Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

Decreased breaskmilk supply **HELP**

Just wanted to see if anyone had any other tips on how to increase breastmilk supply. My LO is 5 months & eats 4oz. every 3 hours. Up until this point I have made enough for her until this week I am only pumping 2.5oz. every 3 hours. Nothing has changed, I still pump at the same times at work, taking fenugreek, drinking lots of water.. I'm feeling a little down bc I really dont want to stop nursing this early so if you have any tips it would be greatly appreciated! =/
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Decreased breaskmilk supply **HELP**

• Options
    I got the idea from this same board awhile back to take calcium magnesium zinc pills 3 times a day I have been doing that and taking the fenugreek 3 times a day and my prenatal and I have noticed an increase!
  • Options
    Change all the soft parts on your pump. They wear out fast, and sometimes changing to fresh new ones can make a big difference!

Also know that if you need to start supplementing, you can def still continue to nurse when you are w your lo. It's not all or nothing, so don't give up hope!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagehollandamerica:
    I got the idea from this same board awhile back to take calcium magnesium zinc pills 3 times a day I have been doing that and taking the fenugreek 3 times a day and my prenatal and I have noticed an increase!

This the calcium magnesium and zinc pills are amazing!! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

Eat well, rest as much as you can, and try to work in an extra pump session or two for a while to boost your supply.  Fenugreek can help but it can take a bit of time to see the results.  If you are having trouble, see an LC or talk to your doc.  They can give you lots of tips for increasing your supply.

Also, just because your supply is decreasing, it does not mean you have to quit.  You just might have to supplement a bit with formula.  The supplementing might just be temporary.  I had to supplement for about three weeks but I got back to exclusive breastfeeding with some help from an LC.

• Options
    I will start oatmeal back up tomorrow, I had actually been eating that every morning but stopped.. My eating habits haven't changed, & I just recently switched the soft parts out on my pump. I will definately try the calcium pills! Do they all come in one pill? & its just once a day??
  • Options
    1 pill I got mine at walmart, they say 3 times a day to increase, 2 times a day to maintain! Good luck!
  • Options
    Maybe look into More Milk Plus or Mother's Milk Tea. Or you could try power pumping once a day (20 minutes pumping, 10 minutes off, 10 pumping, 10 off, 10 pumping). 

• Options
    As always, thanks for the wonderful advice ladies! I will put it all to good use :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"