October 2012 Moms

Feeling down today

Mobile:feeling down today 

I just need to vent, complain, ramble whatever.  

Parker is 5 days shy of. Being two months old. He has spent most of his days awake with maybe 20 minute catnap in the morning and one in the afternoon.  He fights me to take naps and spent the first month screaming at me all day long.  He's been STTN for almost a month now which is nice.  I'm worried about him starting daycare because he doesn't nap and spends about 3 to 4 hours a day screaming at me still.  I've tried the 5 S's, he's on Zantac for reflux, and nutramigen for a MSPI...I feel like I've tried it all.  Someone gives me a suggestion and I try it.  Our pedi said some babies just cry.  I read all these posts and stories about babies being happy and taking 2 to 3 hour naps and think to myself am I doing something wrong?  

If you made it through thanks for reading.  I just needed to write my feelings out.  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Oct Angel Babies

Re: Feeling down today

• I could have written this almost verbatum. My guy will be 2 months next week and I have tried everything you have except change formula, which I will be talking to the pedi about next week. I'm scared he will be kicked out of daycare or not taken care of well enough because he needs non stop attention during the day. Sadly he doesn't sleep through the night like yours. : I am exhausted and tired of people thinking I am exaggerating. Trust me I was a full time nanny for a newborn and twin toddlers. It was nothing like this
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • DD was a catnapper, it is so frustrating.  I heard that daycare is awsome about getting kiddos on a schedule though, so maybe that will be a blessing. DD was (and still is) a very high maintenace baby too.  I remember at around ten weeks she would wake up a happy but by ten am it went all downhill. So much so that I would literrally say goodbye to her becuase I knew I wouldn't see happy baby until the next day and would be only be trying to comfort a screaming baby for the rest of the day.  it wasn't until about 5 months that I got her on a schdule and her crying tapered off. She also didn't sttn until 15 months.

But it does get better and you will get more confident about your skills as a mom. And that helps too. 

Hugs though, we all have days where we wish that things or that a fairy god mother could just give us a magic solution.

Hey I just met you, and you're my baby. This is your family, we're kind of crazy...Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie - (tl9S)Lilypie - (zrx8)imageimageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Just know your not alone. My LO is 7 weeks today and I still feel like I haven't fully bonded with him b/c any time he is awake he is crying/fussing/screaming at me. I told my husband that I don't feel like he likes me or knows I'm his mom. Mine naps but doesn't sleep through the night. We just switched from being EBF to Alimentum for suspected food allergies as well.  I cried my eyes out to my pedi yesterday and she told me that with her first baby she was the happiest baby and felt like the best mom ever, and with her second he cried ALL the time and she felt miserable and thought she would never have her life back. She reassured me that it WILL get better we just don't know when. Just remember it won't last forever. And for people who tell me "oh enjoy every minute b/c they grow so fast, blah, blah, blah!!!"  Have never had a colicky baby screaming at them for hours on end. A couple times a day DS will grin at me or fall asleep on my chest and I just try to really cherish those moments and soak in every minute before the screaming starts!  

you can take this or leave it (I'm not sure how I feel about it) but I have a friend who swears by the chiropractor for colicky babies. She took her daughter in a couple times and swore she had drastic improvement. They aren't popping bones or anything but I think maybe massaging certain pressure points that help relieve discomfort in babies.  Again not really sure how i feel about it but wanted to through it out there. Hope things getter better for both of us soon!

imagefriday chic:

Mobile:feeling down today 

I just need to vent, complain, ramble whatever.  

Parker is 5 days shy of. Being two months old. He has spent most of his days awake with maybe 20 minute catnap in the morning and one in the afternoon.  He fights me to take naps and spent the first month screaming at me all day long.  He's been STTN for almost a month now which is nice.  I'm worried about him starting daycare because he doesn't nap and spends about 3 to 4 hours a day screaming at me still.  I've tried the 5 S's, he's on Zantac for reflux, and nutramigen for a MSPI...I feel like I've tried it all.  Someone gives me a suggestion and I try it.  Our pedi said some babies just cry.  I read all these posts and stories about babies being happy and taking 2 to 3 hour naps and think to myself am I doing something wrong?  

If you made it through thanks for reading.  I just needed to write my feelings out.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thanks ladies :
    People think we are exaggerating too when we tell them how he is during the day!
    We have taken him to our chiropractor a few times because it helps his reflux : doesn't help his crabbiness though :
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Oct Angel Babies
  • My DS barely naps during day time and if he does its less than an hour and most of the time on me. He also never sleeps longer than 3 hours at night, in fact last night he was up ever 1.5 hours. So i know how you feel especially when he is screaming on top of his lungs even after Ive done everything. 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • No advice but hang in there, mama. Crying is hard to handle in small doses but in big chunks like that it is super stressful.
    Birthday

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Hugs you are doing a fabulous job! terrified because B will start daycare at 5 mos but he sleeps on his tummy a huge failure!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"