October 2012 Moms
Options

I don't know what to do...

I don't know what to do...

DS refuses to stay in his bassinet lately... He wakes himself up the second I put him down and goes back to sleep the second I pick him up... I've been so diligent in not letting him fall asleep on me all the time, an during his naps I swaddle an put him next to wherever I am...: last night I just swaddled him next to me in he's and he finally gave me two hours of "sleep".... I feel like he is just being needy since he has given me 4 hours in the bassinet before and he used to give me 3 all te time. I'm really hoping its only because he has a little cold and wants his momma, and not because he doesn't like the bassinet anymore..... We can't transition yet because he still eats 2-3 times MOTN and there's nowhere for me to lay down in his room...

I guess this was just a sleep deprived vent... Cookies for all of you. 

Married my best friend 09.18.11
TTC since 12.10.11, BFP #1 02.10.12
Baby E born 10/18/12. 8.5lbs and 21in of pure perfection!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

My Blogging Endeavors:
Here Comes Mommy

Re: I don't know what to do...

• Options
    My little guy went through this like 2 weeks ago. Refused to sleep anywhere except on me. Exhausting and unfortunately I have no tips - it just stopped a few days later and he went back to normal. *hugs* and hang in there!
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    My LO went through this too. He had an awful cold and he wouldn't sleep anywhere but in my arms or my husbands. Once the cold cleared up he was back to sleep 3-4 hours in his bassinet and one night he went 6 hours.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We went through the same thing for a couple weeks. it started when LO got a runny nose and finally ended when we put him on formula due to suspected Dairy sensitivity. I cried every night because my big thing was we didn't want to bed share and I felt like I was establishing bad sleep habits, but he would cry and scream the minutes id lay him down. Just keep trying, I bet it's because he doesn't feel good, atleast that's what I think our situation was.
  • Options
    I don't really have any advice to fix it immediately, but I just want to say don't stop trying. It's likely a short term thing, but it could become a habit if you give up on trying, and then it will be much more difficult to fix. With DS1, we went through a phase like that when he had an ear infection, and I gave up trying until after he got better, but then I kind of assumed he wouldn't sleep on his own anymore and we got into a really bad habit, and almost a year later we're still having problems getting him to sleep on his own.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imagemeganole25:
    Have you tried the rice sock thing. A few ladies on here tried it and it worked.

what rice sock thing? 

My Blogging Endeavors:
    Here Comes Mommy
  • Options
    imageMrschica:

imagemeganole25:
    Have you tried the rice sock thing. A few ladies on here tried it and it worked.

what rice sock thing? 

Fill a long sock with uncooked rice and tie it off. Pop it in the microwave for 30 secs or a minute depending. Place it next to him and the warmth will help him feel as if you're right there. 

PhotobucketPhotobucket
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    I made rachelmichelle1 my bitch.
  • Options
    imageellcore:
    imageMrschica:

imagemeganole25:

what rice sock thing? 

Fill a long sock with uncooked rice and tie it off. Pop it in the microwave for 30 secs or a minute depending. Place it next to him and the warmth will help him feel as if you're right there. 

i am trying this tonight! Thanks ladies! 

My Blogging Endeavors:
    Here Comes Mommy
  • Options
    imageMrschica:
    imageellcore:
    imageMrschica:

imagemeganole25:

what rice sock thing? 

i am trying this tonight! Thanks ladies! 

good luck! 

PhotobucketPhotobucket
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    I made rachelmichelle1 my bitch.
  • Options
    My boys are sick and super clingy to me for the past 4-5 days. I just successfully put them down by myself for the first time in a few days. I seriously almost did a touchdown dance. I hope your LO feels better and gives you a break soon.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    If he has a cold he might not be able to breathe good laying flat. I know Jovanni woke up the second I put him down but if he was one me he slept for 3+hours.

• Options
    Is he btw 7 and 9 weeks. this is a wonder week phase - super clingy! It will pass.
    image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"