High-Risk Pregnancy

***Weekly Bed Rest Check-In*** 12/14/12

Welcome to the Friday bed rest check-in. We are a weekly update and GTKY group on the high risk board. If you would like to participate, please post the following info:? ?

Due Date, team green/blue/pink with name if you want, type of bed rest, gestational age when you went on bed rest, why you went on bed rest, other high risk issues.??

News this week:

Weddedwife (who is awesome and started these check-ins) had her baby girl, Violet Soleil on 12/7/12! Congratulations!!! You can read her post here: https://community.thebump.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/70485180.aspx 

ambrlynn8 had her baby boy on 12/3/12! She was on modified bed rest with "cervical insufficiency" found at 18 weeks. You can read her post on the December 2012 board here: https://community.thebump.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/70447489.aspx

Our current members are:

kates_mommy- Due 12/28, team Blue- Colton Andrew! Strict bed rest at 32w6d for pre term labor.

aelhunt- Due 12/28, team pink! Modified bed rest since 29w for high BP and protein-mild pre-e.

milkdoctor- Due 1/3/13,  team blue. Hospital bed rest at 32w for possible growth/placental issue.

katiebird1127- Due 1/9/13, Team Blue- Eli Alexander! Modified bed rest since 34w1d due to developing pre-e.  

BriMilla- Due 1/16/13, c/s scheduled for 1/11/13. Team pink- Emerson Clara. Modified bed rest at 21w6d due to my cervix funneling and shortening. Preventative cerclage placed at 13w after losing our daughter in February at 19w to suspected IC coupled with infection.

itlanier- Due 1/19/13, team pink- Emerson Leighann! Modified bed rest since 28w5d due to gestational hypertension.

Raeily- Due 1/24/13, team pink- Amelia Rose! Modified bed rest since 28w for mild pre-e. 

ashbee0223- Due 1/27/13, team Blue- Allen Landon! Modified bed rest/strict pelvic rest since 21w due to IC at 20 weeks, had an emergent cerclage done.

topchef33- Due 2/1/13, team Pink! Modified bed rest since 23w. Cerclage placed at 22w6d. 

Whales124- Due 2/4/13, team Pink- Clare! Had cerclage put in at 17w for short cervix, modified bed rest.

TaterTwins- Due 2/6/13, team Blue! Hospital bedrest since 28w due to placenta previa and pre-e. GD. 

ericalee27- Due 2/8/12, Team Blue- Graham! Modified bed rest due to Pre-e at 30w. Previously had pre-e with DS1 born at 35w4d. 

ajgoergen- Due 2/14/13, Team Pink! Modified bed rest since 29w6d for PIH. 

cindyc24- Due 2/22/13, team Blue with twins! Strict bed rest at 18w for shortened cervix, on progesterone suppositories. Hospital bed rest as of 25w.

cbranch89- Due 2/25/13, team Blue- CJ! Hospital bed rest since 23w for short cord, short/dilated cervix, SCH and friable cervix.

gumbygirl (Nicole)- Due 3/9/13, team Blue with twins! Strict bed rest at 20w due to preeclampsia.

luelue77- Due 3/29/13, team Blue- Evan Parker! Hospital bed rest since 21w due to short cervix/early dilation/cerclage/rupture.  

JordynLeighx3 - Due 4/3/12, team Pink with twins - Isla June and Halle Elizabeth! Complete bed rest at 20w due to shortened cervix w/ funneling. 

