June 2013 Moms

What are you calling baby now?

I don't know the sex, but I am pretty sure this baby is a BOY.  Until I know for sure, I am calling him Babyham Lincoln. 

Anyone else have funny nicknames or decoy names for your teeny ones?

Re: What are you calling baby now?

• I'm calling it Seamus because our last name is Shanteau and it sounds terrible together and thus irritates my husband.  I'm pretty sure it's a girl, but until June, it's Seamus Shanteau.
    L.M.
  • I just keep calling it #2 until we find out the sex and pick a name, lol
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Tater. DH's grandpa started it actually. Or Cletus the Fetus, depending. Lol.

CJ 05/29/2013

• imagelogoz80:
    I just keep calling it #2 until we find out the sex and pick a name, lol

You gotta start calling the baby "What the Deuce" in honor of Stewie Griffin!

• We call it poppyseed - from the original e-mail that says "Your baby is the size of a poppyseed."
  • My DH keeps calling it junior so I have started as well...I bet you can guess what sex my husband wants this baby to be lol!

Me: 33 DH: 39
    DD 1: 5-24-13
    TTC#2: BFP: 8-23-15 MMC: 10-29-15
    DD 2: 9-15-16
    DD 3: 9-16-17

• Eli was Stevie Z until we knew he was a boy, this one doesn't have a good name. I keep saying the new baby or the squishy baby.
    PCOS Dx 12.08 / BFP! 4.22.10 DS1 born 1.4.11 DS2 born 6.19.13
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Roo or Jellybean.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • We're still calling it Squirt or Bill Clinton. I'm still thinking I won't find out the sex, so these names might stick around for a while.
    griffin
  • Trey/Tres.  It's our 3rd.
    BFP 2/14/08, DD1 born 10/11/08 (natural); BFP 5/16/10, DD2 born 01/12/11 (c/s, breech)
    TTC #3: BFP 4/27/12, Ectopic 5/16/12 Expectant Management, 8/15/12 Cleared to TTC
    BFP 9/25/12 EDD 6/6/13, Shooting 3-for-3 from the line: It's a Girl
    PgAL/PAL Welcome
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • little bugger....lol....or Missy (hence we hope for a girl)...DS just says "baby belly" when he sits on my lap or lays with me. He will rub my belly and then kiss it and then try to sit or jump on it :( *Talk about feeling sick and haven to pee quick!*
  • Though I had a friend who's DH was refering to their baby as "Zeek the Zygote" and I thought that was pretty funny!
  • My DH is a hairy guy, and earned the nickname with bear in it while we were dating. It stuck. The baby has now earned the nickname Gummy Bear.
    BabyFetus Ticker Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Hehehe

think Cletus the fetus is my favorite :) 

