May 2013 Moms

Comments that deserve a punch to the throat!

Ok, I kid!  But sometimes I wish I could... 

Stupid me decided to post a 17 week belly picture (the one I posted to HDBD) to my Facebook and I had a few people say things like:

"Twins?"

"Wow...you're big for 17 weeks"

"You're gonna be huge by May!"

Geez....thanks!  I would never say that to ANYONE...ever.  Doesn't help that I'm overly sensitive lately.  Anyone else have people making stupid idiotic comments to them? 

image BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Comments that deserve a punch to the throat!

• What is wrong with people? That's why FB sucks most of the time! I would delete my friendship with them! lol
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

CafeMom Tickers

• I respond back with snarky comments. Which I am in real life so people just laugh it off.

Youre going to be HUGE .... well at least Im having a baby WHY ARE YOU?!?!

photo b6d12d4a-3c41-4686-a0af-8cf854f979e4_zpsffdadc4c.jpg Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Geez, you would think by now people would know not to say some of those stupid comments... Especially when speaking of a pregnant lady's belly size! 

My big thing right now is people trying to talk me into finding out the baby's gender in a few weeks...  And the things they say to try and talk me into it are flat out weird/lame/stupid. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageRidgebackMom:
    What is wrong with people? That's why FB sucks most of the time! I would delete my friendship with them! lol

Believe me I was tempted...and still am.  LOL  I won't make that mistake again.  Belly pictures are to be kept to myself and my May mommas!  :) 

image BabyFetus Ticker
  • imagestacia601:
    Oh my!  I'm sure they didn't mean it in a rude way, but still!!!  I missed HDBD, but went back and saw your picture, and I think you look absolutely adorable!

Awww...thanks, Stacia!  :) 

image BabyFetus Ticker
  • imageLadyDelilah:

I respond back with snarky comments. Which I am in real life so people just laugh it off.

Youre going to be HUGE .... well at least Im having a baby WHY ARE YOU?!?!

LOL Oh, I wish I had the balls to say that!  I usually think of witty things to say back when it's just wayyyyy too late.  :) 

image BabyFetus Ticker
  • imageBananaBudBear:

Geez, you would think by now people would know not to say some of those stupid comments... Especially when speaking of a pregnant lady's belly size! 

My big thing right now is people trying to talk me into finding out the baby's gender in a few weeks...  And the things they say to try and talk me into it are flat out weird/lame/stupid. 

Oh, yeah!  We're team green too and I usually have at least one person a day try to convince me why it's a good idea to find out the sex.  I just said they'll find out when DH comes out of the delivery room to announce it.  Yay for Team Green!!  :)

image BabyFetus Ticker
  • image2010Bride2be:

I would have responded to that person (making sure I tagged them) and said something like 'I know! Tell me, what are you doing to try and lose your weight? I could use the tips!'.

But then again, I'm just rude like that.

LOL Again...such a good comeback that I could probably never bring myself to say.  

image BabyFetus Ticker
  • image2010Bride2be:

I would have responded to that person (making sure I tagged them) and said something like 'I know! Tell me, what are you doing to try and lose your weight? I could use the tips!'.

But then again, I'm just rude like that.

::giggle:: youre my new favorite <3

photo b6d12d4a-3c41-4686-a0af-8cf854f979e4_zpsffdadc4c.jpg Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Yeah people suck.

I also think a lot of people have absolutely no idea how big a pregnant woman should be at different times.  On television/movies a lot of time someone is portrayed as 9 months along when they only look to be about 6 months.

Does that make sense?  Like some people have no idea what size you should actually be at different times?  Plus the fact that everyone is different... I dunno. 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Around 13 weeks I had a small rash on my side so I thought I would ask my MIL about it since she is a nurse. Well I have stretch marks from a growth spurt I had as a teen on my hips. She completely bi passed the rash and looked right at my stretch marks and was like "wow getting stretch marks already!" I told her those are very old hence why they are faded and then she continued "oh is that from all of your rapid weight loss and weight gain you have had?" (Ive never had any sort of drastic weight gain/loss) so again I told her those are from my teen years. And she didn't believe me! WTF....grr some people.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Yes I wore a dress with a belt. bad idea! It kept sliding down beneath my bump and a co worker said I look like mrs claus .

People can be so rude
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers IAmPregnant Ticker
  • I have had those comments in person... Way to make me feel like a whale!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • People havent started badgering my about my size yet, but I HATE the "are you sure you can eat that" questions.  Arrrgh.   Do they really think that I'm either a.) too stupid to know better,  or b.) that I truly dont care about potentially hurting my baby by eating something on the Bad List.

And what is really "bad" is a whole other subject, I know.   

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

• People say the most bizarre things, probably out of not knowing what else to say.  Anything that I talk about now seems to be met with a reply like, "It's the pregnancy."
  • Yes...a coworker " Are you getting fat or are you pregnant?"

*sigh*  

BabyFetus Ticker
  • imageMAdams728:
    People havent started badgering my about my size yet, but I HATE the "are you sure you can eat that" questions.nbsp; Arrrgh.nbsp;nbsp; Do they really think that I'm either a. too stupid to know better, nbsp;or b. that I truly dont care aboutnbsp;potentially hurting my baby by eating something on the Bad List.Andnbsp;what is really "bad" is a whole other subject, I know.nbsp; nbsp;

On the subject of food, one of my friends always goes out of her way to ask me about my 'cravings' whenever I see her. I have always worked really hard to stay fit and she knows that gaining weight, even for pregnancy, is a sensitive subject for me. Well, as I'm leaving her house she says 'You look great, now just don't give into those cravings!' I could have throat punched her right there! I'm supposed to be gaining weight for the health of my baby... But thanks for trying to make me feel insecure about what I'm eating! Maybe I'm being overly sensitive but given her competitive nature with me, I feel like it was her taking any opportunity to be condescending toward me. Thanks for letting me vent, that comment REALLY ticked me off.

**BFP 6/2/2015
    Toddler Boy 5/24/2013
  • People are really thoughtless sometimes. I have found that the delete function for FB comments really makes me feel better. Just delete the morons and move on. This time in your life is about joy and don't let them take that away from you. Your bump picture is fantastic. You look like a beautiful and very happy mommy to be. Congrats!
    BabyFruit Ticker image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"