June 2013 Moms

Healthy Eating

I am failing at this so hard. For breakfast this morning I had two bowls of chocolate Cheerios, and for dinner last night I had French Fries. Usually at work I'm able to have salads a few times a week for lunch, and I can do eggs and yogurt for breakfast, but I feel like as soon as I get home it just all goes to Hell.

Re: Healthy Eating

• I usually start off eating healthy, but as the day goes on it goes south.  I love sweets and junk food.  I tend to gain a lot during pregancy and have to work my butt off to lose it.  French fries sound good right now :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagesubliminalrabbit:

Yep.  Last night on my way to a holiday part I stopped by In N Out and got animal-style fries for dinner.  And then proceeded to eat five cookies and tons of cookie dip when I got to the party.

I'm with you -- during the week, at work, I'll usually have a salad.  Unless, you know, there's eggplant parmigiana at the commissary.  ;)  On the weekends / at home?  Forget it.

I'm not going to admit to how many animal style double-doubles I've consumed Zip it!

When I can eat, and it actually stays down, I eat whatever sounds good. At this point, I just need food and I can't be picky about it being healthy!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • You're not alone. Especially with the holidays, my intake of sweets and junk has increased exponentially. Yikes.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    BFP#1 - 11/13/11, Natural MC - 12/24/11 at 12 weeks
    BFP#2 - 10/2/12, Please be our rainbow.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • You're not alone... I am usually a very healthy eater - I love salads, fruits, fish etc. Since I've been pregnant all I want is french fries, grilled chesse, anything unhealthy!! Every time I buy things to eat healthy I end up eating anything but that. It's hard to resist those urges! 
  • I'm failing too, I used to eat super healthy but since I've gotten pregnant I hate vegetables and fish and anything healthy. I try to force myself to eat healthy but it doesn't always work.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Prepregnancy I was totally judgy if I saw a pregnant women eating "unhealthy". How could she!! Haha off my high horse now. If I even have a hint of wanting to eat much less a craving Im caving and eating as much of it as I can regardless.

We had a company party last weekend where I ate two full plates back to back. I havent done that since college. I will no longer pass any food judgement!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • You should all be ashamed of yourselves...[stuffing a 7th sugar cookie into my mouth...]  Wink

I don't normally like sweets at all, but over the past few weeks, since my nausea has subsided, I'm eating cookies, cakes, hard candies, and Poptarts every day. Oh, and 3 days ago, my husband brought home a box of Russell Stover chocolates for me to enjoy ever the weekend - not a sampler, a whole big box - and every single one of them was gone by dinner time. I'm trying to compensate by eating healthy stuff before indulging, but sometimes I just don't care. This morning, my breakfast consisted of 2 huge slabs of cheese danish and 4 Rolos, and then lunch was half of a deli rotisserie chicken, 1 clementine, 5 strawberries, and, well now, 8 sugar cookies. The Holiday season makes healthy eating a challenge. Just do what you can to sneak some healthier choices in there, too. My husband thinks it's hilarious, because he's the sweet eater in our house - he's excited that our baby seems to like all of his favorite foods. Even my 5-year-old son shakes his head at me when he offers me carrot sticks while he gets them from the fridge for himself, but I'm too busy shoving cupcakes into my gob...  Embarrassed

Lilypie - (tQ1Y)

Lilypie - (Rgc4)

Daisypath - (bXqd)

Natural miscarriage @ 8 weeks - 3/8/2005
    Big Brother "Skippy" born - 2/28/2007
    Missed miscarriage - (EDD 3/5/2013) - D&E @ 11 weeks - 8/8/2012
    "Hen" (EDD 6/7/2013) - born sleeping @ 19 weeks - 1/15/2013
    "G-Unit" born - 4/14/2014 and he's 100% perfection!!
  • I totally understand. I read the diet chapter of WTEWYE and cried because all I could eat at the time was french fries and buttered toast. I'm starting to do a little better, but I definitely had a piece of chocolate cake with ganache an raspberry glaze at a Christmas party last night. Right now, it's helping to make most of my snacks fruits or vegetables if I can.
    griffin
  • I'm in the eat what stays down camp too. My SIL called me crying during her pregnancy because the only thing that she was able to eat for two days was a Big Mac.
    My niece is healthy and thriving. As are my kids despite the embarrassing amount of fried pickle spears I consumed while pregnant with both of them.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • imageMrsKatieW:
    I'm in the eat what stays down camp too. My SIL called me crying during her pregnancy because the only thing that she was able to eat for two days was a Big Mac. My niece is healthy and thriving. As are my kids despite the embarrassing amount of fried pickle spears I consumed while pregnant with both of them.

Yup, DS turned out healthy as can be despite my hellish pregnancy and horrendous eating. Funnily enough he hates ranch dressing and beef which are two things I lived on when I was pregnant =)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Don't be too hard on yourself and take baby steps (lol @ my pun) where you can! It sounds like you are getting some healthy foods in there so not too bad. I bet you can find some after work foods you love but also that you feel good about eating. I've found pregnancy is a really hard time to take hold of my stomach. It has a mind of it's own. For me, it may have worked in my favor as I seem to have a really picky eater on board who doesn't like sweets or too much of anything. I have such a sweet tooth so this is so weird! All I can do is small very slow meals.  

BabyFruit Ticker image
  • Eat healthy guys..youll regret it later....
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagefefy2323:
    Eat healthy guys..youll regret it later....

Says the girl who probably didn't have any morning sickness...
  • imageBC&LM:
    imagefefy2323:

Lol ya i wish.
  • imagefefy2323:
    imageBC&LM:
    imagefefy2323:

Lol ya i wish.

Sorry if I jumped to conclusions! I just find it hard to eat well with my morning sickness. I lived on soup most nights for a while even though I know it isn't good to eat that much sodium. I was feeling much better for a week or two, and I was able to eat much more normally again. However, as I am approaching the end of the first trimester, it is now coming back with a vengenance, and I am eating whatever I can to get by!
  • Me too. I eat twizzlers for bfast..lol...i just was being silly.
  • imagepinktrojanbride120107:
    You're not alone. Especially with the holidays, my intake of sweets and junk has increased exponentially. Yikes.

Mine too! The only things I want are carb and sugar filled. I have thrown out countless veggies and fruits in the last few weeks because they just don't sound good, and  I couldn't bring myself to eat them.

• I haven't eaten the healthiest either.  Baby seems to like wontons, taco shells with just a little cheese and tomatos, gourmet sausages, cookies and candy and orange juice. 

I think the best thing one can do is try to get something healthy once and a while right now even if it is just juice.  Maybe as we progress we can eat healthier.

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"