wrapping that up. She just got a ton of toys for her b-day and I know the grandparents will get her more than enough.
  • I don't think I did enough:( my family went wild for him so we didn't do a lot 
    BFP #1 6/18/10 Saw HB 7/15/10 Missed M/C 8/17/10 @ 12 weeks 2 days- 2 D&C's( 8/20 and 8/26) BFP#2 11/21/10 Nonviable at 5wks, possible ectopic. Methotrexate 12/3/10&12/9/10 BFP#3 3/10/11 Beta@12dpo 39 Beta@14dpo 160! 21 DPO 2439 HB at 7wks 127 EDD 11/17/11
    ITS A BOY!!!! Born 11/13/11 BFP #4: 10/29/12 edd 7/11/12
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"