**Child and Loss Mentioned**

~~~God's Promises are Good and True! ~~~

Baby boy born 6/3/13 after 13 cycles :)
    Angel Baby Loss November 2018.
      Daisypath Anniversary tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • imageBacon+lettuce+tomato:
    Tater. DH's grandpa started it actually. Or Cletus the Fetus, depending. Lol.
    Krys DD#1-6/2002; DD#2-4/2010; SUPRISE BFP 10/19 EDD 6/25/13 BabyFruit Ticker
  • We just call it "the baby" until we find out what she/he is then we will call it by name we have picked out of it. 

While I was pregnant with DS2, we would call him "Baby Brock" so that DS1 understood there was a baby in there. To this day DS1 calls him "Baby Brock".  

DS1 2-26-07
    DS2 10-18-10
    M/C 8-5-12
    DS3  6-21-13
    #4 Due May 2015

IT'S A BOY

http://i1156.photobucket.com/albums/p577/Jennidyan1109/23d540d6-b829-444c-8c32-e5df839d3d41.jpg?t=1417822558

• imagemammak:
    imageBacon+lettuce+tomato:
    Tater. DH's grandpa started it actually. Or Cletus the Fetus, depending. Lol.

Oh snap, first was a quote fail :(

We call our baby Cleatus the Fetus....until we know different it's funny! 

Krys DD#1-6/2002; DD#2-4/2010; SUPRISE BFP 10/19 EDD 6/25/13 BabyFruit Ticker
  • Peanut. Or 'Nut. :)
  • We both feel like we're having a boy, so we've been referring to the baby by the boy name we have picked out.

Lilypie - (tQ1Y)

Lilypie - (Rgc4)

Daisypath - (bXqd)

Natural miscarriage @ 8 weeks - 3/8/2005
    Big Brother "Skippy" born - 2/28/2007
    Missed miscarriage - (EDD 3/5/2013) - D&E @ 11 weeks - 8/8/2012
    "Hen" (EDD 6/7/2013) - born sleeping @ 19 weeks - 1/15/2013
    "G-Unit" born - 4/14/2014 and he's 100% perfection!!
  • Alfonso.  My girlfriend jokingly called our LO that and I just think it's funny and keep using it.  That and Little Vampire - because it has been sucking all my energy and beauty away!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

M/C 7/8/12

Perfect baby boy born 7/8/13

BFP 8/20/14 EDD 4/27/15 It's a GIRL!!

• DH calls it whatever fruit or veggie it happens to be that week. Right now, it's the little lime.
    Sunshine_zps3fcf529f
    BFP #1 on 8/11/12 | natural m/c at 5 weeks
    BFP #2 on 10/20/12 | due 6/28/13 Pregnancy Ticker
  • King Kong. 

It started with me saying I was having a monkey because I was craving fruit so much.  DH pointed out it must be a gorilla since I've been starving all the time.  Ta-Da!  King Kong was born.  After our first ultrasound, I said I was little disappointed we weren't having twins.  I was going to name the other one Godzilla. 

• "Peanut".  Thats exactly what it looked like at my first U/S at 9 weeks.  Peanut is looking more like a real baby now that I'm 14 weeks, but the name stuck!
  • One of my close friends and I are both pregnant...so weve taken to calling the babies pumpkin and peanut :
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I like Cletus the fetus! haha

We have been calling it "Little Emmett" It is DH's first name, although he does not go by it, and DH is convinced it is a boy after the US tech said it looked like at boy at NT scan. I am not sure it is a boy but I call it Little Emmett too 

image image

• We just refer to the am "the twins." I know, pretty boring.
    Unexplained Infertility

After two Clomid cycles, three injectable IUI cycles, two IVFs, two miscarriages, and one lap surgery, IVF #2 has brought us our little boy!

TTC #2
    After months of being postponed or cancelled, FET #1.3 (Natural FET) brought us twin girls!

Surprise! Baby #4 is due in March!
  • This baby has been Nemo since before s/he was conceived. D's was Guppy and my m/c was poppy seed. If I have another it'll be Monstro. Can you tell I love Disney? 

Proud Mama to Mickey (12.03.09) and Nemo (06.06.13)

• Before we found out it was twins, DH called her "Speck"  then it was Speck and Spack.  Now I just call them the Parasites in my belly.

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • imageDragonfly1226:
    We just refer to the am "the twins." I know, pretty boring.

Or this too

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • My maiden name is Barrett, married name is Hauser, so we have been calling LO "baby Bauser".  Just has a silly ring to it:) 

• 'little ones' (me) and 'test tube babies' (DH)...we're having twins via IVF. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageejmo68:
    My DH keeps calling it junior so I have started as well...I bet you can guess what sex my husband wants this baby to be lol!

My DH is doing the same thing. 

image image
    Bennett Andrew- 6/4/13      Nora Elizabeth - 10/3/14
  • I'm pretty sure this one is a boy too. My daughter calls the baby a cupcake cuz I'm baking the baby lol until we find out what the baby is. I already call him my little monster because he is going to be horribly spoiled by 3 siblings ages 9, 12, 14 and its my DH first baby so yea I'm just preparing myself!!!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • DS is known as Critter (also Pork Chop), so we've been calling this one Little Critter. 

My sister has been calling this LO bambina because she thinks it's a girl. She was the only family member who guessed right with DS- she may be on to something! 

Marigold Celestial Nostrils to save the day with glitter and unicorn farts! Image and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • We are so boring and don't have any cute nicknames... we call the baby "baby."

With DS... we called him "fat baby" because one day I was poking around the fridge and DH said "what does fat baby want to eat?" He got this sh!t-eating grin... because he knew darn well I was going to ring his neck for calling me his "fat baby" -- but he quickly claimed he was talking to the baby, not me. He's lucky I laughed!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • I call it the BabyMonster usually, but on Twitter I call it the #OperaBaby, because my Twitter name is @OperaWife.
  • Our nickname for baby is Monkey. We had an ultrasound where the face looked like a monkey...it was pretty cute ;) 
    Married 07.07.12
    BFP #1 EDD 06.04.13
    Beta #1: 20,560 @ 20DPO, Beta #2: 37,945 @ 22DPO
    U/S #1: 4w6d - too early to see baby, U/S #2: 6w2d - we saw the heartbeat!
    *So thankful to God for blessing us with this miracle*

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I've been calling the baby Baby Z or Ziggy since the day I found out I was pregnant. 

When I found out, I went on Baby Center and watched the video about the first trimester.  In the video it explain conception and how when the egg and sperm meet, it forms a zygote.  Well, I got all excited and was calling it a zygote, even though it was no longer zygote. My DH hated that name, and so did my one GF, so she came up with Ziggy, and DH now calls it Baby Z. 

I wanted to switch to little piglet b/c of the US pic and it's huge belly, but that didnt fly b/c every one calls it Z or BZ

SURPRISE! BFP: 12/2014 - EDD: 8/13/15

We made plans and God laughed

DS: BFP: 9/30/12 - EDD: 6/9/13

Radley Quinn was fashionably late via induction on 6/17/13

• We'd been calling our hypothetical baby The Cheat, jr. (after our cat, who we now call The Cheat, sr.) for quite a while before we were pregnant.  I love how tasteless our friends and family find it, except my mom who can say with a totally straight face things like, "I'm having a garage sale next week, but I set aside a box of old kids books for The Cheat, jr."
  • We call the baby Prometheus becasue I was so sick at the beginning.  It started as a joke but sounds pretty comical when we pray at dinner and say, "please pray for Prometheus."
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

View Full Size Image

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"