Baby Names

What do you think about...

Camryn or Cameron for a girl?  I like Cameron but I think Camryn looks more feminine.

Re: What do you think about...

• cameron is a boys name to me which i dont like

camryn is even worse and doesnt make the name more feminine

• Don't mind Cameron but detest Camryn. A Y does NOT make a name more feminine.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • I think Cameron is fine; adding a y to make it more feminine is not great though. I don't think adding a y makes a name more girly. It just looks misspelled to me.
    Lilypie - (KNqh)
  • Cameron is a boy's name no matter how you misspell it.
  • Cameron is a boy's name although I know a little girl named Dylan and I can't see her with any other name.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    TTGP March Siggy Challenge
  • a friend from HS just had a little girl named Camryn. It was Cameron until about 3 weeks before she was due and changed the spelling. I think spelling does make a name feminine/masculine. and Cameron Diaz is a girl (woman) so I don't know why these people think its a boy name. Name your child what you want and spell it how you want. 
  • I agree witth pp about adding the "y" not being a good idea. However, I think of Cameron Diaz, and I don't jump to thinking "boy name."
  • I love Cameron as a girl's name (obviously-it's DD's!)  I had originally thought to spell it Camryn but DH vetoed that flat out.  I know to a lot of people it's a boy name, but I have known 3 Cameron's (different spellings) that have all been girls and have never met a boy Cameron so in my mind it's a girl name.  Cameron Diaz anyone?  It helped that DH worked with this incredibly intelligent amazing female engineer that was also named Cameron while I was pregnant last time.  :)  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Don't like the name but if you are using it Cameron is much better.
  • imageJoy2611:

EDIT: And to everyone saying "Cameron Diaz" like she's the be all and end all of anything, I have to ask: Is Maxwell now a feminine name because Jessica Simpson was idiot enough to put it on a girl?  ::eye roll::

It's not that Cameron Diaz is the end all be all of anything-it's just an example of a female Cameron that most people have heard of.  I don't think anyone is claiming it's not a boy name-it's just what people are exposed to that alters their opinion of a name.   

• imageKrisands:
    Don't mind Cameron but detest Camryn. A Y does NOT make a name more feminine.

This. Camryn and Cameron sound exactly the same. No one will know it's a youneek spelling until it's written down. 

Dx PCOS 09/12
    Married my best friend 10/12/12
    TTC 1 since 10/12
    NTNP Fall 2013 to focus on a healthier lifestyle
    Anniversary

• imageRiverSong82:
    I think Cameron is fine; adding a y to make it more feminine is not great though. I don't think adding a y makes a name more girly. It just looks misspelled to me.

This. And I must say, I do like Cameron for a girl. It is a GP name for me. 

• LOVE Cameron for a girl.
  • I prefer Cameron on a boy, but it is used as unisex. If you like that, go with the real spelling. Camryn is youneek and terrible, imho.
    BabyFetus Ticker Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • imagemagsugar13:

cameron is a boys name to me which i dont like

I totally agree. I'm not a fan of the name anyway and Camryn is just a made up spelling of it. If you must use the name on a girl just spell it the traditional way.

• imageWashingtonQueen:
    Cameron is a boy's name no matter how you misspell it.

Agree! 

Henry Cavill...You're welcome!

BFP #3: EDD 1/10/13 **DS born 12/30/12!!!**
    BFP #2: MC 7/2/11 @ 12 weeks
    **Missing our February '12 LoveBug**
    BFP #1: MMC discovered on 12/6/10

Anniversary

• I actually like the spelling Camryn for a girl. Go for it!
  • I'm not a fan of boy names for girls. But I've seen it spelled both ways for girls. it just depends on how much you want your kid to have to continually correct the spelling of her name.
    _______________________________________________________________________________________

Jacob & Audra - married since 05.28.11
    Emma Kate - born 10.16.03 @ 29 weeks, weighed 1lb 13oz and 13.5" long.
    Ozzy Joseph - born 11.01.13 @ 31 weeks, weighed 3lbs 7oz and 16" long.
    TTC #3
    _______________________________________________________________________________________

• I have always met boys with that name.
  • Please, for the love of God, people who have girls need to:

1. Stop using all the boy names for girls.  I just know DS's name is going to be next and it makes me mad.

2. Stop spelling them with Ys and acting like names that are pronounced the same but misspelled are somehow more feminine.  They are just misspelled.

DD born 10/10/07 * DS born 11/25/11 * #3 due 3/9/2015
  • imageJoy2611:

EDIT: And to everyone saying "Cameron Diaz" like she's the be all and end all of anything, I have to ask: Is Maxwell now a feminine name because Jessica Simpson was idiot enough to put it on a girl?  ::eye roll::

I happen to personally know 3 different non-celebrity women named Cameron. I thought it was fairly accepted as a female name. But that's just what I've been exposed to. 

But OP please, please don't put a Y in there. That just makes it incorrectly spelled, not feminine. 

September '15 siggy challenge: Happy Dance
    dancing,ron swanson,gifs,drunk,funny
  • It's a boy name but if you want to use it on a girl spell it properly. Cameron.
  • imagemagsugar13:

cameron is a boys name to me which i dont like

This.  

Spontaneous pregnancy #1
    DD1 July 31, 2011

Trying for #2 since Oct 11
    732973 Clomid Cycles
    2 IUIs 
    3 Fresh IVFs= 1 Ectopic treated with MTX
    Spontaneous pregnancy #2= Ectopic #2= lost left tube
    Spontaneous pregnancy #3= DD2 January 29, 2016
    Spontaneous pregnancy #4= Ectopic #3
    Spontaneous pregnancy #5= Baby #3 is a BOY!!! 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • My old boss (female) was Cameron but went by Cammie. Which I kinda thought was a bit little girly on an adult but cute for a little girl.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I know a couple of girl Camerons and think it is cute. I prefer the traditional spelling over the "y".
  • I think of it as a boy name.  Sorry.

• Cameron. And only Cameron. 
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Cameron is lovely!
  • I don't mind Cameron for a girl.   I don't like the spelling Camryn.  
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • I don't like either for a girl. It's a boy name to me.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"