December 2012 Moms

the delivery i didn't want but wouldn't change for the world

On Dec. 3, DH and I were sitting in the OB waiting room talking about how easy our pregnancy has been and how grateful we were for it.  An hour later I left the doctors office in tears.  While there, we found that baby had dropped, but she was posterior, my amniotic fluid levels were low, and I had no dilation or effacement.  We went through the Bishop Index with the doctor and talked about induction, but scored a 2.  That would not be worth it.  

I had wanted a med free natural birth, but found out the next morning I would be delivering my baby girl via c section.  I was terrified.  I had done so much reading on natural birth and pain management and blah blah blah that would not apply now. I had done ZERO reading on a c section! So I spent the day reading up, getting last minute supplies, contacting my close family and friends, and fighting the tears.  I think the tears were more fear than anything.  I felt so unprepared.  

The next morning we went in for the c section.  The only pain I felt was the prick of the needle for my IV.  I didn't even feel the spinal block.  DH watched the whole thing and told me what he was seeing and then he stood up right as I heard LOs first cry.  Hearing that noise and then seeing her being examined by the pediatrician was the most beautiful thing ever.  All my fears were gone.  Honestly I did not know love like this existed until I got to see my baby girl.  I could not take my eyes off of her, and I still can't.  My bond with DH is somehow stronger too.  It is hard work having somebody be so dependent on me 24/7.  It is not something I could have prepared for.  All the hard work is worth it though.  I have a beautiful, healthy baby girl sleeping on the couch next to me right now.  Recovery has not been bad at all.  The second day was the worst, especially shaking through my first shower, but after that I've regained strength, lost 2/3s the baby weight and I'm feeling great. I wouldn't change any of it for the world.    

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: the delivery i didn't want but wouldn't change for the world

• Congratulations!!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BFP#1 on 02/14/09 BIRTH to Mason 6lb9oz on 10/12/09

BFP#2 on 5/28/11 EDD 2/1/12 Natural M/C on 6/13/11

BFP#3 on 1/20/12 EDD 9/30/12 Natural m/c on 1/27/12

BFP#4 on 4/23/12 BIRTH to Isabella 7lb1oz on 12/19/12

• Congratulations!
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Congrats on your baby girl!

I have also not done any reading on c-sec and would be disappointed not to deliver med-free, but we do what we gotta do!

m/c 12/20/09 @ 5 1/2 weeks ~ CP 1/25/09 @ 4 weeks ~ missed m/c 4/6/10 (stopped growing @ 6 weeks, stayed with me until 10) ~Foster parent to B, 9/10-1/12~ Proud Mother of Gage Stephen, born 12/26/12 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Congratulations! And I'm very happy for you that you are accepting of your delivery. I can't imagine it's easy to do, but you seem to really have a great way of looking at :)
    photo 928560AF-AAA0-4036-A0DB-1781F180055B-8057-000009B95DF7BAAA_zps4aeff975.jpg Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Congrats! Happy you and your little one are doing well!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Congratulations and it seems that while this was not the labor or delivery you had imagined, everything worked out in the end, which is all you can ask for. 

Continued healthy vibes your way and enjoy motherhood! 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Blogging about boobs, babies, bed lust & everything in between since 2007.
  • Congrats.  Despite the circumstances, I'm glad you and your healthy baby girl are home and relaxing on the couch.  It's a crazy kind of love, isn't it?  Enjoy every second of it.  

• Congratulations!! :) I had a c-section too.. not bad at all! :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Thanks for posting this. I had a c-section the 4th as well, and had a relatively good experience, although mine was after 36 hours of labor. I didn't want it either, but feel good about it. I'm so proud of you for focusing on your beautiful baby instead of regretting what might have been... There is so much emphasis on natural vaginal births it can be a challenge to change your plan.
  • Congratulations!!!
    BabyFetus Ticker image
    Due 12.12.12
  • Congrats! I'm so happy to hear you had a safe delivery and you now have a happy and healthy baby! :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"