Breastfeeding

Need support lost my 300 oz stash

I literally cannot stop crying. Went into the basement to deposit a ziplock bag full to find the freezer had turned off and all 300 plus oz in my stash melted. I have been EBF but pumping some since about week 2 due to oversupply which has regulated, however I just started EPing last week due to feeding issues. This was my saftey net for going back to work in Jan and allowed me to keep my sanity. I am devastated and need some support. I'm feeling like this may be the end to my BF EPing. Thanks ladies.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Need support lost my 300 oz stash

• Oh my goodness!!! I'm so sorry! I would be devastated too. 
    image Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I am sooo sorry this happened to you!! I've lost some milk, but never that much. It seriously sucks. Good news is, you still have a few weeks to make a new stash before you start working, and you have an entire ziplock bag full of milk still! Don't make any decisions about quitting today, just keep pumping on your normal schedule. It is a setback, for sure, but you can certainly recover from it!!!
    Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • It is totally ok for big girls to cry over spilled/lost milk
  • Oh no!! That sort of happened to me this summer. I went downstairs to put my milk away and the freezer door was cracked open and all my milk was partially thawed! I cried for sure! I ended up throwing out about 50 oz right away and decided to see how the other stuff lasted since it was completely thawed. DS started refusing some of it though so I've since thrown out another 100 oz! We will see how he responds to the other bins of milk to see if I have to throw out any more. He has a dairy sensitivity so I was counting on that to last once I stopped nursing so he could have breastmilk instead of cows milk for a few months.
  • That totally stinks but don't give up!!! I EP and have been for about 3 months now, and honestly I've only used about 3 oz out of my freezer stash. How much do you pump a day compared to how much LO eats? I keep a spreadsheet just so I can track the differences so I know if I should try something new to pump more. I know it's discouraging but you can do it!
    imagePhotobucket width="180px"> Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I am so sorry.

But as PP's have said, you really only need to pump enough for the next day.  You only need a small stash as a cushion.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP#1 10 wk missed mc      

BFP#2 DS born at 40+2 on 8/14/12  BFP#3 DD Born at 39+3 on 5/13/14

• imagechicagocubsfan23:
    That totally stinks but don't give up!!! I EP and have been for about 3 months now, and honestly I've only used about 3 oz out of my freezer stash. How much do you pump a day compared to how much LO eats? I keep a spreadsheet just so I can track the differences so I know if I should try something new to pump more. I know it's discouraging but you can do it!

Thank you so much for this. And thanks to all of you ladies for the support. Right now I am producing more than she eats for sure so I know I can build it up now. I'm just worried about when I go back to work. I just am obsessing about my supply tanking when I will probably have to drop a pump etc. I guess I will just take it one day at a time. I'm not giving up yet! Thanks for the encouragement.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"