Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

D&C Bleeding?

I had my D&C on wednesday. I've been having bad cramps and just started bleeding yesterday. I am so exhausted. How much longer should this last normally, if there is such thing as normal?
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: D&C Bleeding?

• My doctor told me I could be bleeding off and on for two weeks.  I had mine done on thursday and I didn't have any bleeding until today.  I hope it subsides for you.  I'm just mentally drained.

Married September 17, 2011.
    Me 38, PCOS
    H 43, SA normal.
    TTC #1 since November 2011.
    HSG - both tubes clear.
    Metformin+ Clomid + Prometrium (Ob/Gyn)
    January 2012- Chemical Pregnancy
    June 2012- BFP- Ectopic (5 weeks), Methotrexate
    November 2012- BFP- Miscarriage (5 weeks),D&C(12/14/12)

December 17, 2012 first apt with RE
    Metformin + Folgard+ Clomid+ Bravelle + TI +Prometrium (RE)
    March 2013- 2 follicles- BFN
    April 2013- 2 follicles- BFN

Oct 2013, IVF #1- fresh cycle cancelled due to increased progesterone
    ER 11/7/2013- 20 retrieved, 19 mature, 14 fertilized naturally, 3 blasts frozen
    FET #1- 12/6/13, 2 blasts xfered- BFN

FET #2- Cancelled while sitting in the waiting room... blast didn't survive thaw

• I bled for maybe 3 or 4 days but it was barely anything and I had no cramps. I miscarried at home and still had a dc to clean me out so that may be why I had no pain or maybe I just didn't notice the pain since I has such horrible contractions and pain when I miscarried and the dc brought relief
  • Loading the player...
  • imageCoolpk2003@aol.com:
    I bled for maybe 3 or 4 days but it was barely anything and I had no cramps. I miscarried at home and still had a dc to clean me out so that may be why I had no pain or maybe I just didn't notice the pain since I has such horrible contractions and pain when I miscarried and the dc brought relief

My first miscarriage was done at home and I will never forget how horrible it was. The d&c for me was a much better route as far as pain goes even though I'm having the cramping. Sorry for your loss.

• imagestarinala:
    My doctor told me I could be bleeding off and on for two weeks.  I had mine done on thursday and I didn't have any bleeding until today.  I hope it subsides for you.  I'm just mentally drained.

I am mentally drained as well. My bleeding didn't start until friday. I'm praying that neither mine or yours last that long.

• I had a D&C a little over a week ago, on a Thursday.  I didn't really bleed much, and it had almost stopped by Monday or Tuesday.  By Tuesday night, I had started bleeding again.  Not a LOT, but definitely more than spotting (more like a light period), and I'm still bleeding.   It's mostly dark brown, but sometimes it's more like a dark red (not bright red).    For me, it seems to be related to how active I am.   When I'm lazy and spend several hours lying on the couch, it tapers off.  When I'm up and about doing chores or errands, it seems to pick up.    In fact, it's entirely likely that I didn't bleed much immediately following the D&C because I was resting a lot, and it picked up on Tuesday night because that's when I made myself get out of the house....
    imageDSC_9275  image

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I had one Thursday and my bleeding is actually the heaviest today that it has been so far, though I have had some bleeding every day.  The OB-GYN told me I would likely bleed for 1-2 weeks and could be spotting for longer than that.  Unless you are soaking through pads every hour, it is probably normal. My cramps haven't been bad but they told me to call if I had "unbearable" pain that wasn't helped by painkillers.

I'm sorry for your loss.

Married my wife 8/2007 ~ TTC #1 since 7/2011
    9 IUIs = 9 BFNs
    IVF October 2012: 22 eggs retrieved, 17 fertilized, 5 frozen
    ET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Blighted ovum discovered at 7w5d; D&E
    FET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Missed m/c discovered at 9w5d; D&E
    Karyotyping: normal ~ RPL Testing: normal ~ Hysteroscopy: normal
    FET #2: 1 blast transferred 10/25; BFP 10/31!
    EDD 7/13/14 ~ Induced at 37w4d due to pre-eclampsia ~ Born on 6/28/14
    *Everyone welcome*

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageAvion22:
    I had a D&C a little over a week ago, on a Thursday.  I didn't really bleed much, and it had almost stopped by Monday or Tuesday.  By Tuesday night, I had started bleeding again.  Not a LOT, but definitely more than spotting (more like a light period), and I'm still bleeding.   It's mostly dark brown, but sometimes it's more like a dark red (not bright red).    For me, it seems to be related to how active I am.   When I'm lazy and spend several hours lying on the couch, it tapers off.  When I'm up and about doing chores or errands, it seems to pick up.    In fact, it's entirely likely that I didn't bleed much immediately following the D&C because I was resting a lot, and it picked up on Tuesday night because that's when I made myself get out of the house....

That makes sense. My bleeding didn't start until I made myself do more around the house and get out of the house. I even attempted a work training yesterday. Question....my bleeding is bright red is that ok you think???

• imageball.and.chain:

I had one Thursday and my bleeding is actually the heaviest today that it has been so far, though I have had some bleeding every day.  The OB-GYN told me I would likely bleed for 1-2 weeks and could be spotting for longer than that.  Unless you are soaking through pads every hour, it is probably normal. My cramps haven't been bad but they told me to call if I had "unbearable" pain that wasn't helped by painkillers.

I'm sorry for your loss.

thank you and I am sorry for your loss as well. I'm not going through a pad that quickly but I am bleeding a bright red and its like a period with extremely bad cramps. I was given tramadol to take every 6 hours and it seems to quit by the 5th hour....I just called the nurse helpline and she told me to take it at the 5th hour and to take a period med like midol in between......  It's crazy we have to deal with this after everything else....I am just ready for healing so I can try again....God willing!

• I had mine on Saturday (the 15th) I had little no bleeding all weekend. I cam back to the office today because I knew I could sit and hopefully do very little. I am bleeding more today than the past two days and I think it is from moving a lot more today. I am not cramping, just uncomfortable at times and starting to get very tired.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"