Baby Names

Alden Michael

DH is finally researching some names to add to our list that we will take to the hospital when the baby is born (we always have a short list of favorites and then decide when we see the baby). Anyway, he came across the name Alden today. It is in the 800s for boys on the SS site but when he looked somewhere else (maybe nameberry) he said that it was up 11% as a girls name. So, I was wondering if anyone has heard this name, knows anyone with this name, etc? Is it a definite boy name or is this going to quickly turn into a unisex name?

Re: Alden Michael

• I only know of boys with this name.
    Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Love: March 2010  Marriage: July 2013  Debt Free: October 2014  TTC: April 2015
     BFP: April 10, 2016 EDD: December 19, 2016 Team Blue!
    Oscar born November 20, 2016 at 35w6d

• imageJoy2611:

Nameberry can be a bit weird about what it lists as girl and boy names.  It's almost as if they consider all names to be unisex.

Anyway, Alden is all boy to me.  I really like it!

The SSA doesn't list Alden in the top 1000 names for girls for the past 100 years.  I think you're safe :-)

This 

• Loading the player...
  • Thanks ladies.

• All boy and a really nice name!

• I don't know anyone with this name, but it's definitely more of a masculine name. 

I realize it's trendy now to go with masculine names for girls, I just don't like it at all.

It's a great boys name though.  

Spontaneous pregnancy #1
    DD1 July 31, 2011

Trying for #2 since Oct 11
    732973 Clomid Cycles
    2 IUIs 
    3 Fresh IVFs= 1 Ectopic treated with MTX
    Spontaneous pregnancy #2= Ectopic #2= lost left tube
    Spontaneous pregnancy #3= DD2 January 29, 2016
    Spontaneous pregnancy #4= Ectopic #3
    Spontaneous pregnancy #5= Baby #3 is a BOY!!! 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Solidly a boy's name. Even been floating around the top 1000 boys names for the past 130 years. Solid choice for a name. Good meaning too. I like it.
  • Don't like it. It definitely sounds like a boy name to me.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"