Baby Names

Girl name help!

I had been asking my girls on the May 2013 board but I feel like I've already asked them too many times, so I thought I'd turn to y'all :)

I had our baby girl's name narrowed down to Eloise, Eleanor, or Cecelia. We finally decided on Eloise (keeping the other two just in case she didn't seem like an Eloise when she was born). I have been having doubts since making that decision though, and now I've found the name Cecily which I LOVE (better than Cecelia) and get a great "feeling" from. I guess I'm asking y'alls opinion on which name you like best, and to get some suggestions for middle names for Cecily..

Here are our current names +MN combos:

Eloise Maeve (or May)

Eleanor Rose (or Lee)

Cecily ?

For a MN for Cecily we like: Rose (too common?), Maeve, May, Eloise or Eleanor (do these work with Cecily? That would be the best of both worlds), Louise, Jane, June, Wren...feel free to make suggestions we haven't thought of!

If we have a boy in the future, his name will be Rhett Harrison, so ideally her name would go with Rhett. The last name is pronounced "New-Tie-Tiss" so with that mouthful our options are limited :)

Thanks for your help!! I am stuck. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Girl name help!

• I love Cecily! It's a name you don't hear too often. I think a one-syllable MN would go well - Rose, May, and Jane are my favorites from your list.
  • Loading the player...
  • They're all great names! :)

I really like Eleanor Mae and Eleanor Rose!

Mr. & Mrs. - Est. 10.03.2009

TTC #1 since 06.2011 Me-24 DH-24

12.2011 SA = Normal

06.2012 First visit with OB/GYN

10.2012 Clomid 50mg + TI = BFN

11.2012 Clomid 50mg + TI = BFN

12.2012 Clomid 100mg + TI = BFN

01.2013 First visit with RE

02.2013 Clomid 150mg + TI = BFN

03.2013 Femara 5mg + TI = BFN

05.2013 Femara 5mg + TI = BFN

06.2013 Femara 7.5mg + TI = BFN

*Taking a break*  

• Eleanor Rose is very pretty :-)
  • I really like Cecily Rose!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

<3 Mama to 2 girls - H&I <3
  • LOVE Cecily.  I think Cecily Maeve is just lovely.
  • I like your choices in general. All of them. Eloise Maeve is my favorite of your options. I like the name Cecily, and if you love it, definitely go with it (though I think I prefer your other options myself).

As far as middle names with Cecily. I think Cecily Eloise would be good. Or how about Eloise Cecily?

• I love the name Cecily!  It is actually my sister's name!  People do have a hard time pronouncing/spelling it though.  Her full name is Cecily Cathryn and I think it is beautiful!

Mom to two beautiful girls and forever labor buddy to the fab lady MandaPanda518!
  • Not a fan of Cecily, makes me think of Sicily.

I love both Eloise and Eleanor! I like both of these names paired with Rose, Mae, and Jane the most.

• Eleanor is my favorite. Cecily is okay. I dislike Eloise.
  • Thanks for the input ladies! It's just so hard to decide. We're leaning towards Cecily...it's been the first name that's really felt right for her. I felt like I was stretching with the rest, even though I LOVE them all (which is why I've been so stuck). I'm thinking Cecily Maeve, Cecily Louise, Cecily Eloise, or Cecily Jane.

We'll keep Eleanor Rose and Eloise Maeve as our backups just in case she pops out and just doesn't seem like Cecily :)  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"