December 2011 Moms

cost of santa photos

Just curious what the prices are like in your area

Here they start at 22 and extra sheets are 14.
Or there is one where you make a donation to the Christmas Bureau and get to snap your own photo.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: cost of santa photos

• We have Santa come to our church every year and it's $5/print and the photographer donates all the money after expenses to the church.  They in turn give him some advertising (i.e. mention in the bulletin) out of the deal so it works out great!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • at the malls around here I think it's around $25 for the smallest package.  We went to a local plant nursery who lets you take your own pics for free :)
    AVT - 12.2.11

LCT - 5.15.14 ~ 9lbs, 22.5 inches

• Loading the player...
  • We got it done at Disney and paid 10 for a photo download so we could print ourselves.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Our mall packages started at $25 for ONE photo so we just went with the disk that was $30
  • We paid 22 at the mall for 3 pics of DD crying with Santa.

TTC#1 for 19 months with PCOS and MFI IUI#3 + injectables = BFP!!!!  Beta#1-134(13dpiui) Beta #2-392(15dpiui) 
    #1 born December 2011
    TTC#2 - Beta #1 -51@10dpo Beta#2 -1353 @16dpo
    #2 born May 2013
    TTC # 3 June 2014 BFP 12-1-14
    #3 born August 2015 
    #4!!!!!!! due June 2017 
  • Free at Santa's Wonderland inside of Bass Pro Shop in the Houston area.  You get 2 5X7 prints.
  • This post makes me sick! I can't even imagine and had no idea people were forced to pay this much!

Locally we have a Bass Pro Shop. They give you a free 4x6 that's really pretty nice quality. You have the option to buy a package---which we denied. Visiting Santa also included a free candy cane, a ticket for a free child's entree, and free games/crafts (which of course we couldn't take advantage of).

Small businesses around usually have "Santa" on a Saturday and ask you to bring your camera for your own pictures. They do this free of charge in hopes you'll buy something at their store.

....I have no clue what the mall Santa charges. I fear to look after reading this post. Indifferent

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We paid over $40 for the digitals and the hard copies. Ridiculous I know but I don't plan to do it every year. So surprised my husband didn't have an issue with it! LOL!

• We got so lucky this year!  My best friend's bank was doing them for free!  I think our mall is around $25 though.
  • 14 for two 5x7s at the mall. The smallest package was 20 something but I asked if they had a single picture cost and that was what I got. I don't think they take them as close that way but they are never that great of pictures any way so I don't mind.
  • imageEAMartin1004:

Here the minumum package is $21 for 2 - 4x6s and it goes up from there.  We are trying to determine whether or not to do santa pictures this year.  DD has massive stranger anxiety, so do we really want to torture her for a $21 picture where she'll likely be crying???  I am thinking we wait until she really understand's the whole santa thing.  But will we regret not doing the picture this year so we can have something for her baby book.  We didn't do one last year because she was in the NICU.

Not really looking for an answer here...just talking outloud, so to speak.  =)

Our Santa picture with DS was in the PICU with two Marines (handsome gent's too!)... It was one of those not expecting it moments that was like "well, if we don't get it now, we might not get one..."

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • imageMrsT2008:
    at the malls around here I think it's around $25 for the smallest package.  We went to a local plant nursery who lets you take your own pics for free :)

Same here for us!  This is the 2nd year we've done that and we love it.  The Santa there is awesome.  He takes a lot of time with each family.  We probably spent 20-30 minutes with him and we were able to bring our dog in.  They don't have a photographer there so you're on your own.  We love it!

I also heard that PetSmart does a good job.  I looked it up and its $10 for a photo and obviously you can print your pets along with your kids! 

• imageHappily Overwhelmed:

Small businesses around usually have "Santa" on a Saturday and ask you to bring your camera for your own pictures. They do this free of charge in hopes you'll buy something at their store.

This is what we'll do.  The baby boutique in town has Santa there for free.  Everything else in the store is outrageously expensive...but I have a coupon!

imageimage

BabyFruit Ticker
  • We paid 5 for a 4x6 of both the boys last night at the ky horse park when we went to see their Southern Lights exhibit. Ds1 wasn't too sure about him, but LO loved him. Tonight at our work Christmas party, they had a Santa come for the kids. I took another pic for free with my own camera and it turned out better than the one we bought! But this time, ds1 loved Santa and talked his leg off, even followed him to the door lol. LO was not so impressed by this Santa, but still didn't cry!
  • The price at our local mall is around 20 for one photo. We weren't planning to do photos since DD has some stranger anxiety. I really am not a big fan of it anyway. But then on Friday evening at my office family Christmas party, one of the dads who usually dresses up as Santa was sick. My DH got roped into it instead. So we were able to get a picture of DD on Santa Dad's lap. She is leaning away from him giving a "are you kidding me?" Kind of look. That is priceless!
  • Cheapest package was $21; I paid $35 for two 5x7s and two 4x6s, which was the cheapest package with a CD included (you can buy a CD separately with any package but it costs almost as much as the packages that include one anyway).  They also give you a coupon for a free photo book from Snapfish.  I wasn't terribly impressed with the quality, but both kids are looking at the camera and not crying, so it was a success as far as that goes.  We always did Santa pictures at the mall when I was a kid and I had never really thought about doing them anywhere else until this thread, but I think next  year I'll look for a place where I can take my own.  I don't mind paying if I can use my own camera.

I will say I did really like the Santa at the mall where we went and the whole setup, which was very nice (there was a Mrs. Santa too!) and not too cheesy.  It wasn't very busy when we went, so DD got to spend a decent amount of time with Santa and we weren't rushed.

DD born 10/10/07 * DS born 11/25/11 * #3 due 3/9/2015
  • It was free if you brought a toy to donate. Otherwise 15
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"