June 2013 Moms

AW: Hello "honeymoon" period!

I've arrived! I heard that in the second trimester it is somewhat of a "honeymoon" period. Your energy comes back, you start "nesting", you can eat real food again, the m/s stops and you may actually want to have sex with your SO. Well I totally thought this was a lie because at 12 weeks, 13 weeks and 14 weeks I still felt like garbage. However, now I think I feel it! I've had an awesome week...I organized closets, deep cleaned the house, I can eat certain foods again (not all and I still can't be in the room with raw chicken but its improving) and I actually had sex with my husband a few times this week and even initiated it this morning. I'm back to my treadmill routine in the morning and my little doggy is getting his long afternoon walks again! I really hope this lasts because its wonderful to feel like a human being again. I hope everybody is at this point or reaches it soon because after 3 1/2 months of throwing up and generally feeling like crap all day long we deserve it!
Mama to Sophie Virginia
born 5/4/13 at 35 weeks 4 days

Re: AW: Hello "honeymoon" period!

• "...its wonderful to feel like a human being again." I second that!! I felt like a stranger the past few months, its soooo good to be back to normal.
  • imagejoebecca2012:
    "...its wonderful to feel like a human being again." I second that!! I felt like a stranger the past few months, its soooo good to be back to normal.

I really want to feel like a human being again too!!! I hope it happens for me soon! Glad you guys are there!!
    Kristen's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • The first day I woke up without nausea, I climbed out of bed - did a superhero pose (fists clenched, and on my hips, chest puffed out, biiiiig grin) and announced to my husband: 

"I think I am going to get dressed without taking a break today."  

HA!

• imageBallet513:
    I've arrived! I heard that in the second trimester it is somewhat of a "honeymoon" period. Your energy comes back, you start "nesting", you can eat real food again, the m/s stops and you may actually want to have sex with your SO. Well I totally thought this was a lie because at 12 weeks, 13 weeks and 14 weeks I still felt like garbage. However, now I think I feel it! I've had an awesome week...I organized closets, deep cleaned the house, I can eat certain foods again (not all and I still can't be in the room with raw chicken but its improving) and I actually had sex with my husband a few times this week and even initiated it this morning. I'm back to my treadmill routine in the morning and my little doggy is getting his long afternoon walks again! I really hope this lasts because its wonderful to feel like a human being again. I hope everybody is at this point or reaches it soon because after 3 1/2 months of throwing up and generally feeling like crap all day long we deserve it!

...can you come over to my house and do all that? Except, obvs, the having sex with the husband part. 

• I can't wait for this!!!! It's been a rough time. 
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • so jealous! I'm hoping that the "honeymoon" period is in the near future for me!

Started TTC Nov. 2011 

1st clomid cycle June 2012- No response :: HSG August 2012- Left tube blocked, right tube clear :: 2nd clomid cycle Aug. 2012 BFN :: 3rd clomid cycle Sept. 2012 :: BFP Sept 30th :: DS born 6/15/13 :: BFP #2 7/29/14 M/C 8/5/14 :: BFP#3 10/20/14 DD born 7/1/2015 :: Applied to be surrogate April '17 :: Transferred 1 Embryo for IFs Dec. '17 :: Surro Babe born 9/11/18 :: Started 2nd Journey May '19 :: Transferred 1 Embryo for new IFs 9/24/19 :: HB 138 at 6w6d

• I really hope this is coming for me. I am so tired of feeling like crap.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • imageRachelTMom:

The first day I woke up without nausea, I climbed out of bed - did a superhero pose (fists clenched, and on my hips, chest puffed out, biiiiig grin) and announced to my husband: 

"I think I am going to get dressed without taking a break today."  

HA!

This is hilarious! Mine was at dinner time one night last week - it was the first night in 2 months that I didn't want to hurl at the smell of dinner. I was so excited, I cried during my meal.

Lilypie - (tQ1Y)

Lilypie - (Rgc4)

Daisypath - (bXqd)

Natural miscarriage @ 8 weeks - 3/8/2005
    Big Brother "Skippy" born - 2/28/2007
    Missed miscarriage - (EDD 3/5/2013) - D&E @ 11 weeks - 8/8/2012
    "Hen" (EDD 6/7/2013) - born sleeping @ 19 weeks - 1/15/2013
    "G-Unit" born - 4/14/2014 and he's 100% perfection!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"