Breanna113- Due 5/2/13, team Green. Modified bed rest since 5w due to SCH, low progesterone, partial pPROM, PTL & pre-e with DD as well as seizures.

~~~***Remembering FullHeartMama's baby girl Ansley, born 11/4/12: She is not forgotten!***~~~

Occasionally we will do some housekeeping this week and remove people who we have not heard from in over 4 weeks. If you notice that you've been removed and would like to be re-added, no problem! Simply re-post your info here. Just trying to keep our list up-to-date.

So, any updates? What's on your mind this week? How are you doing mentally/physically this week?

GTKY: Let's do this again... Bed rest: how many weeks down/how many to go? (If you know). Also, if you are taking pills, injections, whatever and you have a rough count on those too, include that too. There's a light at the end of the tunnel! Sometimes seeing it written down makes it seem more doable. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Anniversary

Re: ***Weekly Bed Rest Check-In*** 12/14/12

• Hi - I am new to these check ins. I am due on 2/14/13 with my 4th child. I was team green until my ultrasound tech had a slip up a couple of days ago and told me the gender... so now I am joining team pink :) I was placed on strict bedrest yesterday at 31 weeks for preterm labor contracting every 3-6 minutes. My LO has IUGR due to a bad placenta so hopefully she stays cooking for a bit longer. I was given terbutaline yesterday which did nothing for me and sent home with nifedipine. From what I understand my peri doesn't want me to go full term because of my placenta but would like to see her reach 4lbs before we deliver. I look forward to getting to know you all :)
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Im am spending the night in labor and delivery. I am dilated 1 cm and having small contractions but my cerclage is still holding. They are just going to monitor me to make sure its not the start of labor. Hope not because this baby needs to cook for a few more weeks!
  • Loading the player...
  • imageashbee0223:
    Im am spending the night in labor and delivery. I am dilated 1 cm and having small contractions but my cerclage is still holding. They are just going to monitor me to make sure its not the start of labor. Hope not because this baby needs to cook for a few more weeks!

Eek! T&Ps!! I hope everything goes ok! Keep us updated. 

Anniversary

• LD here too must be something in the air.
    Jayme
    Boy 16, Boy 15, Boy 13, Girl 10, Girl 8 & Twin Boys 3, and Bacon!
    Twin A is in REMISSION!
    23 week loss, 24 week loss, 3 early miscarriages & a 25 weeker who lived only 9 weeks.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • GTKY: Let's do this again... Bed rest: how many weeks down/how many to go? (If you know). Also, if you are taking pills, injections, whatever and you have a rough count on those too, include that too. There's a light at the end of the tunnel! Sometimes seeing it written down makes it seem more doable. 

I have survived 7 weeks of bed rest at home and 5 in the hospital so far. I have 6 more weeks until I am 36 weeks and that is when my doctor would like to deliver.

I am taking procardia every 4 hours. It seems to be helping so far. I have been contracting today but it appears to have gotten a little bit better.

imagePhotobucket

Married 09.9.11 (Me:31 and DH:31)
    Left Tubal Ligation in 2004
    1.2.12 BFP
    1.16.12 LAP due to Ectopic @ 7w, Right Tubal Ligation
    3.19.12 IVF #1 - Stims (Lupron + Gonal F + Luveris)
    3.29 ER - 6 snowbabies (ET postponed due to OHSS)
    FET 6/6 - transferred two 4AB snowbabies
    Beta #1 6/16 = 683, Beta #2 6/18 = 1703, Beta #3 6/20 = 4073, u/s #1 @ 5wks = TWINS!!, 7w u/s two heartbeats <3<3 TWIN BOYS<br>

***SAIFW & PAIFW***

Pregnancy Ticker

imageimageimage

• ::lurking::

I'm glad you are continuing the check ins, Raeily! I actually didn't start them but took over from Kadyra when she had her baby back in Sept.

Violet has been home for a week now. I sometimes look at her and can't believe she's really here, full term and perfectly healthy. She's beautiful and was worth every struggle. She's nursing well and her big sis is absolutely in love with her.

I survived 21 weeks of bed rest. 24 injections. Way more pills than I could count, upwards of 900. Had 5 hospital visits this pregnancy, including delivery. DH and I joked that ironically, of my visits to Labor and Delivery, delivering Violet was actually my shortest stay!

I'll get around to writing my birth story sometime soon, hopefully! Life's a little crazy right now with a newborn and a 3 yo!

Just want to offer encouragement to other bed resters. I made it!! You can too.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Just spent the night in LD for overnight BP monitoring and received two doses of steroid shots just in case pree gets more severe. OBs are hoping I will make it to 34 weeks, I'm hoping for at least that plus more!! So if 34 is my true target, 13 days to go!

Good luck everyone!

DS1: Quinn - 10.22.10 and DS2: Cole - 01.18.13

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"