April 2013 Moms
Options

Christmas Gender Reveal

I'm trying to make this a Poll but can't click the tab in either Chrome or IE. Let me know if there's something I'm doing wrong. 

We had our anatomy scan this morning and will be revealing the gender on Christmas but we're a little undecided on how to do it. We have two plans that we're having a hard time choosing between so I'd love everyong to vote on which one they would enjoy if they were my in-laws :)

1. Have a small cake made with the interior dyed pink/blue and our son can smash away at it.

2. Have a blablakids.com rattle (the little bear was DS's first toy) wrapped up as baby's first present.

3. Both! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Christmas Gender Reveal

• Options
    I vote wrap a rattle. If you're waiting til Christmas, it should be because the way you're revealing is tied to the Christmas theme. If you do a cake, you could do that as soon as you know Smile
    Photobucket Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker VOTE on my Name List
  • Options

I tried to make a poll on baby names earlier, and i'm in Firefox, so I think it's the bump that's messing that up...

I'd wrap a rattle. I am definitely not a fan of kids smashing cake for the sake of smashing cake (I also can't stand the tradition of having a "smash cake" for baby's 1st birthday). If you want a cake, at least cut and serve it properly!

OMG too many tickers...
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageUberBiz:

I tried to make a poll on baby names earlier, and i'm in Firefox, so I think it's the bump that's messing that up...

I'd wrap a rattle. I am definitely not a fan of kids smashing cake for the sake of smashing cake (I also can't stand the tradition of having a "smash cake" for baby's 1st birthday). If you want a cake, at least cut and serve it properly!

I said something similar to my husband! I was a little upset that the cake would be ruined and we wouldn't get to eat the cake. He assured me that the dyed cake would be roughly cupcake sized and then there would be a proper holiday cake that I could have a piece of and that DS wasn't allowed to touch. I don't like the idea of ruining perfectly delicious cake, it's wasteful.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Rattle! Adorable and unique idea.
  • Options

I agree with going with a reveal that is Christmas-themed, so I vote for the rattle.

Plus if it were me, I would want the reveal to focus on well, the reveal. I feel that having my older kids smash a cake would put the focus on them instead, but that'S just me. If you would like to keep the cake idea, you could maybe have a yule log made with pink/blue icing inside?

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersimage
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    Farewell, nesticle, you will be missed
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"