August 2011 Moms

New Year's Resolutions?

What's on your list for 2013?  Thinking of anything in particular that you'd like to get under control or change?

Anyone take these seriously?

Did you do anything noteworthy in 2012 or "nail it!" on a 2012 resolution?  

Prudence
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Otis
 Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Hank 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Re: New Year's Resolutions?

• imageMrsSkull1107:

My resolution is to get our Wills done. I hope to have them completed within the first 90 days on 2013.

I don't take resolutions very seriously but I do try to come up with a reasonable goal each year. 

Last year it was to get our chimney inspected and updated so that we could use our fireplace. We did and we do!

I think you're right on the money here, Skull.  They don't have to be far reaching or Earth shattering.  I like your resolutions.  Totally attainable and VERY realistic.

Jay and I spent 2012 losing weight, getting our healthy lifestyle on and getting our finances in order.  

We achieved everything we set out to, so I'm riding the high of accomplishment.  Keeping up the momentum into the New Year seems so much easier now that I actually believe I can do things and get things out of life.  I feel like the Little Engine; I really think I can. :) 

Estate Planning (including Will) by 5/2013 is a BIG one for us in the coming year.  So, I am right there with you on the real-life resolutions.

Prudence
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Otis
     Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Hank 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • I do take New Years resolutions seriously, and as long as I write them down and be specific, I usually can accomplish them (except for the weight loss goals).

Last year I paid off at least one bill, read at least one book per month and started attending church. As I said above, I did not accomplish the weight loss goal (baby weight gone), but I'm going to make it another goal this time around :) I want 10% of my body weight gone by December 31, 2013.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • 2012 - got back to my pre-pregnancy weight and worked out a solution to my work/life balance issues

2013 - finally be credit card debt free and  practice self confidence

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My goal is to keep our next house more organized. I'm pretty sure that was my resolution last year, and I think I did a better job. I also accomplished my yearsold resolution of cleaning out my fabric collection, but my yearslong resolution of using up my scrapbook supplies will carry over into next year.

Since I'll br starting the new year on my own in a new house and new city, I'll be working on time management to prepare myself for when DH deploys again and I have 2 LOs.

I sort of accomplished a resolution last year getting a job. BUT I ended up being unable to accept the job since we found out we'd be leaving Hawaii ahead of schedule. So getting a job is on my list for 2013, too.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I want to take better care of myself. I did a pretty good job at eating healthy in 2012, but I need to work on how I present myself as well.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersimage
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    Farewell, nesticle, you will be missed
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I'm not really big on resolutions because I honestly never really stick with them. Last year I accomplished all of them because I didn't set any! Lol.

This year I'd like to:

1. Make a will
    2. Get pregnant if AF doesn't show up tomorrow that may happen this year!
    3. Make friends
    4. Possibly buy a Georgia house DH dependent
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • 2012 was lose my baby weight and get back to feeling good about my body.  I kicked that one in the butt and am very excited about it!

2013 - getting our house and our finances in order.  Our house needs a major purge before baby #2 gets here, I've already gotten a head start by donating several large bags of clothes.  As for finances, we need to rethink how we're managing our money, with DH's new added school expenses.  I feel that with a little discipline, both goals are very attainable for us.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"