Babies: 9 - 12 Months

Dirty floors and crawling baby?

Hi ladies!

I'm no neatfreak...obviously, I'm asking because I know my floors aren't superclean at home. My husband and I try to take our shoes off, but this doesn't always happen. And now that LO is crawling, I'm wondering:  Do most moms wash/wipe off their babies hands after they have crawled on the floor?  What's a good mama to do? Huh?

TIA!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Dirty floors and crawling baby?

• I'm sure some do but I don't.  Heck, I have a dog and a small house with all wood flooring.  My kids have both consumed a lot of dirt!  I also put the baby on the ground in the back yard and don't stop him from tasting leaves and sticks while big sis plays.  We always have a wet towel at meals to wipe baby, highchair, and table after the meal and we often wipe babys hands before he eats but that's the only time for the most part.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• No, I don't wipe down his hands... although we always take off our shoes, and we have mostly carpet.  He's a constant finger sucker, so he's eating his fair share of dog fur already. 

Maybe I should be?

He's learned how to open the toilet lid and splash in the water. Now that gets a very thorough hand washing.

• Loading the player...
  • I'm a neat freak so I'm the wrong person to ask. I clean my floors 3-4 times a week.

I do still wash his hands.

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimageimageimage
  • I'm not a neat freak and I have two step daughters, DS, a roommate and DH... My floors get messy.  I wash DS's hands before meals and he has a bath a day and washes when necessary.  He still gets completely filthy, but c'est la vie.  I do what I can

BabyFruit Ticker
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • imageKimbus22:
    I don't.  I'm not scared of my kid being near dirt.  If I think of it I'll wash them off before he eats but I usually don't think about it unless I can actually see dirt on them.

Pretty  much.  We have two dogs and all hard floors.  I vacuum at least once a day, I swift at least once a week, often twice.  I brush the dogs at least once a week.  I do try to wipe his hands after we have been to the grocery store or around places where people might be ill.  I do keep my shoes on in the house-- I am supposed to for a hip thing.

• A very wise day care worker once told my mom that all children need dirt to grow. The only thing I am a freak about is dog or cat fur. If I see any on the floor, or on my baby, I flip. Just because it grosses me out. But dirt? I'm sure there isn't enough on your floor to do any harm. Unless you have been on Hoarders or something ;)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Please.... DD & DS are both on the floor the whole day.  I can't wipe them down each and every time.

We've implemented a strict no shoes in the house rule.  If you have a play room -- even better cause then you just have to worry about that room.  Even with the no shoes in the house - we have hard wood floors so it gets dirty/ dusty fast.  We sweep everyday and I mop every few days when i can but that's all.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • We are in Canada where keeping shoes ON is odd, so we take off our shoes.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    imageimage
    imageimage
  • imagejuliane2004:
    We are in Canada where keeping shoes ON is odd, so we take off our shoes.

Oh, so this is a northern thing? Interesting, must be the whole massive amounts of snow requiring boots and all... :) 

No one I know wears shoes in their homes...

• We bought a Shark mop that plugs in and uses water to clean the floors mostly because he throws his sippy cup down so hard juice and milk splatters everywhere.  The Shark is nice because it dries immediately.  It was a little pricy but I used a 20 % coupon at Bed Bath & Beyond.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Nope, I don't.
    S- March 09 E- Feb 12 L- May 15

• Thanks, everyone! I enjoyed reading all the responses. I'm going to look into getting one of those Shark mops. Thanks again...ya'll are awesome! 

• lol, I was thinking this too. My mom would have NEVER allowed us to have shoes on inside the house. I like knowing that outside dirt stays outside. 

ETA: I intended to quote the "in Canada we don't wear shoes in the house" post. 

• What do you use to clean your floors?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"