TTC After a Loss

Intro

Hi ladies....I had a d&c done wednesday...that was my 2nd miscarriage. The procedure wasnt that bad but now experiencing more bleeding and cramping but hopefully I've got that taken care of. I want the healing to begin so I can start trying again once the doctor has released me. He is wanting me and the hubbie to wait 2 to 3 months so he can test how strong I ovulate....anyone experience that? Also I am going to start a new diet to lose some more of my weight before trying again does anyone have any good suggestions that has helped you? I am definitely open to suggestions and everyone here is so positive so thank you for your great posts!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Intro

• Welcome to the board.  I'm very sorry for your losses.  Several of the ladies on my running team are doing the Paleo diet and have had wonderful results.  They run 3+ times a week along with cross training as well.  Although, I think any amount of added activity would be good.  Good luck!  Once you are allowed to start trying again, I hope your stay here is short.
    BFP #1 (DS, 10/98), BFP #2 (DD, 10/09)
    BFP #3 -mm/c @ 7wks, discovered at 9wks, D&C 9/28
    BFP #4 5/29 EDD 2/9 - please be our rainbow
    imageimage
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • My dr put me on a gluten free/wheat free/dairy free diet.  Sounds worse than it really is.  Lots of fresh veggies and fruit and legumes... light white fish a few times a week and chicen once or twice.  Everything should be organic and hormone free.. no pesticides or hormones that can throw off your body's own ability to regulate hormones...  good luck...  so sorry for your loss...
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm so sorry for your loss. When you are able to start TTCagain I hope your stay here is short!
    BFP #1 7/23/12: EDD 4/1/13.  MMC discovered on 9/4/12 @ 10w1d
    BFP# 2 3/9/13:  EDD 11/12/13 m/c 3/15/13 @ 5w3d
    RPL testing shows one copy of MTHFR gene mutation. 
     BFP#3 12/24/13: EDD 9/5/14 Beta #1 13 DPO 168! Beta #2 16 DPO 895!
     First US 1/9/14 @ 5w6d Strong HB!
    2nd US 1/23/14 @ 7w6d baby is still doing great! 3rd US 1/31/14  9w0d: Beautiful wiggly baby! Keep growing baby!
    3/17/14 US @ 15w3d:Its a BOY!

My rainbow baby Isaac has arrived! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm so sorry for your loss.

I've had a lot of success losing weight on Weight Watchers.  It emphasizes making healthy eating choices part of an ongoing healthy lifestyle (choosing more whole grains, lean proteins, and fruits and veggies over junk food or low calorie crap), and you get "credit" for exercising.  It's also very flexible when it comes to eating out, the holidays, etc because nothing is off limits as long as you count the points.  It really is a "diet" that you can sustain for a lifetime.   And you can do it all online and with your smart phone -- no need to go to meetings (though you certainly can if you want).

imageDSC_9275  image

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I am very sorry for your loss. I don't have any advice for dieting/ exercising, I just wanted to say welcome to the board and I hope your stay here is short and sweet.

• imagenbcarlson:
    I am very sorry for your loss. I don't have any advice for dieting/ exercising, I just wanted to say welcome to the board and I hope your stay here is short and sweet.

Thank you...I am going to continue the plan I am on. I'm hoping this is a short stay here for all of us!

• I'm so sorry for your losses, but welcome. I don't have a whole lot of experience in the weight loss catagory, but I have heard great things about paleo and WW (as PP said). I know it'll be tough to have to TTA for a while, but I'm glad you've set a weight loss goal for yourself to keep you occupied. Just remember that even though it's hard to wait, it will be worth it.

Suprise BFP: 8/17/11 (previous relationship)
    Natural m/c: 10/17/11
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Me (Katie)
    DX:PCOS
    DH (Adam
    Married 10/11/12
    TTC #1 since 3/12
  • I am so sorry for your losses. Although I do not have any advice, I would just like to welcome you to the board. ((hugs))
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm so sorry for your losses. I don't have any suggestions as far as the diet, but I wanted to welcome you to the board. There is a lot of helpful information in the TTCAL Blog, as well as from our lovely ladies. I hope your stay is short and sweet!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm so sorry for your losses. I have no advice for weight loss, but as far as when to TTC again, listen to your doctor. There won't be anyone here to tell you differently. Everyone here has different wait times, for different reasons. I hope the time goes quickly for you, but make sure you take the time to grieve be gentle to yourself. I hope you find the same comfort and support from this board that I have. I'm sorry any of us have to be here, but welcome.
    BFP#1 8/3/12~EDD 4/1/13~Natural M/C 9/1/12-9w6d 
    BFP#2 5/30/13~EDD 2/3/14~Confirmed CP 5/31/13
    7/12/13 Hysteroscopy & Lap Lysis of Adhesions
    1st Cycle on Clomid Aug '13: BFP#3 8/24/13~EDD 5/3/14
    Hoping Third Time's a Charm!!- IT'S A GIRL!!!! 
    KAYLIE MARIE IS HERE! BORN 5/4/14

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 

Lilypie - (nUwf)

All AL-ers welcome in my posts! <3
  • I'm sorry for your loss. I'm not too sure what testing you are referring to, maybe CD 3 testing? Also, I've always had good results with watching my intake of carbs, fats, sugars and exercising regularly. I try to eat higher protein and whole grains, limit my intake of sweets, etc. Welcome to the board.

4 Losses (2003, 2008, Apr 2012, & Oct 2012)
    All RPL and IF testing with multiple REs = normal

5 IUIs = BFN

All AL are welcome
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"