April 2013 Moms

Itchy, itchy belly

I've been trying to keep moisturizing lotion on it, but my goodness, a spot right above my belly button is incredibly itchy, it started a little the other day, but today has gotten worse. I had PUPPP with my daughter, and I'm hoping this isn't an early onset of it again (I had it the last month and a half with DD). That would really stink. A lot. Hopefully it's just a symptom of rapid stretching and goes away soon. :(
OMG too many tickers...
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Itchy, itchy belly

• I'm not even concerned with stretch marks, lol... I do have a tub of Palmer's cocoa butter, but I hate it. I need to find something less greasy. It leaves me all tacky and I hate pulling my pants up over my belly after I put it on.
    OMG too many tickers...
  • The only thing that helps me for the itchiness is oil. After bath or shower, while your skin is still wet, spread a drop of oil on your belly and boobs. Works wonders. I use the special oil by Clarins, but it probably works with any kind of oil.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I think it's these darn elastic waists that make me itchy.
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • I asked for a couple nice Body Butter tubs for Christmas from Bath & Body Works or the Body Shop.  Combine the dry skin of winter with dry skin of pg on a stretching belly, those butters are the only ones that really soothe my skin.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageblueandgray:
    I asked for a couple nice Body Butter tubs for Christmas from Bath & Body Works or the Body Shop.  Combine the dry skin of winter with dry skin of pg on a stretching belly, those butters are the only ones that really soothe my skin.

I had a mango scented body butter from B&BW with my DD, I loved it. Maybe I'll put that on my Christmas list!

OMG too many tickers...
  • Have you tried oil? Maybe even olive oil...... I would try that too! I hate being itchy!
  • imageSkyBee:
    Have you tried oil? Maybe even olive oil...... I would try that too! I hate being itchy!

ka2shaz mentioned oil, too. I may have to give it a shot.

OMG too many tickers...
  • Medela makes a cream that comes in a pink tube. I used it with all my pregnancies and its great. Lately can't find in stores so I order from amazon.

imageimage 

6/20/11 mc @ 5wks
    10/19/11 mc @ 17wks- Trisomy 18
    IUI #1 4/26/12 BFN
    Moving on to IVF in July
    37 with DOR...fabulous
    ER 7/14/12 6R 5F, ET 7/17 3 embies, beta #1 7/26: 147, beta #2 7/28: 326, beta#3 7/30: 422...ugh, beta#4 7/31: 607...hopeful, beta #5 8/2: 1280, beta #6 8/7: 7184 and u/s shows 1 possibly 2 sacs! 8/14 2 beautiful heartbeats! 9/24 we are TEAM BLUE!!!!!

• Burts Bees Mama Butter is my saving grace. It even works for my eczema (sp??). I also use it with an oil and salt scrub in the shower and then just pat dry to keep the moisture.
  • I love the Burt's Bees Mama Oil.  Smells delicious and works like a charm without being greasy.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"