February 2013 Moms
Options

Regular BH for over an hour, then no more contractions but sharp pain???

Has anyone had this happen???

I woke up last night because I was having a really painful BH at 3:15. Went to the bathroom, drank water, got back in bed and continued to have strong BH for over an hour. (I've been having BH contractions since 16 weeks and often - this is not the first time I've had several in the course of an hour, but these ones were more painful than the others... still, not as painful as real labor). I started timing them at one point and I had about 11 in the course of an hour about 5-7 min apart. I kept changing positions in bed and it didn't help. Finally, I decided to get up and get ready for work at 4:45 when I realized I wasn't going to be able to sleep anymore. I still had contractions (although I stopped timing) until around 7:30. I got to work at 8. By then, the BH went away and were replaced by a sharp shooting pain in my low belly when i walk. It's been coming and going all day, but other than a few contractions everything seems normal again. Baby is moving great.

What the heck is going on? This is my second, and I'm used to BH, but it really confused me how there could be so many and then they just stop... and now this other feeling?

Anyone have ideas?

Re: Regular BH for over an hour, then no more contractions but sharp pain???

• Options
    I've had BH contractions since about 13 weeks and none of them have ever been painful.

I was told to call my OB if I have more than 6 in an hour. I would definitely call. It's better to be safe than sorry.
  • Options
    I wouldn't worry about it unless you are spotting or the pain gets worse.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I would call your Dr. or Midwife to check.  I don't have any experience with this though.  I hope things ease up for you.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Tickerimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"