February 2013 Moms

Planned c-section early freak out

So my dr and I discussed my c-section date (currently on blood thinners, my first son was a an emergency c-section... Just for a little background) 

I was fine with the idea up until 10 min ago when I visited the c section board for the first time ever.   Even though my emergency c section was totally fine and I was feeling great quickly afterwards ... And had no worries during prep... Now that I read through posts on that board I'm officially freaked. 

Anyone planning a c section and feeling the same? Or someone please just talk some sense into me and help me relax!! 

Re: Planned c-section early freak out

• I've got nothing but to say you've got an advantage over those of us that don't have any experience with c sections. If you're first one went well I'm sure this one will be a breeze too. Good luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm having a scheduled c-section too.  My DD was an emergency c-section as well and, unfortunately, my county doesn't allow VBACs.  I am nervous, mostly about recovery because last time the recovery was the worst part.  I'm hoping this time will be easier because I will be at a better hospital and also I won't have gone through labor before.  Good luck!  Hopefully everything will go smoothly for both of us!
  • Loading the player...
  • imageLegsMcGee:
    So my dr and I discussed my csection date currently on blood thinners, my first son was a an emergency csection... Just for a little backgroundnbsp;nbsp;I was fine with the idea up until 10 min ago when I visited the c section board for the first time ever. nbsp; Even though my emergency c section was totally fine and I was feeling great quickly afterwards ... And had no worries during prep... Now that I read through posts on that board I'm officially freaked.nbsp;nbsp;Anyone planning a c section and feeling the same? Or someone please just talk some sense into me and help me relax!!nbsp;nbsp;

I am having a recurring csection. After this post I won't be visiting the board.
    My first was an emergency csection all was fine so I know this one will be too.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I am also having a RCS after months and months of debate.  I was going to try for a VBAC but in the end we have decided a RCS is the best option for us.  I am scheduled for 1/31/13!  There are some icky stories on the C/S board but also some very encouraging ones.

I had an emergency C/S with my son after hours and hours of labor.  It was a traumatic experience but the recovery itself wasn't bad at all.  I feel like having a RCS will be much easier b/c I will be having the surgery w/o my body going through all of that trauma...know what I mean?

In the end I just want my baby to be healthy and if that means a RCS is the best way to do that then so be it!

ALSO-I will be writing a birth plan this time around so that I feel like I have some control over what's going on.  There are some online that I got ideas from and I have found that helpful too.

Good Luck!

• I think I picked all the wrong threads to read in that board.  I should know this will be ok... I was fine after the first c-section... I should be ok with this one.  I need to calm down.  Thanks for offering some sanity ladies. :)
  • I'll be having my third c/s on February 1st.  

You'll be okay.  I promise.  Stop going over to that board and reading those posts!! 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • We all freak out about something every now and then.  Having a c/s is a big deal but you are a veteran so you know what someone else experiences is not the same as what you will experience.  I will be having my 3rd in February.  First was an emergency with a 5 day hospital stay because of fever.  The second, I was out of there in a day and a half.  I think the only thing I might do differently is a natural cesarean. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • I am having my second planned c-section with this baby. This is my view of the perks:

1. No labor pains!

2. Know when things are going to happen!

3. Lie on the table and have a baby 20 minutes later!

4. No vaginal pain!

5. Less bleeding postpartum!

6. Wear makeup to the hospital and look fabulous in the birth photos!

I'm stretching it with that last one, but a planned c-section means not as much is left up to chance. And you've already had one, so you know what to expect. I would suspect you'll also be more prepared and less stressed, given this one won't be in an emergent situation.

I have no choice but c-sections due to medical reasons, like you, and so I just choose to embrace that there are benefits to c-sections. Yes, you're having surgery, yes, the recovery takes some time, but you will not go to the bathroom on the table. (When all else fails, tell yourself that. It always makes me feel better.)

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • I totally feel the same. It just started this week. My son was an emergency c-section as well. The past week, the thought of doing it again terrifies me. I had such a long recovery, and I still remember the pain of even getting out of bed or taking a shower. The past two nights I've had horrible dreams of surgery and doctors removing organs, etc. I'm not afraid of the surgery itself, but the idea of what it feels like afterwards really makes me nervous. Sorry I don't have much reassurance, but you aren't the only one!
  • imagewalter7878:

I am having my second planned c-section with this baby. This is my view of the perks:

1. No labor pains!

2. Know when things are going to happen!

3. Lie on the table and have a baby 20 minutes later!

4. No vaginal pain!

5. Less bleeding postpartum!

6. Wear makeup to the hospital and look fabulous in the birth photos!

I'm stretching it with that last one, but a planned c-section means not as much is left up to chance. And you've already had one, so you know what to expect. I would suspect you'll also be more prepared and less stressed, given this one won't be in an emergent situation.

I have no choice but c-sections due to medical reasons, like you, and so I just choose to embrace that there are benefits to c-sections. Yes, you're having surgery, yes, the recovery takes some time, but you will not go to the bathroom on the table. (When all else fails, tell yourself that. It always makes me feel better.)

#6 is awesome lol.   I'm gonna get my hair blown out, my eyebrows done, take time with my makeup... I see the perks! 

• I've had two natural (no pain meds at all) births and am facing a c/s with this one due to placenta previa.  When they first mentioned it I didn't feel scared at all.  I had an ultrasound today and the previa has not changed at all in the past four weeks.  Suddenly, I'm starting to freak out.  I was about to head to the c/s board to see if it would calm my nerves but now I'm thinking I better stay away for awhile.
    Samuel  2.26.06 41w ASD/ADHD
    Eli  6.18.09 35.5w
    Silas  1.25.13 35.4w 10 days NICU, allergies/asthma, gluten intolerant

• I just scheduled mine as well, I've had a emergency c-section with my son, and due to it being so unexpected in my naive little mind, I was pretty devastated. This time around, I'm happy it happened because I get the option to have one another and my husband has a chance to meet his daughter before he leaves overseas. So the perks are I know what to expect this time, and I won't be boohooing all the way to the OR, and therefore won't look a hot mess. My husband sees our baby, and I agree with some of the other ladies perks. It could be a good thing. 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Maternity tickers BabyName Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"